Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

None of the aforementioned side racks will work with the OEM rack on a 2dr, but the standalone side rack can work on the 4dr with the OEM rack because there's an extra mounting spot that isn't used on the hard top. Victory 4x4 is a sister company with JCR, and they're the ones selling Bronco stuff.

Nobody wants to make anything for the OEM rack because hiding underneath that plastic cover is a weak plastic subframe. The only things made with metal are the rails themselves, and they could be made out of solid titanium and be capable of holding 300 tons, but if you're holding all that up with plastic, it's too weak for anything but really light duty stuff. I've been looking into ways that I can replace those plastic mounts with either steel or aluminum to fully utilize the strength of the rails while still being able to use the OEM plastic covers, so it's visually identical but structurally sound. From there I'm going to see what it takes to make a set of side plates that will bolt directly to the existing side rails to give it t-slot mounting capability on the inside, a full drop-in basket, and some real estate to side mount things like a side rack, awning, flood lights, grab handles, ladder, etc. Using the side rails for structural support will give the rack a lot more capacity and won't be relying solely on the hard top to carry all that weight...similar to the way soft top racks are being made for Broncos.

I like the look of the OEM rack and I probably share the same opinion as a lot of others, I don't really want to toss the rack and buy a different one just because Ford made it virtually useless. It's going to take a lot of work to make it functional for anything beyond strapping on a kayak or a pair of skis to, however. You're likely money ahead by finding a short enough aftermarket rack with the option of a side rack, or some other method for carrying your stuff like a bumper/tire carrier/rack combo. I'm running an LOD carrier with two jerry can mounts, a hi-lift jack, and a rack right above the rear tire, that might be enough for what you need?
Sponsored

yuvalla

Badlands
First Name
yuval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of the aforementioned side racks will work with the OEM rack on a 2dr, but the standalone side rack can work on the 4dr with the OEM rack because there's an extra mounting spot that isn't used on the hard top. Victory 4x4 is a sister company with JCR, and they're the ones selling Bronco stuff.

Nobody wants to make anything for the OEM rack because hiding underneath that plastic cover is a weak plastic subframe. The only things made with metal are the rails themselves, and they could be made out of solid titanium and be capable of holding 300 tons, but if you're holding all that up with plastic, it's too weak for anything but really light duty stuff. I've been looking into ways that I can replace those plastic mounts with either steel or aluminum to fully utilize the strength of the rails while still being able to use the OEM plastic covers, so it's visually identical but structurally sound. From there I'm going to see what it takes to make a set of side plates that will bolt directly to the existing side rails to give it t-slot mounting capability on the inside, a full drop-in basket, and some real estate to side mount things like a side rack, awning, flood lights, grab handles, ladder, etc. Using the side rails for structural support will give the rack a lot more capacity and won't be relying solely on the hard top to carry all that weight...similar to the way soft top racks are being made for Broncos.

I like the look of the OEM rack and I probably share the same opinion as a lot of others, I don't really want to toss the rack and buy a different one just because Ford made it virtually useless. It's going to take a lot of work to make it functional for anything beyond strapping on a kayak or a pair of skis to, however. You're likely money ahead by finding a short enough aftermarket rack with the option of a side rack, or some other method for carrying your stuff like a bumper/tire carrier/rack combo. I'm running an LOD carrier with two jerry can mounts, a hi-lift jack, and a rack right above the rear tire, that might be enough for what you need?
Any progress on that? Will be happy to learn if so... thanks

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered this OEM looking roof rack off of Amazon and installed it last night. When I went back online to look for an install video i saw that they had side accessories on both driver and passenger sides….

https://a.co/d/hqIJYeb

interested in finding these compatible accessories…

IMG_4523.png

IMG_4522.png

IMG_4521.png

IMG_4520.png

Spicygb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered this OEM looking roof rack off of Amazon and installed it last night. When I went back online to look for an install video i saw that they had side accessories on both driver and passenger sides….

IMG_4523.png

IMG_4522.png

IMG_4521.png

IMG_4520.png
So I saw this rack a few months ago, how did the fitment end up being? I’d like to get the side ladder, pulling stuff out of the roof box is a little tricky.

Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I saw this rack a few months ago, how did the fitment end up being? I’d like to get the side ladder, pulling stuff out of the roof box is a little tricky.
Fits great! Looks like a bit more space in between the front 2 panels for ease of removal. I'll try to take some pics by this weekend.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any progress on that? Will be happy to learn if so... thanks
I got as far as making the measurements, and considered welding up a plate steel subframe but couldn't figure out how to address the fit inside of the rails as that piece needs to have a slip fit on all sides to be structurally sound. I decided it would probably be better to have it CNC cut from a block of aluminum, but I lack the CAD knowledge (and program) to make a file to send off to a machine shop. I wish I had one of those fancy 3D scanners that would just convert my part into voxels or something I dunno it's computer magic stuff and it helps you cast programming spells I think. I'd be happy to ship the subframe pieces to someone that could make a DXF out of them, I'll pay for two sets of parts to be made, they can keep the second and I'll post the DXF here for anyone else that wants to get some made.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fits great! Looks like a bit more space in between the front 2 panels for ease of removal. I'll try to take some pics by this weekend.
Any updates or pictures to share?

I have the OEM rack, but noticed this one and the side accessories and was interested. I like it goes all the way to the rear versus the OEM shorty.

I did get the Mabett rear cross bar, but it'd be better if it had side rails.

yuvalla

Badlands
First Name
yuval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Does Anything Work With OEM Rack? IMG_4520

Look very nice. I wonder if you can buy only the rear roof rack and adjust/add it to my existing original OEM rack? Do you know if that is possible, or is it a must to buy the entire roof rack? This will allow a great look, as well as adding a mounting platforms kits on the rear side windows.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im going w the BA Tents single mount w both sides. Same height as oem and cross bar is now black only

Sponsored

yuvalla

Badlands
First Name
yuval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if someone will pick the glove...

I think that if someone will build a supplemental rear roof rack product for the original OEM roof rack, but also one with long rails that can be physically connected to the original roof rack, that can allow us, the ones who purchased the original OEM rack, connecting rear side mounting kits to it, he will see a good market for it. I know there is a strong demand from customers who purchased the OEM roof rack and are looking for such a solution. As the current OEM roof does not provide rear-side mounting plate kits, such a solution type can be extended for this purpose. I believe this will allow the development of a much larger ecosystem for Ford Bronco mounting kits on top of this rear roof rack.

I found something that looks very close to it,

https://www.amazon.com/Snailfly-202...8e-85565b7fd4f8&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m.

The problem is it is a stand-alone rear roof rack (very similar to the original rack), but it can't be used as a supplemental product.
If someone takes this and only creates the "right" connectors, replacing the original rear OEM connectors to allow the connection of the rear part with the original OEM roof rail, it will be a perfect product. Adding to it some connectors to the long rails to allow side mounting kits to be connected will make it even greater. I am sure it is doable, and as written in the beginning, I hope someone will pick the glove.

Bronco Rear roof rack.jpg

OP
OP

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen another thread that mentioned this particular product, but I purchased the Yakima Awning, marketed by Ford. It fits the cross bars on the factory rack with no issues at all. It is a very stout connection. https://accessories.ford.com/yakima-awning-1

The few times I've used it, it was very windy and it easily survived the evening while extended.

Ford Bronco Does Anything Work With OEM Rack? IMG_1113.JPG

Ford Bronco Does Anything Work With OEM Rack? IMG_1117.JPG
Sponsored