Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know this has been posted a dozen times but my Google-Foo is failing me.

we had a thread that listed the differences in the F150 and the Bronco’s 2.7 with a link to something from the Ford engineering team I thought.

any help is appreciated
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this has been posted a dozen times but my Google-Foo is failing me.

we had a thread that listed the differences in the F150 and the Bronco’s 2.7 with a link to something from the Ford engineering team I thought.

any help is appreciated
I’m not sure which thread you are referring to. But the 18-up F150 has the same 2nd gen 2.7 engine as the Bronco. All that changes are minor things for the specific chassis/packaging as far as I’m aware.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a 2016 F150 XLT Crew Cab Sport for 5 years, and then traded that for my 4dr OBX, Non-SAS. If you're looking for a comparison of the advantages of owning each vehicle, I can share that experience. The only drivetrain upgrade I've done to Bronco is upgrade to Badlands Take-offs, 285/70R17, replacing the 255/70R18 tires.
Quality-wise, both vehicles are problem-free. The F150 was quiet on the highway, 22mpg MPG on long trips with a large gas tank. It had the 3.55 axles for good mpg, and the tow rating was 6200#. It was a great 80mph road trip car for 4-5 people, and, never ran out of luggage space with the roll-up rear cover.

My 2021 Bronco gets 20mpg on trips, and above 55mph the MIC top adds wind noise. It is a less comfortable ride on highway, bouncier, and I tend to cruise at 72-75mph on the freeway instead of 80 because it takes more attention. That is, the F150 is a more relaxing, comfortable interstate highway vehicle. The 4dr Bronco cab has about the same leg & head room as f150, I am 6'5", but theres less elbow room and the console has less room for "stuff." This is a car for 2 people, a 3rd in the back behind the passenger when necessary. Our luggage goes in back seat, the rear compartment has a full-time frig and off-roading beach gear permanently stored.

Around town and in the city for dining, concerts, etc, the Bronco shines. Its such a relief to not have to park a 20' truck. Turning radius is great. It fits in garages. Its maneuverable in traffic. Its very peppy with plenty of power, with the "same" 2.7 Ecoboost (actually, the Bronco 2.7 is slightly de-tuned, a different aspiration & injection system than the 2016 ECO). Bronco engine has a deeper oil pan & pump for driving off-angle.

On the Beach sand, the Bronco is superior. The 4.27 axles, Rear Locker and larger tires for the weight and length mean better flotation and less digging in. The F150 had the on demand 4wd, the Bronco Advanced Transfer Case and a far superior tracking system. If i still lived in snow country, the Advanced system would be safer on ice.

The Bronco is easier to personalize and upgrade, is great around town, is easier to park and maneuver, and when loaded with my Kuat Bike rack, is still shorter than the F150. I can still fit in a few boards and items from the hardware store, can still tow smaller utility trailers. I can no longer load up 4 people, luggage and "stuff" and take a comfortable 13 hour trip to Philly. I can take the wife or the adult son and drive 8 hours to the Outer Banks, spend the week driving on the beach and go home. My daughter's family now has the F150 for hauling the crew and stuff. Im retired and this is the perfect car for me.
Oh, and there's the open roof. How cool is that! How many styles of roof can I buy? The options are endless! These are very different vehicles, each was/is excellent, and Im quite glad I switched to the Bronco.

Ford Bronco F150 2.7 vs Bronco 2.7 - Help 20230517_134735

Last edited:
OP
OP
CashOfLegend

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was my understanding the heads, intake, oil pan and oil pickup were different.

OP
OP
CashOfLegend

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was my understanding the heads, intake, oil pan and oil pickup were different.
Nope.

Cylinder heads are identical
Intake is identical

Oil pan is only different due to the chassis/packaging like I mentioned
Sponsored