Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better, I don't like any other FSB past 79........... (stupid IFS crap, hadda do it)
Oh contrare my friend. I was educated a few weeks back that TTB, is indeed a type of IFS (which is how I referred to it) , but also different from the current IFS. Seems to be a little less hate for TTB.
So count me in for the love of FSB's beyond 79...just not the late 80's crap, never liked the rounded headlights!
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh contrare my friend. I was educated a few weeks back that TTB, is indeed a type of IFS (which is how I referred to it) , but also different from the current IFS. Seems to be a little less hate for TTB.
So count me in for the love of FSB's beyond 79...just not the late 80's crap, never liked the rounded headlights!
Not sure what you were educated about. TTB was junk right off the lot and only got worse
if you tried to lift it, tow with it,. etc... Did ride nice and ran the whoops comfy, otherwise a nightmare.

There are multiple reasons there are 64,000 posts here.

https://www.[banned site].com/forums/solid-axle-swaps.29/

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheap as in "not 'TOP TIER' certified" fuel? Any thoughts on Top Tier fuel?

I just had the plugs changed at 125k on my Outback....what a difference in power! I expected to get some MPG's back that had dropped off, but damn!
They also ran some type of cleaner through the system....not sure if that is snake oil or not, but I have learned to trust this shop.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's correct.
So now I'm wondering about the correlation between cheap fuel / top tier detergent fuel/ and carbon build up, etc ......marketing hype or real world results?

The top tier is all about the detergents in order to keep the emission system/ fuel system clean..... according to their web site.

I'll run top tier when I can, but 98% of the time I use local/regional fuel chains.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
top tier is the detergents, per my understanding. Basic fuel is the same for most of its travel from the refinery, the individual companies will add their little detergent 'spices' before sending it to the final vendor (gas stations). We have had gasahol (dating myself, I know.) in Illinois since the every '70s. (10% ethanol), when it was rare to see the stuff out of the State,I would see a solid 8% rise in MPG on a tank of the clean stuff. Now it is rare to find anything without it. As I am currently running around Texas (SAT in the AM and DFW this evening), I can get the 93 Octane without the alcohol and the little Subaru gets a real jump on a pure highway run of a tank of 30.x MPG, with the ethanol, I average about 2-3 MPG less. The car claims it is getting closer to 37 MPG, but it is a dirty liar. Full disclosure, it is tuned to stay out of boost on the highway unless I plant my foot. The 93 Octane is required as it is pumping in, well, let's go with... more boost than stock.

Anyway, the carbon build up on intake valves on a direct injection engine will not be affected in any way by detergents, the fuel never touches the top side of the valve or stem. If you have a dual injection system with port injection (or just port injection), the valve gets bathed with the fuel all the time and that will keep it clean.