Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same trim and packages in my 2021 2 door 2.7 OBX. I will have to look again too.

2021 Tow/Lux Package OBX 2 door 2.7
760-03-01 B818-90

2023 Tow/High Package OBX 2 door 2.7
760-03-01 7818-90

Just for reference
Very interesting! Mines a 4-door so I wonder if that also has anything to do with it?

Has anyone gone into the easy ABS menu to see what gets changed when they change their value to the "golden" F value for 2.7s? I noticed theres a traffic jam assist field, wondering it that may have something to do with it?
Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting! Mines a 4-door so I wonder if that also has anything to do with it?

Has anyone gone into the easy ABS menu to see what gets changed when they change their value to the "golden" F value for 2.7s? I noticed theres a traffic jam assist field, wondering it that may have something to do with it?
My version of FORSCAN doesn't have the plain text option available for the ABS module on the Bronco.

OP
OP

MattInNash

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guys, very sorry I’ve been in ghost mode. Had a lot going on in life outside the Bronco.

I’ve been living with the iACC for a few months now. Note the speed limit recognition does work, and you can set a “cushion” as well. For example, if you’re entering a 40 MPH zone with a 5MPH cushion, it will set the iACC to 45mph.

General notes on operation:

If you have your seatbelt off, no dice. Don’t pass go, and don’t collect $200. Once the Bronco slows to <3mph, it will turn the system off without a seatbelt on. I saw someone in this thread mention something about that.

Be weary of vehicles with high mounted rear bumpers (cement trucks, school buses, lifted trucks, etc.). My Bronco has tried to run me under a cement truck before I made this discovery. I suspect it’s just the limits of the Radar Modules “view.”

School zones are very touchy. My recommendation is to watch, or lightly press the gas pedal when entering school zones just in case it drops your speed way down. Also on occasion, it has just turned off iACC when entering some zones.

Like most I don’t have full documentation per se. I can’t say that I’m great at write ups, however, it appears that someone has posted a majority of what needs to be changed. I plan to work on it Sunday to attempt to find and document all of my changes to post for everybody’s consumption. As was previously posted, there is liability in this, and keeping in mind the notes I posted above, I think that the risk is mitigated.

Lastly, to this day, I’ve had no luck with Lane Centering. Jesse and I poured over code for a while, and we never found a code that worked. We tried a little bit of everything. I believe that the limiting factor is that the PSCM and the iPMA are on different networks. I don’t have access to wiring diagrams to sort out that mess at this point.

If there’s specific questions I’ve missed, post them here. Some of you have DMed me, I’ll be getting to those shortly.

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys, very sorry I’ve been in ghost mode. Had a lot going on in life outside the Bronco.

I’ve been living with the iACC for a few months now. Note the speed limit recognition does work, and you can set a “cushion” as well. For example, if you’re entering a 40 MPH zone with a 5MPH cushion, it will set the iACC to 45mph.

General notes on operation:

If you have your seatbelt off, no dice. Don’t pass go, and don’t collect $200. Once the Bronco slows to <3mph, it will turn the system off without a seatbelt on. I saw someone in this thread mention something about that.

Be weary of vehicles with high mounted rear bumpers (cement trucks, school buses, lifted trucks, etc.). My Bronco has tried to run me under a cement truck before I made this discovery. I suspect it’s just the limits of the Radar Modules “view.”

School zones are very touchy. My recommendation is to watch, or lightly press the gas pedal when entering school zones just in case it drops your speed way down. Also on occasion, it has just turned off iACC when entering some zones.

Like most I don’t have full documentation per se. I can’t say that I’m great at write ups, however, it appears that someone has posted a majority of what needs to be changed. I plan to work on it Sunday to attempt to find and document all of my changes to post for everybody’s consumption. As was previously posted, there is liability in this, and keeping in mind the notes I posted above, I think that the risk is mitigated.

Lastly, to this day, I’ve had no luck with Lane Centering. Jesse and I poured over code for a while, and we never found a code that worked. We tried a little bit of everything. I believe that the limiting factor is that the PSCM and the iPMA are on different networks. I don’t have access to wiring diagrams to sort out that mess at this point.

If there’s specific questions I’ve missed, post them here. Some of you have DMed me, I’ll be getting to those shortly.
He lives! Appreciate you hopping back in. I also experienced some strange behavior with large trucks. It's definitely not optimized for all scenarios.

If you could share the steps you took for speed sign recognition as well it would be great to compare notes. Thanks!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That makes 100% sense. I had my seatbelt off because I disabled the seatbelt chime, but the first time I had the seatbelt on and it worked... I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP

MattInNash

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He lives! Appreciate you hopping back in. I also experienced some strange behavior with large trucks. It's definitely not optimized for all scenarios.

If you could share the steps you took for speed sign recognition as well it would be great to compare notes. Thanks!
For sure. I’m going to be doing it on a bit for bit basis, FWIW. There are definitely changes in a lot of modules, as you have noted. You may have to compare your AB file.

I suspect that Ford made the decision to nix Stop and Go because of the liability of the thing. Us enabling a feature and finding out it’s limitations is a far cry from Ford having it enabled and the general pop rear ending a cement truck because of iACC.

Also, thought of a couple other notes.

If you have the Bronco in iACC and it’s stopped behind a car, if you unbuckle the seatbelt, the Bronco will absolutely flip out. It will set the parking brake and chime angrily at you. I experienced this one doors off, so don’t know if it applies with doors on or not. I suppose they don’t want you to jump out at a red light and the Bronco to take off without you 😅. I think there might have been a few insurance companies upset with that one.

Of course, as with any “drivers aid,” you must still pay attention. We aren’t talking about enabling Full Self Driving, ala Tesla. That seems to be the nitty gritty of the liability.

All things to be considerate of, with that said though, I do a lot of interstate travel, and I love the ability to reduce the workload so to speak, while cruising along.

I’m going to catch up in the rest of the forum, will be back Sunday.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For sure. I’m going to be doing it on a bit for bit basis, FWIW. There are definitely changes in a lot of modules, as you have noted. You may have to compare your AB file.

I suspect that Ford made the decision to nix Stop and Go because of the liability of the thing. Us enabling a feature and finding out it’s limitations is a far cry from Ford having it enabled and the general pop rear ending a cement truck because of iACC.

Also, thought of a couple other notes.

If you have the Bronco in iACC and it’s stopped behind a car, if you unbuckle the seatbelt, the Bronco will absolutely flip out. It will set the parking brake and chime angrily at you. I experienced this one doors off, so don’t know if it applies with doors on or not. I suppose they don’t want you to jump out at a red light and the Bronco to take off without you 😅. I think there might have been a few insurance companies upset with that one.

Of course, as with any “drivers aid,” you must still pay attention. We aren’t talking about enabling Full Self Driving, ala Tesla. That seems to be the nitty gritty of the liability.

All things to be considerate of, with that said though, I do a lot of interstate travel, and I love the ability to reduce the workload so to speak, while cruising along.

I’m going to catch up in the rest of the forum, will be back Sunday.
Your findings with the Bronco IACC sound the same as how I would describe it on the 3 Fords we’ve had it on. You always have to pay attention it is not autonomous driving. Since they enable it in most all other vehicles liability is not the reason. Good work guys.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, finally got the time to give this a try, and - success!

I only added the stop & go with just the body control modue and ABS changes at this point, once the intelligent with speed sign reading is sorted, i'll make those changes as well. The order I did them in was
1. BCM change cruise control to adaptive Cruise Control, Stop & Go
2. ABS 760-03-01 to F*** ****, then
3. PCM relearn. - I'm not sure this was absolutely required as I did not have any active codes after the ABS change.

Since the as built entries in the ABS position are in question, I took a screenshot of the asbuilt for the ABS position, originally it was B:

Ford Bronco Enabling Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering ABS As Built.JPG

I have a 22 wildtrak so this doesn't answer the question of what the correct entry should be for a 2.3...

cake

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only added the stop & go with just the body control modue and ABS changes at this point, once the intelligent with speed sign reading is sorted, i'll make those changes as well. The order I did them in was
3. PCM relearn. - I'm not sure this was absolutely required as I did not have any active codes after the ABS change.

Since the as built entries in the ABS position are in question, I took a screenshot of the asbuilt for the ABS position, originally it was B:

Ford Bronco Enabling Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering ABS As Built.JPG

I have a 22 wildtrak so this doesn't answer the question of what the correct entry should be for a 2.3...
Well I appreciate your help! May help me narrow down what the correct values for 2.3 are…

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I appreciate your help! May help me narrow down what the correct values for 2.3 are…

It's based on 2020 data, but maybe this will help:

Location 760-03-01: *xxx-xx

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
CMbB = Collision Mitigation by Braking
HDC = Hill Descent Control
TBA = Trailer Backup Assist

Values
0=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA Without
1=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA With
2=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA Without
3=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA With
4=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA Without
5=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA With
6=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA Without
7=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA With
8=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA Without
9=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA With
A=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA Without
B=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA With
C=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA Without
D=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA With
E=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA Without
F=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA With

Based on the above, it's likely to be a value between 8 and F.

Sponsored

cake

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's based on 2020 data, but maybe this will help:

Location 760-03-01: *xxx-xx

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
CMbB = Collision Mitigation by Braking
HDC = Hill Descent Control
TBA = Trailer Backup Assist

Values
0=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA Without
1=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA With
2=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA Without
3=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA With
4=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA Without
5=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA With
6=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA Without
7=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA With
8=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA Without
9=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA With
A=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA Without
B=ACC With, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA With
C=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA Without
D=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA With
E=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA Without
F=ACC With, CMbB With, HDC With, TBA With

Based on the above, it's likely to be a value between 8 and F.
Ford Bronco Enabling Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering 1694303861990

I'll take a whack at these tomorrow and let yall know

cake

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, so unfortunately no values in the ABS seemed to help. Im thinking that kinda makes sense because it seems based on the info @mpeugeot providedd (correct me if im wrong here) that the other trims/pacakges are enabling ACC, CMdb, HDC, and for whatever reason TBA. I can confirm that the F is turning the TBA field in "easy-mode" to present. My current thoughts are that maybe the 2.3L/LUX equipped trucks don't need to change the ABS values. I was hoping that just changing the BodyCM to Stop&Go would work but then I was getting "adaptive cruise control not available" on my steering console screen when I tried to turn on my ACC via the steering wheel button. Has anybody run into that specific message before? The DTC Errors I got related to just having the BodyCM changed were: ABS & IPMA. So Im stuck but maybe this info will help over 2.3L owners try and figure it out.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
automatic
Of course, you have an OBX. LOL.

Sorry. If you DM your vin, or want to use mine to see if you can identify any other differences in the AsBuilt data, let me know.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Enabling Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Centering 1694303861990

Success!!! for me as well. with these correct instructions. THANK YOU.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MODS YET TO DATE!!!

went for a drive in traffic...works fantastic
Sponsored