Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking for side racks (over side rear window on hard top) that mount to OEM roof rack. Is there such a thing? It seems there's only options to mount another rack on top of the OEM rack.

I'm trying so hard to still get into those 6' 6" parking garages and still use the thing for what I want on trails, and hoped a side mount system would work best... Anybody know of anything like that? Molle or otherwise?
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not been able to find any, but maybe someone out there knows something we don't know.

OP
OP

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am keeping my eye on these. I will have the OEM rack also and would like to keep it if possible. Unsure if this will fit the Bronco OEM but Im hoping to find something like this.
Same, and tht one is kind of what I was hoping existed for our OEM rack - That one doesn't look like it would work unless you want to drill into the rails, and I'd rather have something that doesn't require modifications

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been looking for side racks (over side rear window on hard top) that mount to OEM roof rack. Is there such a thing? It seems there's only options to mount another rack on top of the OEM rack.

I'm trying so hard to still get into those 6' 6" parking garages and still use the thing for what I want on trails, and hoped a side mount system would work best... Anybody know of anything like that? Molle or otherwise?
Came across this, not sure if this is what you were looking for

https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-bronco-rotopax-mounting-bracket-plate-kit/

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth with the OEM Rack and while I could install my 80lb tent and 30lb awning I would of had to make special brackets to mount the awning and decided if I'm dumping any money into the OEM rack to use it, I would just put that money towards an aftermarket rack that increased my dynamic weight limits and allowed me to carry more stuff easily. This is really important in the 2-door. After a few months I ended up getting the TrailRax roof rack and their PaxRax side mounts and it has made it so much easier to mount everything and more stuff to my Bronco. Unfortunately the BaddAss Tent option doesn't work on the 2-door and even with the 4-door I don't think you can really carry anything with it beyond rotopax's.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree, I’d like to see brackets that mount to the roof rack side rails (the ones that run the length front/back of the bronco), brackets for paddles, fishing rods etc. everything mounts to the cross rails.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raising my hand for this same solution hoping some manufacturer sees it. I want to mount recovery boards and fuel to the side so I can get in my 7 foot garage.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went back and forth with the OEM Rack and while I could install my 80lb tent and 30lb awning I would of had to make special brackets to mount the awning and decided if I'm dumping any money into the OEM rack to use it, I would just put that money towards an aftermarket rack that increased my dynamic weight limits and allowed me to carry more stuff easily. This is really important in the 2-door. After a few months I ended up getting the TrailRax roof rack and their PaxRax side mounts and it has made it so much easier to mount everything and more stuff to my Bronco. Unfortunately the BaddAss Tent option doesn't work on the 2-door and even with the 4-door I don't think you can really carry anything with it beyond rotopax's.
Does the awning not mount directly to the OEM racks?

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the awning not mount directly to the OEM racks?
Only way I was able to make it work, since the OEM Bars do not have t-slots is to use a u-bolt that goes under, or improvise one like the RTT's mount. This requires an awning mount that is L-shaped and wider than the OEM bars. You just have to get creative. I've seen people basically wrap the side rails with rubber mounts, but that doesn't seem safe to me.

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, I’d like to see brackets that mount to the roof rack side rails (the ones that run the length front/back of the bronco), brackets for paddles, fishing rods etc. everything mounts to the cross rails.
How about using large Quick Fists? You could mount them with revnuts, if you want to drill a hole into the side bars?

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only way I was able to make it work, since the OEM Bars do not have t-slots is to use a u-bolt that goes under, or improvise one like the RTT's mount. This requires an awning mount that is L-shaped and wider than the OEM bars. You just have to get creative. I've seen people basically wrap the side rails with rubber mounts, but that doesn't seem safe to me.
Thanks for the info! Now I can plan out my purchase and I now have an idea of what to expect. I wasn't sure exactly how it would go, so I thought I'd do some digging but there isn't much info available so thank youđź‘Š

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I can visualize what you did, but could you post some pictures? Thanks.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I can visualize what you did, but could you post some pictures? Thanks.
I snapped this one from the internet. I've done what I said on my trailer, but it is at my other house, so I'll take pictures of what I did exactly, tomorrow.

fbe62e9450a2e8a1a0f381cb28cf9b61.jpg

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I snapped this one from the internet. I've done what I said on my trailer, but it is at my other house, so I'll take pictures of what I did exactly, tomorrow.

Ford Bronco Does Anything Work With OEM Rack? fbe62e9450a2e8a1a0f381cb28cf9b61
Great. Thanks!
Sponsored