First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After months of searching, I've finally found a grill guard option for the Capable Bumper that offers great light mounting options and good protection for the front end. I had pretty much resolved myself to purchasing an entirely new front bumper as that was about the only way I could see to mount some additional trail lights with the stock Capable Bumper. The problem was that I kind of liked the looks of the bumper and having steel running the full width of the front end attached to the frame is a safety plus in my book. Luckily I took my time looking for one because I happened to see a photo that @Justinfro posted of his and I really liked it.

Ford Bronco Finally, a decent mod option (grill guard) for the Capable Bumper TAC-mod-bumper-003

It's made by TAC Auto Parts and was pretty easy to install. It uses two of the three tow hook bolts along with two stabilizers that mount through the grill. I did some custom Dremel work to the stock tow hook covers so I could still use them, but it should be fine without them, albeit the look is a bit more industrial. All hardware is included and install took less than an hour with two people. It has a nice light rail in the center with plenty of mounting points for a pair of 2-inch fogs and a center space that will accommodate up to a 20-inch light bar (where I've already installed a 20-inch KC bar using the grill guard's mounts). There's a mesh grate included in case you don't want to mount the lights. There's also room on the lower bar for mounting additional off road lights.

Ford Bronco Finally, a decent mod option (grill guard) for the Capable Bumper TAC-mod-bumper-002

The overall build quality is very impressive, especially given the price point (around $350). Alignment is spot on and it really seems to complement the front end geometry of the Bronco very well. Does not appear too aggressive or "over built" at all IMO. If I had one complaint I guess it would be that the welds are not the cleanest I've seen. Certainly acceptable, but not stacked dimes. Another big plus is that you can still keep the stock tow hooks with this option. One month in and I'm extremely happy with this mod.

If interested, you can get it directly from the TAC website or from CJ Pony Parts where it is listed as the Black Horse Off Road Beacon Grill. It was also available from Amazon as of this writing. If you have a Capable Bumper and are looking for a way to add some additional trail lights with some sturdy protection for the front end, I highly recommend taking a look at this grill guard.

TAC Auto Parts: https://www.tacautoparts.com/collec...nt-runner-guard-blk-brush-nudge-push-bull-bar

CJ Pony Parts: https://www.cjponyparts.com/black-horse-off-road-beacon-grille-guard-black-bronco/p/BGFB21NL/
Sponsored

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Cayman S (987.2), 911sc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Sea Monkey Looks great. Nice cuts with the Dremel too.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t usually like the grill guard look, but this one turned out pretty good. Well done!

Kind of has a bit of a police cruiser vibe to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t usually like the grill guard look, but this one turned out pretty good. Well done!

Thank you! Yeah, I wasn't too hot on grill guards myself. I just wanted a place to mount a couple more long-range trail lights. But I saw Justinfro's and really liked it. Fits close to the body and doesn't scream "modded rig!" too loudly.

Geez, hadn't really noticed the cop look. But you're right. May move the antennas to the tire carrier and see if that helps.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Yeah, I wasn't too hot on grill guards myself. I just wanted a place to mount a couple more long-range trail lights. But I saw Justinfro's and really liked it. Fits close to the body and doesn't scream "modded rig!" too loudly.

Geez, hadn't really noticed the cop look. But you're right. May move the antennas to the tire carrier and see if that helps.
My cop comment wasn’t meant negatively - I dig the look. (y) Just noticed the ditch lights too - Almost looks like a spot light 😁

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bonus feature, you can herd cattle with it! 🤠

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Cruiser or crusher? 😎 Definitely the most substantial one I’ve seen. Nice job OP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could you post some more angles from the side? Looks great!
Let me know if you're looking for more specific angles. It fits really close to the front and follows the contour pretty well IMO.

Ford Bronco Finally, a decent mod option (grill guard) for the Capable Bumper IMG_3226.JPG

Ford Bronco Finally, a decent mod option (grill guard) for the Capable Bumper IMG_3225.JPG

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yep. Looks PiT maneuver ready.
Sponsored