Everyone is happy about the frameless doors, and I dont know if we should be

deejaybee

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Frame less doors are lighter, and they look great with the top off. BUT, with the top on the framed door has a better seal with the window. Its easier to seal the top of the door to the top than the top of the window to top. I think some people will not like it, because I do see it having some wind noise, especially for us people who actually take the top on and off a lot.
The windows on my Challenger are frameless and it's the quietest interior on any car I've ever owned. If the window seal is done correctly, I don't know how much difference a window frame makes.

Advertisement

rapidredbronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 2019 Ford Escape
I think the frameless would help with handling between the going on and off process. Maybe better to store or just have to be more creative than our Jeep counterparts, meaning in a garage storing situation. Looks wise I prefer the frameless, but the question will be how do they do over time with possible leaks and such.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

Now, let's discuss tire noise. :LOL:

I need a certain level of road noise to drown out the tinnitus. Last thing I want to do with my passenger is carry on a conversation anyway. Talking is way overrated. First couple of 4wds I owned didn't even have a radio, not that I could have heard it over exhaust and tires.

Advertisement

Advertisement