Sponsored

Does "Black Diamond" or "Base" model have carpet?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My #1 choice it Badlands but I can't spend that much... so I am stuck getting either the Base Or Black Diamond.

One thing I LOVED about the Badlands trim is that the floor has ZERO carpet. I HATE HATE HATE carpet. 100% do NOT want it.

I just watched video on youtube which appeared to claim that the Black Diamond has NO carpet either but the Base trim does? Is this correct?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond trim grants you rubberized floors (no carpet). Base is carpet only. Black Diamond also comes with Marine Grade Vinyl seats, very comfortable and very easy to clean. They do get a bit hot in the hot summer sun though, be prepared for a sweaty back. The rubberized floors are one of my favorite features on the bronco. Incredibly easy to clean up dirt, dust and dog fur as it doesnt get embedded in carpet. I highly recommend it.

Additionally, the Black Diamond trim is a great budget badlands trim. Gives you metal skid plates, rock rails, 4.46 diff (good for 35 inch tires) and less off the crazy tech that could break.

Sponsored

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep in mind you can add floor liners to any model and essentially get the same effect. They are easy to remove and hose off as needed. I would have preferred no carpet but wanted some features of the Outer Banks which has carpet and just added the floor liners.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base model and it was clearly worth the extra $160 for the floor liner option. Yeah, there is carpet underneath it, but I never see it because the rubber floor liners cover it 100%. Okay, I can't hose it out like with a Black Diamond, but that's minor.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome! Thanks for the replies. The base model is NOT for me then... I definitely do not want any carpet. I had digitally fit weathertech floor liners in my prior vehicle. The liners were amazing and I would never not have liners but I still want NO carpet underneath.

This whole time I thought ONLY the badlands trim had NO carpet! Maybe I thought this because this is a new thing for 2022 and 2023 models? Or was this ALWAYS the case?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black diamond comes with no carpet and drains in the floor. Also has the marine grade vinyl seats, at least as a option. I ordered mine 2 years ago so I can’t remember all the options/details

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my Black Diamond. Wash out floors, easy to clean seats. The only carpet is on the backside of rear passenger seats, but you can get a mat to cover that.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought because Ford has replaced cloth with MGV across the board that carpet was being replaced by washout floors. Is that not true?
I thought that was the case also for My23, but someone recently mentioned their recently built Base had carpet. I would of loved them in my Base (MY 22), however it would added about $5k onto my price, washouts would've been nice, but not that nice.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks for the replies. The base model is NOT for me then... I definitely do not want any carpet. I had digitally fit weathertech floor liners in my prior vehicle. The liners were amazing and I would never not have liners but I still want NO carpet underneath.

This whole time I thought ONLY the badlands trim had NO carpet! Maybe I thought this because this is a new thing for 2022 and 2023 models? Or was this ALWAYS the case?
Always the case with BD and BL. Recent changes to everything else were no cloth and carpet replaced with the MGV or leather and washout floors. Only new Bronco that has carpet and cloth right now is the standard Heritage with the Limited getting leather and carpet. Also no current base models can be ordered so are you looking at new or used? '24 order banks will open soon so if you're looking new read over the order guide when it comes out, it'll break down all the trims and what's standard/optional on each.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought that was the case also for My23, but someone recently mentioned their recently built Base had carpet. I would of loved them in my Base (MY 22), however it would added about $5k onto my price, washouts would've been nice, but not that nice.
Are you saying that the 2022 Base does not have carpet?

The 2021 has carpet. That's why I ordered "Floor Liners" for mine to completely cover that carpet.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My #1 choice it Badlands but I can't spend that much... so I am stuck getting either the Base Or Black Diamond.

One thing I LOVED about the Badlands trim is that the floor has ZERO carpet. I HATE HATE HATE carpet. 100% do NOT want it.

I just watched video on youtube which appeared to claim that the Black Diamond has NO carpet either but the Base trim does? Is this correct?

Thanks.
The black diamond also has a rear locking differential and Auxiliary switches... big bonuses!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Always the case with BD and BL. Recent changes to everything else were no cloth and carpet replaced with the MGV or leather and washout floors. Only new Bronco that has carpet and cloth right now is the standard Heritage with the Limited getting leather and carpet. Also no current base models can be ordered so are you looking at new or used? '24 order banks will open soon so if you're looking new read over the order guide when it comes out, it'll break down all the trims and what's standard/optional on each.
x2
Cloth seats and carpet have been discontinued for the remainder of the 2023 model year (except Heritage). The change may have started with the 'Job 2' that started at the beginning of July.

Base models, 2021-mid 2023, came with cloth seats and carpet until then.

Check the 'Build & Price' on Ford.com for current and future configurations.... we'll have to wait and see what 2024 brings.

There may been rare cases of mis-builds (mistakes). My friends Base got rubber floors (3/24/23 build) and mine got carpet but a dark tinted tailgate window (built 3/20/23)!
Sponsored