Sponsored

Does anyone know how to remove the carpet?

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is the factory wash out floor designed? Is it a rubber mat attached or more like a spray liner?

I have the Ford rubber mats in my OBX and they work great with mud for the most part but I'm tired of trying to get dog hair out of the areas where carpet is exposed in the back seat.

STranger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Crew Cab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
does anyone know the part numbers for the wash out floors for 2 door? wish the vinyl was an option or standard on my base model, like my '94 XL... carpets got to go!

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

off topic, but honestly now that I'm looking at this photo, I cant imagine it would be that hard to reroute the rear AC vents that are under the seats to the rear console. People would be all over that.
I had this same thought recently. I wonder if it’s ever been done?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's anything like the wash out flooring, just remove the front seats, gear shifter/center console and you can lift the flooring right out. Not connected to the vehicle in any way, just sits in the tub.

Screenshot_20220423-085451_Photos.jpg
I’m not sure you even have to remove the shifter or console on mine it only tucks under about an inch. The sill plates once you pop them up (they only have clips) have little hooks the carpet just slides off. The only big obstacle I see is the seats but once unbolted a person could rock them fire and aft to get the carpet out with our fully removing the seats. Myself would love to have a one piece floor liner removing seats in not an issue for me. It’s more important to be water resistant than easy to install. The slope to the drains and the drains itself would still be something I want.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

does anyone know the part numbers for the wash out floors for 2 door? wish the vinyl was an option or standard on my base model, like my '94 XL... carpets got to go!
I’ve asked many times and have never gotten a part number for my 4 door. I’d have already bought them if I could have.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Making a complete rubber floor for the bronco? if let me know how to remove the carpet, I'll consider doing this project, my black diamond doesn't have a carpet, so I can only ask you guys if Can someone provide a video of how to remove the carpet, that would be great
Since you have the black diamond I myself would model it right off of your floor. That way you have all the accurate dimensions for fitment in front of you. Maybe make a few styling changes to avoid any conflict. I’m sure you can make the drain channels better than the OEM as some have mentioned they don’t run down to the drains well enough.

oh and I’ll need two 4 door sets when ready!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

off topic, but honestly now that I'm looking at this photo, I cant imagine it would be that hard to reroute the rear AC vents that are under the seats to the rear console. People would be all over that.
The Issue with that is the console storage leaves very little room on either side to get a vent thru. But anything is possible.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure you even have to remove the shifter or console on mine it only tucks under about an inch. The sill plates once you pop them up (they only have clips) have little hooks the carpet just slides off. The only big obstacle I see is the seats but once unbolted a person could rock them fire and aft to get the carpet out with our fully removing the seats. Myself would love to have a one piece floor liner removing seats in not an issue for me. It’s more important to be water resistant than easy to install. The slope to the drains and the drains itself would still be something I want.
No, you really don't. And for mine, I cut it anyways - that little flap that goes in front of the center console is pointless. Sliced right down the center and now facilitates quick removal if needed. I just slide each piece back up behind the center console in the foot well and it's never budged.

Taking the Seats out is quick and easy. 4 bolts and one electric connector under the seat for each front seat. Not even 5 minutes of time per seat.

Sponsored

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just looked it up, I believe it's M2DZ5413010AA, Ford Parts added a bunch of Bronco Parts to its catalog, it is pricey at over $1000 though

STranger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Crew Cab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just looked it up, I believe it's M2DZ5413010AA, Ford Parts added a bunch of Bronco Parts to its catalog, it is pricey at over $1000 though
Thanks, I appreciate it! However I did jus sell my bronco to carvana for STUPID money...maybe I'll order the washout floor for my next bronco 😆

mattusmc

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Base

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this thread was brought back from the dead, yesterday. I would like to add some detail in the event people actually use the search feature and find this thread in the future.

No, you really don't. And for mine, I cut it anyways - that little flap that goes in front of the center console is pointless. Sliced right down the center and now facilitates quick removal if needed. I just slide each piece back up behind the center console in the foot well and it's never budged.

Taking the Seats out is quick and easy. 4 bolts and one electric connector under the seat for each front seat. Not even 5 minutes of time per seat.
Ford Bronco Does anyone know how to remove the carpet? 1679052060724

(Picture showing the center console flap that @Theherofails is referencing)

For others that are interested in the part numbers for the 2 and 4 door vinyl flooring:
4 Door Vinyl Floor - M2DZ-7813010-AA
2 Door Vinyl Floor - M2DZ-5413010-AA
Drain Plugs (identical on the 2 and 4 door) - M2DZ-78111A74-CA

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since this thread was brought back from the dead, yesterday. I would like to add some detail in the event people actually use the search feature and find this thread in the future.

Ford Bronco Does anyone know how to remove the carpet? 1679052060724

(Picture showing the center console flap that @Theherofails is referencing)

For others that are interested in the part numbers for the 2 and 4 door vinyl flooring:
4 Door Vinyl Floor - M2DZ-7813010-AA
2 Door Vinyl Floor - M2DZ-5413010-AA
Drain Plugs (identical on the 2 and 4 door) - M2DZ-78111A74-CA
Thank you for all the info and great assumption! I've been searching around like crazy trying to land on these part numbers.

Has it been determined whether or not all bronco models come with the active drain holes to accommodate this vinyl floor?
Sponsored