drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

definitely one of the first things I noticed after getting my bronco.. everything scratches so easily. I can be more rough in my corolla & not have to worry about banging anything up. so much for being ‘built tough’ 🙃
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
definitely one of the first things I noticed after getting my bronco.. everything scratches so easily. I can be more rough in my corolla & not have to worry about banging anything up. so much for being ‘built tough’ 🙃
Built Ford tough.

Agreed though the interior does scratch easily. For this type of vehicle it shouldnt be like that.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been using 303 protectant from day one and no scratches. Wife and daughter have plenty of nails too.

my dogs ride in the back seat

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is pretty scratched up in the back but I’m over it. None of my other plasticy interior cars scratch this easy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The first weekend I owned mine, i hauled firewood for camping in the rear section. Quickly learned how easy it is to scuff up all the plastic lol.

First scratch is the hardest, I now have a nice patina from hauling golf clubs and random things in mine. The interior plastics definitely are on the softer side across the board.
Clearly you do not own any dogs.

Don't worry, after you get enough scratches all over the place it all blends together and it looks like it was designed that way!🤣
Oh I have a dog and he has scratched the crap out of my escape. I just am suprised with how easily it scratches in the bronco. I’ve not experienced that with other vehicles from just driving around town. And I’m suprised so many people on here are ok with scratching the crap out of their bronco 🙄

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s d
Built Ford tough.

Agreed though the interior does scratch easily. For this type of vehicle it shouldnt be like that.
its definitely frustrating considering how much these trucks cost.

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been using 303 protectant from day one and no scratches. Wife and daughter have plenty of nails too.

my dogs ride in the back seat
Thanks for the info. I will have to get some of that!

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll never be easy on Ford for their choice of recycled plastic bottle interiors. It started with the Maverick. The plastic is garbage. Love the Bronco. I stated in another thread I may not buy another (bought 4 in past 18 months) if they keep up with these price increases and don’t step up some quality in certain areas.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As much as I love to bash the ultra cheap materials in the bronco, let me tell you that Mazda is as bad, maybe worse! I have owned 4 CX5s and the the plastic is really soft. You can almost watch a scratch form from just looking at it. I throw that out there just to say I honestly believe it’s an industry trend….. go cheap as possible, definitely not just a “ford thing”.

though I will say it’s harder to take the cheap stuff in a $50-$60k vehicle!

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

though I will say it’s harder to take the cheap stuff in a $50-$60k vehicle!
Exactly this ^

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I have a dog and he has scratched the crap out of my escape. I just am suprised with how easily it scratches in the bronco. I’ve not experienced that with other vehicles from just driving around town. And I’m suprised so many people on here are ok with scratching the crap out of their bronco 🙄
You make a good point. My attempt at humor covers a bitter truth.

Maybe I am jaded or maybe I'm one of the ones to find out first; but, "Built Ford Tough" is a long time gone

As one anecdotal example, my 22' badsas that i waited over 600 days for as a early reservation holder has had a camshaft phaser failure requiring engine rebuild at 6700 miles. I have seen accounts on this forum indicate they waited several months for warranty parts and another 2-3 weeks for the repair... I'm currently up to 7 week part wait as of this post.

As much as I love this truck I have to be honest about how terrible the quality control and rollout of the Bronco line has been.

I genuinly wonder at what point do the countless bad decisions from the Ford "leadership" reach a breach of fiduciary duty to share holders that will warant a course correction.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco interior is 90% cheap thin plastic. It's to be expected.
Sponsored