Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to get an ESP from Ford. Funny part is my dealer I'm getting my Bronco from is actually Flood ford. I'm interested to see if I get offered their online rates when I go to pick it up.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you need actual quotes just let me know your vin number as soon as it is available to you. I'll gladly break out your options for you. No, you're not required to buy it from me, or your vehicle either.
Thanks for the information on these programs, it is very helpful. Is the 8 year/150k miles the longest available option from Ford? I keep vehicles for a long time during which I rack up a lot of miles. Thanks again!

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the information on these programs, it is very helpful. Is the 8 year/150k miles the longest available option from Ford? I keep vehicles for a long time during which I rack up a lot of miles. Thanks again!
Those are the longest I saw. I was originally thinking 5 years, but 8 years makes the most sense. Some of the rate differences between mileage really aren’t that different. These rates are for a new Bronco in KY, no plow, non commercial. Those factors make a difference evidently. Go to their websites, it takes 1 minute.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are some funny jumps for 25k more miles. $600 more 100k-125k vs $20 elsewhere. Makes you think they expect something to go wrong at that time or is it psychological?

86AD7D24-E132-4137-983F-665D16ECA754.jpeg

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

GET PREMIUM CARE!

the best advice I can offer anyone considering an extended warranty is get a Premium Care Ford Protect (formerly ESP) policy.

Unless you insist on trying to go cheap / gamble with your coverage and only protect the engine and transmission with Powertrain only coverage.

“Base care” and “Extra care” (the middle 2 options) will only lead to frustration and regret when a failure occurs and you find out that many things aren’t covered.

Once upon a time powertrain only coverage may have made sense as the engine and trans are the two most expensive parts of a car, but believe me, there are LOTS of other expensive components these days.

Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone had any experience with GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance? Covers you for 10/100k.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GET PREMIUM CARE!

the best advice I can offer anyone considering an extended warranty is get a Premium Care Ford Protect (formerly ESP) policy.

Unless you insist on trying to go cheap / gamble with your coverage and only protect the engine and transmission with Powertrain only coverage.

“Base care” and “Extra care” (the middle 2 options) will only lead to frustration and regret when a failure occurs and you find out that many things aren’t covered.

Once upon a time powertrain only coverage may have made sense as the engine and trans are the two most expensive parts of a car, but believe me, there are LOTS of other expensive components these days.
All of these rates are premium care. đź‘Ť

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am 100% against buying any sort of warranty.

the last two cars I bought, both subarus, I didn’t buy them because I LOVE foresters, I bought them because they are Japanese and awd.

finance guys at two different dealers tried the doom and gloom, it’s not the cars it’s the sensors and chips that aren’t reliable in ALL cars...

if that’s really the case, then I will buy an Audi or Alfa Romeo with gorgeous interior and buy the best warranty...

that being said, I’m really excited for Ford ownership.

I hope I fall in love with the bronco and can keep it for 30 years.

and, it’s using the 2.7L engine which I’ve heard is one of Fords best, and is already in other vehicles, and the 10 speed is in lots, like the Stang and Ranger right?

new cars come with a 36k bumper to bumper right?

so I have 36k, if it feels solid I’ll keep it, if it had multiple issues, shame on me, I’ll sell it and be done with Ford.

anyone see anything wrong this thinking?

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the factory “bumper to bumper” warranty is for 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.

The Powertrain warranty essentially covering engine, & transmission and maybe drive axles is for 5yrs/60k

you can purchase a NEW VEHICLE Ford Protect Plan as if you had done so up until 3/36 with the obvious drawback of not being able to finance it into your loan.

you can still purchase a USED VEHICLE Ford Protect Plan AFTER 3/36 but it typically costs more and has less coverage.

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AUL is very solid from a warranty standpoint and could probably save some $ for you. They are big in the south, not sure about all states.

Sponsored

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any experience with GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance? Covers you for 10/100k.
Yes my work vans all carry it . I’ve used it numerous times and really like it a lot . Dealer calls Geico then Geico calls me and gives me a clam # and work gets done .
I will add it to my Bronco

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are more “aftermarket” extended warranties than you can shake a stick at.

Some are good and reputable, many are outright scams.

More common in the last decade some of them are in the business of taking your money and then just outright denying claims. “Sorry, that item is not a covered component”.

Even some of the more the reputable ones are now looking for loopholes to avoid paying claims.

think health insurance. Profit is the name of the game. No insurance company gets rich by paying out claims.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now yes, 8 year 150k is the longest you can go.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally am not going to worry about an extended warranty until the manufacture's runs out. What is it for Ford, 3 years or 36,000 miles? That being said when I purchased my last vehicle 4 years ago I bought Route 66 extended warranty thru my Credit Union and it's been used a couple of times but it my situation not worth it in hindsight. It was four years or 40,000 miles or something like that for about $1500. That being said I will still get it again when the original warranty runs out. Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it.
I agree with waiting to see how your vehicle is doing. My F150 has 137000 miles on it and I have to do nothing other than normal maintenance on it . I hope my Bronco hold up as well .