First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No thank you. 300 mile range is not going to cut it for me.
My Grandaughter loves her Kid Trax EV Bronco though.
Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hybrid yes, all electric no

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another comment - the bronco in the video is going up hill, which as you can see in this thread - its an uphill fight to convince people that not having a transaxle, transmission, alternator with belts that saw off coolant hoses and a million other moving, sliding parts creating friction and wear out and waiting for a chance to break - trying to convince them that having a frictionless, nearly zero maintenance vehicle is not bad thing.

I had a 1996 Ford Exploder - and within 56000 miles required:
1) A new transmission
2) New transaxles
3) Complete engine failure

I'd want an E Bronco simply as there is mathematically a significant reduction in the number of assemblies, parts, and dependencies that can break, wear out and require maintenance.

I get the range anxiety - but when is the last time you went 1000 miles on a tank of gas in a non-commercial vehicle?

Maybe an e-Bronco (with 200-500 mile range) is not the ultimate solution for a week of off roading non-stop out of civilizations infrastructure, but - how often and how many people actually are going to use it that way?
What vehicle have you had this century that had that many parts replaced? Not trying to be an asshole but comparing a 90’s model anything to current is not apples to apples. Also maintenance on an electric vehicle is very similar to a ice from a price perspective. Look at C&D 50k test of a model 3. It had almost the exact same maintenance cost over term as the 3 series bmw. The other thing you are not thinking about is having an all electric will lock everyone out if working on it except the oem. How many independent Tesla repair shops are there? That’s right none because Tesla won’t sell parts to them and there is no aftermarket. At the end of the day electric and ice both have major compromises.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To play devil's advocate though, show me any vehicle that isn't a semi that has 1000 mile range. it would take a typical Jeep 8-10 5 gallon jerry cans to make 1000 miles.

Seems an abnormally high bar to set just to be able to say yes to something.
If you want people to adopt new technologies make it better than what they already have not worse or same.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can confirm. Family works for a supplier who has been designing parts specifically for a Bronco EV.

Sponsored

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd buy either PHEV or BEV Bronco in a heartbeat. Been driving a PHEV since 2014 and I'll keep driving it until I can get an electric Bronco.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s the cable. The battery tech still needs improvements but yes it’s a start and I’m sure it’ll get there one day just not sure it’ll be in my lifetime.
yeah, I mean, idk how old you are. But I'd say you'll see it within the next 10yrs. 15 max. It may take a little bit after that before they can mass produce it, becomes mainstream, etc... But they're getting closer every day.

GM has already promised by 2035 to be all electric. That's not that far away.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not buying a ford electric vehicle if it uses legacy lithium ion batteries

move to solid state

And if its an offroad vehicle im not buying an electric unless it comes with a charging generator

Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In a heartbeat YES! We already have a Mustang Mach e and it changed how we view EVs. Plus, I work in technology and there are already batteries in the works that are 1/2 the size and hold 2x the juice. By the time a Bronco EV would come out, I would hope we would be seeing things like 500+ mile ranges. Last bonus would be, we wouldn't be talking about whether it is 6 quarts or 7 quarts of oil anymore. Oh yeah, and can you imagine the amount of "frunk" space there would be? It would put the Lightning to shame!
The lucid air already gets 500+ range.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're gonna need more coal plants for all these electric vehicles...

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All electric is the answer.

I leased a Hybrid about 5 years ago. It was great on gas, that was it. I want either all ICE or all electric. A PHEV gives the consumer the worst of both ownership models. An expensive battery to replace in 7-9 years, charging equipment costs, as well as oil changes, timing belts, tune-ups, filters, etc. It's a technology bridge vehicle at best and necessary for those that don't have the ability to charge at home.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm all over a hybrid bronco as long as it as the battery only option for short around town trips. My fusion energi can go almost 20 miles on battery only and that's perfect. I currently go to the gas station about once a quarter. In all seriousness I do think they are going to go that route and when they do i'll probably be dumping my fusion for a second bronco.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What vehicle have you had this century that had that many parts replaced? Not trying to be an asshole but comparing a 90’s model anything to current is not apples to apples. Also maintenance on an electric vehicle is very similar to a ice from a price perspective. Look at C&D 50k test of a model 3. It had almost the exact same maintenance cost over term as the 3 series bmw. The other thing you are not thinking about is having an all electric will lock everyone out if working on it except the oem. How many independent Tesla repair shops are there? That’s right none because Tesla won’t sell parts to them and there is no aftermarket. At the end of the day electric and ice both have major compromises.
Except that Ford is selling Mach-E crate motors...what i see the first step to DITY and self repair capability....and unlike Tesla...I'm pretty sure you can order parts from Ford.

Jeep Compass (don't laugh it was the wife's )
Bad tranny
Bad transaxles

No issues with my 2008 F150, nor with my 2013/19 Ford PHEV Fusions.

I really agree with what you posted, but it does not invalidate the underlying fact that the less major components, and the less parts - the less likelihood something is going to break.

Also - unlike the green weenies that want to save the planet - I'm not going down the 'save the world" road because I think its a con job for AWFUL (Affluent White Female Urban Liberals) and hipsters.

I don't think that all bronco's should be EV's., I don't think that everybody everywhere should be driving an EV all the time and that we should ban all ICE's in 3 years or you go to a concentration camp.

I'm saying, I would like a Bronco -like EV. Because it probably would work for me based on my Ford PHEV experience + previous F150 ownership (assuming its engineered correctly). I'm not saying everybody needs one.
Sponsored

Last edited: