Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had another great trip with the EXO crew in Baja. 20 Broncos, everybody had a great time. Visited some great places, there were some hiccups, one catastrophic failure, but all in all, another fantastic trip! Meet and greet at the parking lot in San Diego.
IMG_3230.jpeg
IMG_3229.jpeg
IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3226.jpeg
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3223.jpeg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What flavor catastrophic failure? Tie-rod?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Baja Bronco

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What flavor catastrophic failure? Tie-rod?
UCA bolt sheared, drove UCA into an electronic module that was mounted near it, killed the Bronco. That was about it. My friend bent a shock, but his Bronco was still somewhat drive able on road only. Some flats, typical Baja stuff.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UCA bolt sheared, drove UCA into an electronic module that was mounted near it, killed the Bronco. That was about it. My friend bent a shock, but his Bronco was still somewhat drive able on road only. Some flats, typical Baja stuff.
Huh, never would of guessed a UCA bolt failed but certainly interesting...when I installed my Icon UCAs I snapped one of the UCA bolts while torqueing, a first for me. The bolt is an easy fix, hopefully the electrics can be sorted out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Baja Bronco

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Huh, never would of guessed a UCA bolt failed but certainly interesting...when I installed my Icon UCAs I snapped one of the UCA bolts while torqueing, a first for me. The bolt is an easy fix, hopefully the electrics can be sorted out.
Baja, anything can and does happen, LOL. I’ve wasted not one, but two alternators on Baja Raptor runs. Don’t ask me how, it’s Baja. Thankfully they were covered under warranty. And Raptor alternators aren’t cheap either. Ford mechanic told me the last one that was fixed about a week before this Bronco run was $730!

OP
OP
Baja Bronco

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So no yard sale on the beach this year?

I'm still putting everything back together after that one.... Looks like it was a great trip. Great pics!
LOL, Nope, pretty tame, but Bronco trips usually are. They certainly aren’t Raptor trips. People don’t push or drive as fast as Raptor runs. Which is great, less time spent on breakdowns.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like an amazing trip. I to was just in Loreto but had to go with my wife to go whale watching, oh joy. I told here we should take a Baja driving trip instead next time. EXO baja is on my list of trips I would like to do in my Bronco or my F150 Raptor.

Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos thumbnail (6)
Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos thumbnail (5)
Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos thumbnail (4)

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard a rumor that UCA bolts are single use according to Ford. If true that means allot of us should be replacing them or atleast buying a spare.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went last minute on an EXO in a basically stock Wildtrak that was maybe 2 months old. My cheeks hurt at the end of the week from smiling so much. The downside was some Baja virus entered my system and I had to almost overbuild my Bronco and run it again this year. Only to have another fantastic time.

It's the kind of bucket list thing I would encourage anyone to make some room for in their life.

Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos Baja24-6

Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos Baja24-5

Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos Bronco-rippin

Ford Bronco EXO - BAJA - 20 Broncos 20240413_135758 22-04-2024 13_40_40_772
Sponsored