Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm curious what trailers specifically you're looking at. There are a lot of teardrop-type off road trailers well under 3500lbs, and top end popups and tent campers from companies like Opus and Black series that weigh under 3,000lbs but have GVWR over 3500lb just because of high load capacities.
I'm doing a semi-custom Teardrop.
- Habitat/sleeping area without kitchen by: Northern Teardrop Trailers
- Custom chassis with matching tires and Timbren suspension by: Treadhead Garage
- I will do the custom galley myself.

Estimated weight +-/ 1200lbs
Estimated cost: $20k CDN
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We've been told multiple times that the Squatch has about an inch of lift which is confirmed by published specs. I don't know what this person was talking about, stiffer springs that raise the ride height is a lift.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands only comes with Rubberized Floors and the Ford website says:

1600013267227.png
So this is my original post. I asked the Brand Manager some very simple and what I thought was straightforward questions.
-Will power seats be available with washout? I was responded with “no the seats are not washout or waterproof”. so I asked you’re saying you will not offer power seats with washout trim? Response was “because they are not waterproof we can not”.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So this is my original post. I asked the Brand Manager some very simple and what I thought was straightforward questions.
-Will power seats be available with washout? I was responded with “no the seats are not washout or waterproof”. so I asked you’re saying you will not offer power seats with washout trim? Response was “because they are not waterproof we can not”.
I get it, but I have zero trust in a Brand Manger that makes statements that conflict with the documentation. I believe many marketing people started as car sales people to perfect the art of half truths and making up answers as they go. I'll be waiting untill the B&P comes out to believe anything at this point.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, that's the point, if stiffer springs or anything else is raising the height of the vehicle it's a lift. The only reasonable conclusion from that statement is that the person answering questions doesn't actually know what's going on with the Squatch suspension.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that's the point, if stiffer springs or anything else is raising the height of the vehicle it's a lift. The only reasonable conclusion from that statement is that the person answering questions doesn't actually know what's going on with the Squatch suspension.
What was actually asked and replied was this: so what is the difference in Sasquatch and badlands suspension? “Well it’s slightly lifted, actually I have a hard time saying lift because it’s not actually a suspension lift, it’s just stiffer springs and tires. Both those play into why it’s higher/lifted”
So technically coming from a base with Sasquatch it may be a lift but Sasquatch on a badlands isn’t a lift. Hopefully this clears some stuff up

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aren't there already plenty of less off road capable SUVs with higher tow ratings? Why take a unique vehicle and just make it like everything else. I really don't understand the angst. The Bronco is designed ground up as the most capable off road factory produced vehicle and you want Ford to just make it like everything else. If you want less off road ability and more towing, look around as there are a lot of great choices for that need.
Re-visiting this thread after a brief excursion last night this caught my eye. That's a childish attitude, sorry, but it's childish.

Towing 4000lbs offroad as I pictured above should be done easily by the Bronco. You have the great proven 2.7l TT as a tow engine, you have a fully-boxed Ranger frame, you have towhooks on the frame where a real towhitch can be attached.

Why slap the 2.7l in if it can't tow 5000lbs? To win a Bronco vs Wrangler drag race? It's just goofy the Bronco has the sweet 2.7 TT mated to a ridiculous ClassII hitch. As Pope, lakelife and others have said an optional tow package, a REAL tow package, should be available. If not it's a waste of a great tow platform.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Re-visiting this thread after a brief excursion last night this caught my eye. That's a childish attitude, sorry, but it's childish.

Towing 4000lbs offroad as I pictured above should be done easily by the Bronco. You have the great proven 2.7l TT as a tow engine, you have a fully-boxed Ranger frame, you have towhooks on the frame where a real towhitch can be attached.

Why slap the 2.7l in if it can't tow 5000lbs? To win a Bronco vs Wrangler drag race? It's just goofy the Bronco has the sweet 2.7 TT mated to a ridiculous ClassII hitch. As Pope, lakelife and others have said an optional tow package, a REAL tow package, should be available. If not it's a waste of a great tow platform.

Well, if it takes a child to put a square peg in a square hole, then I'll take it. The Bronco is NOT a great tow platform. Ford makes a lot of great tow platforms already though. Again, I just find it odd that people want this unique off road vehicle to be just like what's already offered by many manufacturers. I tend to buy what I need for the intended purpose, and if that's childish, again I'll take it.

I'm sure once you get your Bronco you can modify it to tow as much as you want at the expense of ride and ability. I don't know anyone who sticks to manufacturers numbers for towing, so have at it.

For me, it's wants verses needs. I cover needs first, then wants. I'm glad Ford designed the Bronco to be off road first and everything else second. I'm glad they didn't make it an alsoran to compete with the plethora of SUVs already on the market. I have needs the Bronco will never fill, so I have two trucks to cover that. I have a family SUV that will be better at hauling people around than the Bronco. Then I have wants. The Bronco fills the wants, like the camaro does. If I had to choose , I do the grown up thing and go with needs first. If I could not afford a truck and a Bronco, I would have a truck.

I've towed a lot of big, heavy trailers on some really sketchy back country roads with full size trucks. Trailers I would never think of pulling with the Bronco. If I'm taking a trailer full of horses to a trail head, I'm driving a truck designed for that purpose. I'm not buying a SUV and then complaining how poor it is at getting my horses where I need them.

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it, but I have zero trust in a Brand Manger that makes statements that conflict with the documentation. I believe many marketing people started as car sales people to perfect the art of half truths and making up answers as they go. I'll be waiting untill the B&P comes out to believe anything at this point.
It would support their other assertion that the FE does NOT come with rubberized flooring, as it comes with power seats. Ford website pdf also states FE comes with carpeting, not rubberized floors. I know...”Explore this vehicle” states FE gets rubberized floors. So the online Ford documentation conflicts with itself, one states FE gets washout floors, one states carpet. We now have Brand Manager also stating:

(1) washout floors not available with power seats
(2) washout floors exclusive to Black Diamond/Badlands (not FE)

This would mean washout floors are exclusive to “marine grade vinyl”.

Perhaps this upcoming “Material and Color” Q and A will clear things up.

Last edited:

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, if it takes a child to put a square peg in a square hole, then I'll take it. The Bronco is NOT a great tow platform. Ford makes a lot of great tow platforms already though. Again, I just find it odd that people want this unique off road vehicle to be just like what's already offered by many manufacturers. I tend to buy what I need for the intended purpose, and if that's childish, again I'll take it.

I'm sure once you get your Bronco you can modify it to tow as much as you want at the expense of ride and ability. I don't know anyone who sticks to manufacturers numbers for towing, so have at it.

For me, it's wants verses needs. I cover needs first, then wants. I'm glad Ford designed the Bronco to be off road first and everything else second. I'm glad they didn't make it an alsoran to compete with the plethora of SUVs already on the market. I have needs the Bronco will never fill, so I have two trucks to cover that. I have a family SUV that will be better at hauling people around than the Bronco. Then I have wants. The Bronco fills the wants, like the camaro does. If I had to choose , I do the grown up thing and go with needs first. If I could not afford a truck and a Bronco, I would have a truck.

I've towed a lot of big, heavy trailers on some really sketchy back country roads with full size trucks. Trailers I would never think of pulling with the Bronco. If I'm taking a trailer full of horses to a trail head, I'm driving a truck designed for that purpose. I'm not buying a SUV and then complaining how poor it is at getting my horses where I need them.
Bronco 4-dr is absolutely a great tow platform properly equipped. All this garbage about "get the right vehicle for the job" is just that, garbage. Bronco should be able to match my 2008 4runner 4wd that has 280HP/315TQ. 4Runner can tow 7000lbs, easily handles 4000lbs, offroads as good as a mid-grade Bronco can.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco 4-dr is absolutely a great tow platform properly equipped. All this garbage about "get the right vehicle for the job" is just that, garbage. Bronco should be able to match my 2008 4runner 4wd that has 280HP/315TQ. 4Runner can tow 7000lbs, easily handles 4000lbs, offroads as good as a mid-grade Bronco can.

OK, I this is my last reply on the subject as I don't want to keep beating a dead horse. Your 4runner is an awesome vehicle. If it meets your needs and the Bronco doesn't, why get rid of it? You already have something that does what you need it to and I assume are happy with, so why get something that doesn't? Why demand Ford make a 4runner when Toyota already does. If you think the concept of buying the right vehicle for the need is garbage, then get what looks cool and have the best at it.

Hey, I hope you get a Bronco and really enjoy it and use it best you can. I just don't see it as a must have if something else like your 4runner does everything you need it to and the Bronco doesn't.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, I this is my last reply on the subject as I don't want to keep beating a dead horse. Your 4runner is an awesome vehicle. If it meets your needs and the Bronco doesn't, why get rid of it? You already have something that does what you need it to and I assume are happy with, so why get something that doesn't? Why demand Ford make a 4runner when Toyota already does. If you think the concept of buying the right vehicle for the need is garbage, then get what looks cool and have the best at it.

Hey, I hope you get a Bronco and really enjoy it and use it best you can. I just don't see it as a must have if something else like your 4runner does everything you need it to and the Bronco doesn't.
Big deal is the 2.7l twin turbo can probably get twice the fuel mileage and twice the engine power at high altitude compared to the 4Runner. I tow at 5700 ft minimum most of the time. Twin turbo does well at altitude, so that is why I'm interested about a 4WD SUV that can do it all including being a tow monster at altitude. A proper tow package seals the deal.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I've stated before.......

All that is needed is for FoMoCo to offer a properly equipped Tow Package for those who favor Tow Capabilities over Articulation Capabilities. Period!

Those that say get something else, well, maybe the Bronco isn't what you need either. Maybe you should get a dedicated Off-Road Buggy...... Oh! you want to be able to Drive you off-road vehicle to and from where you're off-roading.... hummmmm....... too bad!

To those who say I have a Tow Vehicle, so I don't need the Bronco to Tow, but if you do need something to Tow, buy yourself a Truck, as the Bronco isn't for you! Well, some people don't have the Financial Resources for MULTIPLE VEHICLES or somewhere to keep Multiple Vehicles and need One Vehicle that can check as many of the boxes off as to their needs.

My point is, the Bronco can satisfy Both the people that want it to Tow 5000 lbs AND the people that want it the have as much Articulation as possible, if the options are made available by FoMoCo.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I've stated before.......

All that is needed is for FoMoCo to offer a properly equipped Tow Package for those who favor Tow Capabilities over Articulation Capabilities. Period!

Those that say get something else, well, maybe the Bronco isn't what you need either. Maybe you should get a dedicated Off-Road Buggy...... Oh! you want to be able to Drive you off-road vehicle to and from where you're off-roading.... hummmmm....... too bad!

To those who say I have a Tow Vehicle, so I don't need the Bronco to Tow, but if you do need something to Tow, buy yourself a Truck, as the Bronco isn't for you! Well, some people don't have the Financial Resources for MULTIPLE VEHICLES or somewhere to keep Multiple Vehicles and need One Vehicle that can check as many of the boxes off as to their needs.

My point is, the Bronco can satisfy Both the people that want it to Tow 5000 lbs AND the people that want it the have as much Articulation as possible, if the options are made available by FoMoCo.
Yep, checking off that last box - 5000lbs tow capacity - should be done. Seems to me that if Ford wants to really rub the Wrangler's nose in the dirt they should offer 5000lb tow capacity. Just plain goofy to trot out a 310HP/400TQ turbo engine then limit the platform to 3500lb tow capacity.
Sponsored