Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE: well today marks 2 months at the dealership!!!!

yesterday, i woke up and had three alerts via ford pass (power train malfunction, hill assist, & pre collision assist unavailable). it should be noted that i hadn’t received these alerts when i initially took it in…..probably inevitable after a few more miles.

my dealer called me and said after finishing up and doing the test drive, it continued to blow a ton of smoke from the exhaust, and oil and coolant continued to mix.

they have upgraded it to a “hot shot” (i could have misheard the proper term) so i believe a ford tech will look at the issue since the dealer was unable to fix the problem?

😢😢 unfortunately just more waiting. 💔
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With all the smoke in the exhaust system it would take awhile for it to clear. You may end up with a catalytic converter failure as well from all the oil or water passing through

OP
OP
beepee24

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer is now awaiting approval for an Engine Replacement!!!! 😪💔

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What year? How many miles?

doubtful, but tossing out there - the 2.3 is direct injection only. Wondering if carbon’d up and piece broke loose off a valve into the cylinder and damaged the piston rings or scored the cylinder wall enough to let oil get by into the combustion? Before saying hogwash, ask the VW/Audi 2.0t crowd. I’m one of them…

OP
OP
beepee24

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What year? How many miles?

doubtful, but tossing out there - the 2.3 is direct injection only. Wondering if carbon’d up and piece broke loose off a valve into the cylinder and damaged the piston rings or scored the cylinder wall enough to let oil get by into the combustion? Before saying hogwash, ask the VW/Audi 2.0t crowd. I’m one of them…
it’s a late 2022. 26000ish miles

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully they get it going soon and you have no more issues. Our 2019 Expedition was at the dealer for 3 months waiting on a back ordered catalytic converter the summer of 2022. Currently it’s at a body shop and has been since September 20th, more than 7 months. Too long of a story to junk up your thread but hang in there, I feel your pain.

OP
OP
beepee24

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully they get it going soon and you have no more issues. Our 2019 Expedition was at the dealer for 3 months waiting on a back ordered catalytic converter the summer of 2022. Currently it’s at a body shop and has been since September 20th, more than 7 months. Too long of a story to junk up your thread but hang in there, I feel your pain.
omg!!!! 7 months!!
well it’s already been 2 months trying to diagnose it. at the very least, they’ve been pretty communicative with me and did provide a rental, for which i’m grateful. they are a smaller dealer so I’m assuming they don’t have the manpower as a bigger dealer….

but my dealer called and said they just got approval from ford. they had already started on disassembling the engine. and it should be here in 5 days.

hope you get your explorer back soon!
Sponsored