Tayor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went through the same thing. Wanted easy. Ended up doing the dash speakers, 6.5" mabett pods and 6.5" speakers in the rear, key 500.1 amp, kicker comp+ 8" sub, and killmat over everything and the sub box twice. Extremely happy with the results.
This is exactly the route I plan to go down. Did you consider adding a kicker key 200 up front for the dash speakers or were just swapping the speakers good enough?
Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly the route I plan to go down. Did you consider adding a kicker key 200 up front for the dash speakers or were just swapping the speakers good enough?
Still considering it but from what I’ve seeing there’s a lot more configuration and tinkering required. What I’ve done so far has been just straight swaps. Nice and easy. Id only do it for more volume.

OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is the issue, there are PLENTY of threads out there. I'm in the same boat as others in that its hard to make heads or tails of what would give you the best bang without simply pulling it all out. I have a WT with the B&O (but only because I wanted ACC), it doesn't suck, but I'd like more without putting a tailgate sub in. What I've gathered so far is:

Dynamat everywhere
Polyfill in the rear pods and sub enclosure
Leave the kick panel speakers
Change the dash with KS or C1s
Get a woofer for the center, but not a coaxial
KickerKey 500.1 and a Kicker 8" in the stock enclosure

Then I think:
KickerKey 200.4?
PlugandPLayKits harness?

Then it starts to fall off pretty quickly... and I know a fair bit about stereos, but I've been out of the game for a while...
So you wouldn't put the JKS or C1s in the center?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you wouldn't put the JKS or C1s in the center?
I have no idea! That is just what I've picked up from literally hundreds of pages on this forum. I was trying to summarize everything that I have read. I've done nothing yet, paralyzed by too much information... LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea! That is just what I've picked up from literally hundreds of pages on this forum. I was trying to summarize everything that I have read. I've done nothing yet, paralyzed by too much information... LOL
right! It's mind numbing.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is my install thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-âś….41031/

I went through several brands before settling on JL and Focal combo. I have a hard time saying use exactly what I did, but I can say I’m extremely happy with my results, and countless people have told me the same after they followed along. There have also been people who were more budget conscious, and used cheap kickers etc, and were happy as well. Basically anything on the shelves is better than the cheap paper speakers Ford gave you.
OP, I followed his advice. It has improved my enjoyment considerably.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I the only one that thinks the B&O 10 speaker system sounds good??? :oops:
I don't hate the B&O, but there are definitely limitations. Playing Symphony of Destruction, as an example, buzzes and rattles above 18. With the top off, 18 is the minimum volume. But to me it's more than volume. Voices are difficult to pick out during podcasts, phone calls, etc. especially if there are mixed tones. I got the Lux for the ACC, didn't much care for the B&O, but for the price, I feel like it's a bit lacking.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one that thinks the B&O 10 speaker system sounds good??? :oops:
I did not hate it however changing the speakers has made it much better.

Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think I've ever had mine above 12, but I do get some buzz at higher volumes depending on the song. That's probably more the vehicle buzzing than the speakers.....and it goes away if i adjust the bass.

Never noticed the podcast voices thing. You running it on Stereo or Surround?

Maybe my ears are just destroyed from playing in bands and standing in front of 4x12 cabinets the past 25 years. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Easiest B&O upgrade? 0717211555a_HDR

I don't hate the B&O, but there are definitely limitations. Playing Symphony of Destruction, as an example, buzzes and rattles above 18. With the top off, 18 is the minimum volume. But to me it's more than volume. Voices are difficult to pick out during podcasts, phone calls, etc. especially if there are mixed tones. I got the Lux for the ACC, didn't much care for the B&O, but for the price, I feel like it's a bit lacking.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think I've ever had mine above 12, but I do get some buzz at higher volumes depending on the song. That's probably more the vehicle buzzing than the speakers.....and it goes away if i adjust the bass.

Never noticed the podcast voices thing. You running it on Stereo or Surround?

Maybe my ears are just destroyed from playing in bands and standing in front of 4x12 cabinets the past 25 years. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Easiest B&O upgrade? 0717211555a_HDR
Well, now your just showing off! Kidding, that is a beautiful collection.

Yeah, I don't usually turn it up until the top is off. Again, not bad, but I think they could be better.

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my install thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-âś….41031/

I went through several brands before settling on JL and Focal combo. I have a hard time saying use exactly what I did, but I can say I’m extremely happy with my results, and countless people have told me the same after they followed along. There have also been people who were more budget conscious, and used cheap kickers etc, and were happy as well. Basically anything on the shelves is better than the cheap paper speakers Ford gave you.
Followed this as well. Extremely happy with the result.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks.
I'll have to listen a little closer. Wouldn't mind upgrading, just really don't wanna start tearing out panels to do it.

Well, now your just showing off! Kidding, that is a beautiful collection.

Yeah, I don't usually turn it up until the top is off. Again, not bad, but I think they could be better.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

no audio system should go above 11

1*HMsoYrA2_JsuU5PaxSQL-g.jpg
Sponsored