First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electrical vehicles are marketing driven trash. The entire concept is impossible to scale to any reasonable commercial application due to the FACT that not enough raw materials and rare earth minerals exist to build them. Subsidy in the market is the only way EV evens exists

The irony is that EV supply chain and EV vehicles are worse for the environment than ICE and oil. EV is a fools gambit.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to mention water fording

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are cool renders.

Thought I saw something with Toyota working on 900+ mile range batteries. For off-road use and towing, etc, even if it drops a huge percentage, I'd be good with 300-ish miles.

Heck, that's what the Bronco gets now. 😂
Bronco may get that (+150 miles), but then it fills the tank up in 5 minutes and goes another +450.
the EV might go 300 miles, then you sit for 45 min-hour before you go another 300

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've updated this post since it got featured to include some more work.

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been playing around with the AI stuff recently and just thought I'd share a few AI renders I came up with for an EV Bronco.

_e71df095-3199-47ff-8d3c-60252790f7d1.jpg

_a23c4548-c024-4589-b5a2-d10b75b0fa93.jpg

_b80981c5-3916-4ccf-9caf-d2fcc8f875b8.jpg

_40197228-4090-4f63-804e-7f5baa4b8ab5.jpg

_e0db67c4-34eb-41a0-bde4-b9fde22dccc3.jpg

_020992af-cdee-49e1-8bed-5fd0f7123f1d.jpg

_3eb465b8-cacd-4a47-bec7-8c7ba1ad5411.jpg

_583d40c1-f789-4699-8223-e96aa461edc9.jpg

_c53aa30d-6839-4b97-9c8b-a32f52cb95a2.jpg
Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been playing around with the AI stuff recently and just thought I'd share a few AI renders I came up with for an EV Bronco.

Ford Bronco AI generated Bronco EV Screenshot_20231016-203703_Gallery

That build quality looks waaaaay too nice to ever see from Ford Mo Co

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Quiet Ride
  • Insanely fast acceleration
  • Charge at home while you sleep
  • Hardly if ever change your brakes
  • Modern collision avoidance is amazing, it reacts faster than a human ever could
  • Automatic mode in traffic is absolutely stellar, though this this point and the one before isn't exclusive to EVs
To me its just another fuel choice, and less a religious debate. I don't think we'll see an EV that will recharge as fast as refilling a gas tank anytime soon, so for that application ICE still reigns king. I do think folks rush over the long-term cost/recycling/infrastructure needs to power these things.
Yes we know the up side to an all electric car, but those in no way make for the biggest negative of an electric car. Their range. An electric car is great for a short commuter car. Anything more than that is an exercise in futility and waste. So yes electric cars have a place, but it is not as a replacement for gas/diesel, hybrid, CNG or eventually fuel cell cars.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes we know the up side to an all electric car, but those in no way make for the biggest negative of an electric car. Their range. An electric car is great for a short commuter car. Anything more than that is an exercise in futility and waste. So yes electric cars have a place, but it is not as a replacement for gas/diesel, hybrid, CNG or eventually fuel cell cars.
Completely agree... Even Ford CEO said so when using the Lightning...

City use. Ideally, families would have 3 vehicles... 2 EVs for city use and 1 ICE family hauler for long range use.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are cool renders, I just can't figure out why anyone that would use a car for any more than a short commute would ever want an all electric car.
Your idea of "short commute" must be a lot different than mine. There are a lot of EVs that can easily handle a 200-mile round-trip commute even in sub-optimum conditions. That, in my book, is a horrendous commute. The average round-trip commute is just over 40 miles. That range, plus extra errands could easily be covered without charging anywhere but home, overnight during the least expensive rates, and not even every night. Range is really only a factor with extended road trips.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you said the same thing twice 😁:

Your idea of "short commute" must be a lot different than mine. There are a lot of EVs that can easily handle a 200-mile round-trip commute even in sub-optimum conditions. That, in my book, is a horrendous commute. The average round-trip commute is just over 40 miles. That range, plus extra errands could easily be covered without charging anywhere but home, overnight during the least expensive rates, and not even every night. Range is really only a factor with extended road trips.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It seems like there are a lot of people on here that just do not want their cheese moved. Like it or not, accept it or not, deny it or not, the world is going EVs.... Extended road trips are a problem. That is why Toyota (and I) are betting on hydrogen fuel cells. Infrastructure is not there yet but with the overwhelming success Toyota/Caterpillar had in the port of LA over the last two years with the long haul Semis.... You will start seeing the infrastructure develop. At first it will rely heavily on fossil fuels with steam reformation but will over time change to green hydrogen. Batteries will always play a roll as will super capacitors (like they do now in formula 1).

The thing to look forward to is that electric motors are FAR superior to ICE. Instant torque, higher horsepower per pound, and far longer longevity with far fewer parts to break. And yes, I used to rebuild the original 1940's and 1950's hybrids (and even built new ones) .... Locomotives. I have a clue or two. I could be wrong... but I doubt it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It seems like there are a lot of people on here that just do not want their cheese moved. Like it or not, accept it or not, deny it or not, the world is going EVs.... Extended road trips are a problem. That is why Toyota (and I) are betting on hydrogen fuel cells. Infrastructure is not there yet but with the overwhelming success Toyota/Caterpillar had in the port of LA over the last two years with the long haul Semis.... You will start seeing the infrastructure develop. At first it will rely heavily on fossil fuels with steam reformation but will over time change to green hydrogen. Batteries will always play a roll as will super capacitors (like they do now in formula 1).

The thing to look forward to is that electric motors are FAR superior to ICE. Instant torque, higher horsepower per pound, and far longer longevity with far fewer parts to break. And yes, I used to rebuild the original 1940's and 1950's hybrids (and even built new ones) .... Locomotives. I have a clue or two. I could be wrong... but I doubt it.
Commercial applications yes, consumer no on the hydrogen front. Busses, garbage trucks, fire trucks, port cargo movers, etc. Those you can support hydrogen refueling facilities. Outside dense urban areas not soo much. You will see expansion of phev as solid state batteries are still about 10 years out.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Commercial applications yes, consumer no on the hydrogen front. Busses, garbage trucks, fire trucks, port cargo movers, etc. Those you can support hydrogen refueling facilities. Outside dense urban areas not soo much. You will see expansion of phev as solid state batteries are still about 10 years out.
I guess that is where we disagree.... Those dense urban areas it is easy to recharge. It is the long haul stuff that will drive Hydrogen. Would not be a big stretch to put in one or two hydrogen pumps at these truck stops with 20 to 30 gas pumps.... As demand increases, they implement more. It will be driven by the big corporates... Wally world, Amazon, those players.... Infrastructure will slowly build.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess that is where we disagree.... Those dense urban areas it is easy to recharge. It is the long haul stuff that will drive Hydrogen. Would not be a big stretch to put in one or two hydrogen pumps at these truck stops with 20 to 30 gas pumps.... As demand increases, they implement more. It will be driven by the big corporates... Wally world, Amazon, those players.... Infrastructure will slowly build.
Hydrogen fuel cell requires MASSIVE amounts of energy to condense the hydrogen and fuel those cells. The only way hydrogen fuel cell becomes practical is AFTER widespread nuclear energy adoption. Hydrogen vehicles are a pipe dream until that nuclear infrastructure is in place.
Sponsored