Sponsored

Enable Cornering Fog Lights on Bronco with Modular Bumper via Forscan?

GA_Alumaduty

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After searching for the past couple of days, I’m wondering if anyone has totally implemented cornering fog lamps with the Mod bumper via Forscan. I’ve seen several directions or instructions, but I’d like to see someone’s complete solution.

As a bit of background, my wife has a ‘22 OBX Bronco Sport, which has a bumper similar to the Capable bumper on the big Bronco. Her cornering fog lamps come on 2 ways. From the manual, “The cornering lamps illuminate the inside of a corner when you are turning the steering wheel OR when you switch the turn signal lamps on. They turn on when the vehicle speed is below 25 mph.”

I have a ‘23 Badlands Bronco (with Mod bumper), Diode Dynamics fog lights, pigtails to connect the lights to the factory location (behind the tow hooks), and a new light switch with the fog button. With Forscan’s help, my inside corner fog light comes on with the turn signal, but I can’t figure out how to make it come on simply by turning the steering wheel (below 25 mph).

So, I guess I have 2 questions:

1.) For those with a Bronco and a Capable bumper, do you have cornering fog lights like the Bronco Sport? (My ‘23 Bronco owner’s manual mentions nothing about cornering fog lamps)

2.) Has anyone achieved the same result with the Modular bumper and any aftermarket fog lights via Forscan?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just keep it on all the time as a wide corning driving light? Thats how i use my DD fogs on my mod bumper.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
^^^^^^^

OP
OP
GA_Alumaduty

GA_Alumaduty

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just keep it on all the time as a wide corning driving light? Thats how i use my DD fogs on my mod bumper.
Well, I really like the way it works on my wife's Bronco Sport. It's really handy when I turn into my driveway or down some street that doesn't have any street lights, (I live out in the country). It's like turning on a ditch light to see where you're turning, but the inside corner fog comes on automatically.
Also, since I figured out how to have the fogs come on with the turn signal, I thought I'd try to get it to come on just by turning the steering wheel (like my wife's Sport).
I was just wondering if it was possible.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After searching for the past couple of days, I’m wondering if anyone has totally implemented cornering fog lamps with the Mod bumper via Forscan. I’ve seen several directions or instructions, but I’d like to see someone’s complete solution.

As a bit of background, my wife has a ‘22 OBX Bronco Sport, which has a bumper similar to the Capable bumper on the big Bronco. Her cornering fog lamps come on 2 ways. From the manual, “The cornering lamps illuminate the inside of a corner when you are turning the steering wheel OR when you switch the turn signal lamps on. They turn on when the vehicle speed is below 25 mph.”

I have a ‘23 Badlands Bronco (with Mod bumper), Diode Dynamics fog lights, pigtails to connect the lights to the factory location (behind the tow hooks), and a new light switch with the fog button. With Forscan’s help, my inside corner fog light comes on with the turn signal, but I can’t figure out how to make it come on simply by turning the steering wheel (below 25 mph).

So, I guess I have 2 questions:

1.) For those with a Bronco and a Capable bumper, do you have cornering fog lights like the Bronco Sport? (My ‘23 Bronco owner’s manual mentions nothing about cornering fog lamps)

2.) Has anyone achieved the same result with the Modular bumper and any aftermarket fog lights via Forscan?

Thanks in advance.
Did you get an answer to your questions? I installed fogs in my module bumper, enabled the one switch, enabled dash light for fogs, and enabled Bambi Mode (fogs stay on with high beams)...I am trying to figure out the setting for cornering, but it is confusing.

BdyCM - cfghttps://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/page-4#post-870566
BdyCM
726-39-01
**xxxxxxxx--Fog Light Usage: 00=Fog Cornering 01=Fog DRL 02=Fog DRL Cornering 03=Fog Only
BdyCM726-39-01xx**xxxxxx--Fog Light Switch Type: 00=Hardwired 01=LIN
BdyCM726-39-01xxxx**xxxx--Front Fog Lamp; 00=Enabled 01=Disabled
BdyCM726-39-01xxxxxxxx**--FrontFog Ckt With Turn: 00=Enable 01=Disable
BdyCM726-39-02xx**xxxxxx--Front Fog With High Beams: 00=Enable 01=Disable (option)
BdyCM726-39-02xxxx**xxxx--Front Fog Auto Cancel: 00=Enable 01=Disable (option)
BdyCM726-39-02xxxxxxxx**--Front Fog Ckt With Turn: 00=Enable 01=Disable
BdyCM726-71-02xxxxxxxx01--Fog Light Switch: 00=Not Used 01=Used
BdyCM726-42-01xxxx101xx--Fog Lamp Ckt Usage(LFRF - Left Front/Right Front): 00=Not Used 01=Fog Cornering 02=Fog DRL 03=Fog DRL Cornering 04=Fog Only 05=Power Supply

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is confusing, but with minimal trial and error I got it working. What I wanted was fogs to operate with the switch manually, but also when the switch is off to illuminate the inside fog light when turning and regardless of any turn signaling. Digits mean changed values (from my '23 Raptor), NC means no changes and x means can be anything and do not change. This is consistent with the main link and spreadsheet here, but I think my instructions are more clear than the spreadsheet.

BdyCM
726-39-01
00xxNC00xx
BdyCM726-39-02NCNC00xx
BdyCM726-42-01NC0101NC

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to ask why so many people want fogs on with High Beams. Totally defeats the function of true fog lights. I do like what the OP is trying to get done. One thing I truly miss about my BMW is the adaptive headlights. This would be a step in that direction.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My fog lights are brighter than my high beams
That is likely true. Fog lights are usually brighter but are usually running a different frequency. Same reason old timer fog lights were almost always yellow. Fog lights should be mounted low to project under the fog. High beams in fog conditions are a fundamental no no. Running fogs at the same time as high beams in fog is counterproductive. There's a sound reason that is illegal in Europe ( it was at least when I learned to drive there in the '60s) and in some States in the US. Virginia, where I live, being one of them. I'm libertarian minded so I don't really care what others do that doesn't bother me. I just wonder why so many so something that is to me illogical. Not a biggie really. I'm just curious.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to ask why so many people want fogs on with High Beams.
For off road or rural roads at night when there is no fog or snow falling. High beams on illuminates down the trail and fog lights throw out a nice puddle of light right in front of the bumper and partially into the ditch.

Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is confusing, but with minimal trial and error I got it working. What I wanted was fogs to operate with the switch manually, but also when the switch is off to illuminate the inside fog light when turning and regardless of any turn signaling. Digits mean changed values (from my '23 Raptor), NC means no changes and x means can be anything and do not change. This is consistent with the main link and spreadsheet here, but I think my instructions are more clear than the spreadsheet.

BdyCM
726-39-01
00xxNC00xx
BdyCM726-39-02NCNC00xx
BdyCM726-42-01NC0101NC
Wait wait wait, did this actually work? Can you show a video?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wait wait wait, did this actually work? Can you show a video?
Yes, it works. Although, it is also activated by turn signals in addition to the turning of the wheel (contrary to prior post). I think you may be able to disable fog via turn signal. Here is a video.

The signal fluttering distracts from the reality. First two illuminations were from each turn signal.

Last edited:

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For off road or rural roads at night when there is no fog or snow falling. High beams on illuminates down the trail and fog lights throw out a nice puddle of light right in front of the bumper and partially into the ditch.
Off road and rural you would use driving lights, not fog lights. Proper light frequency and longer throw with driving lights. Proper fog lights don't have a long throw and installed properly they point downwards at a low angle to bounce off the road and reflect under the fog. If you want to use them for fill I don't care but lights designed for one purpose being used to do something not in their design envelope just bothers me. In the end it's just my opinion based on personal experience and working for an automotive lighting company many years ago.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Off road and rural you would use driving lights, not fog lights. Proper light frequency and longer throw with driving lights. Proper fog lights don't have a long throw and installed properly they point downwards at a low angle to bounce off the road and reflect under the fog. If you want to use them for fill I don't care but lights designed for one purpose being used to do something not in their design envelope just bothers me. In the end it's just my opinion based on personal experience and working for an automotive lighting company many years ago.
so no light is better than “improper” light because the book says that’s not what they’re for. Bumper is too high on a bronco for fog lights to be anything other than decorative anyway. I have a dual function, spot and flood, light bar under my winch and flood style ditch lights at the A pillar but the dogs still fill in that little spot at the corner of the bumper so I can see where that rock is in the dark.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think we are just getting hung up on semantics.
Sponsored