First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also can you please tell us how the panel. Is put back on? I’ve not seen this in any video or thread. Only the hassle of taking off.
Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I remember correctly. (Been awhile), the panels should snap right back in place. For removal, I started at the forward edge (rear door) and worked back with the 20” tool. Install was the opposite. I started at the back edge and moved forward. Just go slow and make sure the clips are lining up with the body mounts.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I remember correctly. (Been awhile), the panels should snap right back in place. For removal, I started at the forward edge (rear door) and worked back with the 20” tool. Install was the opposite. I started at the back edge and moved forward. Just go slow and make sure the clips are lining up with the body mounts.
Did you break any clips in the process?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes it’s on the 2-door - mine is a 2-door.

What I’m referring to is an added plastic bracket that is plastic-welded to the inside of the passenger rear side panel. It’s located just behind the 12V socket and cargo light. This added bracket holds one of the blue clips that secures the panel to the body structure.

Several people, including me, had this bracket detach from the panel when pulling the panel free from the body structure. There are 3 plastic welds that can fail. You just need some epoxy like JB Weld to glue the bracket back onto the panel.

@dingle87 took some pictures of it. Here is the panel with that added bracket outlined in red:
IMG_5642.jpeg
Boy... that was a bad day for me. I thought I really screwed some things up. JB Weld did the job. I will not take that panel off again though. I have trauma. LOL

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going to attempt this this week and think I have all the pieces and replacement clips needed but have one question:

Do any of the clips that look like this (excuse the bad drawing) clip into the feeder
Boy... that was a bad day for me. I thought I really screwed some things up. JB Weld did the job. I will not take that panel off again though. I have trauma. LOL
not inspiring me to do this lol

where did you put the in weld? On the back of the panel right where the plastic welds broke?

my hope is that the 20 inch panel tool I bought will give me leverage to remove that pin safely without breaking the plastic welds and having to JB weld.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going to attempt this this week and think I have all the pieces and replacement clips needed but have one question:

Do any of the clips that look like this (excuse the bad drawing) clip into the feeder

where did you put the in weld? On the back of the panel right where the plastic welds broke?

my hope is that the 20 inch panel tool I bought will give me leverage to remove that pin safely without breaking the plastic welds and having to JB weld.
Yes, I put the JB Weld where this piece attached to the panel. I think I put some on the panel itself where I could tell it attached as well. Then I stood there and held it firmly for like 15 minutes while I drank a beer. That also might have contributed to my original issue. LOL. It was later evening when I was f'n around with this and I luckily had JB Weld. If I had to wait until morning, I probably wouldn't have slept. LOL.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take your time, you'll be fine. the push pins/clip things will break though, so sounds like you're ready for that.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take your time, you'll be fine. the push pins/clip things will break though, so sounds like you're ready for that.
Yes and no. I bought these 3 clip types. Do I need to order others?

IMG_3857.jpeg

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes and no. I bought these 3 clip types. Do I need to order others?

Ford Bronco Fake sub/amp...Now what? IMG_3857
I think you should be fine with those. Look really similar to what i bought.
Sponsored