Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still trying to imagine driving a brand new $50K Bronco through the rocks and beating the crap out of it.
Not everyone is rock crawling for good reason.
It’s built to go off road...and built for rocks amongst other things. I can’t imagine someone so detached and weak that they are appalled at someone actually using the Bronco to do Bronco things....must be a grandma...
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm with the crowd who doesn't get why you would even use a new Bronco for this purpose. Seems its a poor expensive choice.

Guess it will be interesting to see end of summer destroyed Bronco videos. :unsure:

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s built to go off road...and built for rocks amongst other things. I can’t imagine someone so detached and weak that they are appalled at someone actually using the Bronco to do Bronco things....must be a grandma...
I will say one thing Gamecock, you are consistent in your man's man opinions and posts. They say consistency is the key. (y)

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is an excellent example. 4dr gets high centered and 2dr walks right past.

Now you know I'm being facetious so thanks for playing along.

Judging from what the driver is doing here are we really surprised he got stuck?

:rolleyes:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now you know I'm being facetious so thanks for playing along.

Judging from what the driver is doing here are we really surprised he got stuck?

:rolleyes:
Most of these videos it's pretty obvious where they went wrong. Driver skill matters more than wheelbase.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not everyone needs to prove their manhood with the Bronco by rock crawling. Can you imagine that?
Who said they did? It was just bizarre when that woman said she couldn’t imagine someone actually using it to do Bronco things like rock crawling. It’s like saying you can’t imagine someone buying expensive scotch and actually drinking it. You want it on the shelf....some want to enjoy it. That’s fine...sit it on the shelf. Some will actually use it...it’s not hard to imagine.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll wait for the inevitable rebuttal of a video showing a 4 door needing help. Come on, I know someone has one.

Not rocks, but it is a Bronco. 😁

Ford Bronco Final answer for rock crawling? 4 door! 391C87AC-DB6B-4660-BBAF-C24CA214881C
Ford Bronco Final answer for rock crawling? 4 door! 6FC8A1F9-649F-4D77-8674-F8BDE50C7CF2
Ford Bronco Final answer for rock crawling? 4 door! 96163666-2D18-4F53-BC8B-56EA2D1AC884

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm with the crowd who doesn't get why you would even use a new Bronco for this purpose. Seems its a poor expensive choice.

Guess it will be interesting to see end of summer destroyed Bronco videos. :unsure:
Well, the one's who will use it for what it is built for want to thank you for spending way too much money on a rig you will never use, keeping the bronco dream alive.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This debate, along with the intended purpose of the bronco, will never end... why do folks still subject themselves to constant bickering!? Must just be the love of the drama!? Seems the better debate could be, would you rather need help from being high centered or rolling down to the canyon floor. 😉

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not use the original video as the only reason for a 4 door. It's true that a 4 door may get high centered more often than a 2 door - with the same lift. There will be places where the 2 door is "better" and other where the 4 door is "better". In most cases they will both perform well. I would base 2 vs 4 door on my overall needs and then choose off-road lines that are best for my rig, skill set and tolerance for damage.

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I changed my order from a 2 door to a four door for the wheel base. I'm 1.5 hours from moab. I'll be playing on hells revenge as soon as the engine is broken in. hoping the spare fits in the back or on a rack!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After watching this video there's no way I'd want a 2 door. I mean can you imagine having to ask for help to get down the rocks? ;)

I'll wait for the inevitable rebuttal of a video showing a 4 door needing help. Come on, I know someone has one.
In Rock Crawling competitions, that's a common obstacle and it's normally put just before the last gate at one of the stages.

In an uncomfortable situation, or when people feel like they have lost control of their vehicle, the panic reaction is to normally slam on the brakes. That's actually the worst thing you can do. You need to overcome that tendency and keep the tires rolling vs skidding which maintains control, steering and proper momentum to keep the front in front and the rear in the rear.

It also helps to put the vehicle in a gear that gives you some RPM revving range so the minute you feel the rear of the vehicle trying to go past the front, you floor it. You do NOT want to be in the lowest crawl gear.

Sometimes you end up doing what we call a drivers handstand. You literally drive away with only the front tires touching until the rear has time to drop.

These obstacles separate the men from the meek.

Ford Bronco Final answer for rock crawling? 4 door! 1620593895731

I've said this numerous times and will repeat it again.
From a Rock Crawling perspective, the Bronco 2dr wheelbase is such a great length. It is the total sweet spot for stability on hill climbs/descents while not being too long for break over angles.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In Rock Crawling competitions, that's a common obstacle and it's normally put just before the last gate at one of the stages.

In an uncomfortable situation, or when people feel like they have lost control of their vehicle, the panic reaction is to normally slam on the brakes. That's actually the worst thing you can do. You need to overcome that tendency and keep the tires rolling vs skidding which maintains control, steering and proper momentum to keep the front in front and the rear in the rear.

It also helps to put the vehicle in a gear that gives you some RPM revving range so the minute you feel the rear of the vehicle trying to go past the front, you floor it. You do NOT want to be in the lowest crawl gear.

Sometimes you end up doing what we call a drivers handstand. You literally drive away with only the front tires touching until the rear has time to drop.

These obstacles separate the men from the meek.

Ford Bronco Final answer for rock crawling? 4 door! 1620593895731

I've said this numerous times and will repeat it again.
From a Rock Crawling perspective, the Bronco 2dr wheelbase is such a great length. It is the total sweet spot for stability on hill climbs/descents while not being too long for break over angles.
Agree with pretty much everything you said, but that first video, they were claiming a "cliff" not too far after that drop. Would not be good for newbs, even if they found the gas peddle to keep from an endo, to then just drive over the cliff.

I'm also curious in that split second situation, will a turbo motor get you want you wanted.
or will it give you what you wanted, a split second after you wanted it (and in this type situation, it really does matter)?
Sponsored