First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After a two year wait I finally received my base bronco yesterday. Base means base, as in not a single added factory item. Manual trans because I like my toys that way. I'd previously bought some BD take off wheels so I could fit bigger tires and I powder coated them carbonized grey because I like the steelies but wanted them the body color. I took it straight to the tire store for five BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. All in, with price protection, plus shipping, tax, fees, wheels and tires etc I'm just over $35k which to me seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. If it proves reliable as it ages I'll build it to be more off road worthy but for now it's just for the street and light off road with the top on and doors off, because I've learned over the years that I like the shade but with the doors off. I have a nice 77' model that's aged well, and I'm old enough to know they're all nice when they're new but time will tell how this one ages.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Lastly, Guy and Jim at Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville TN did a good job for me.
J

Bronco.jpg
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfection.

Sometimes I still wonder if I should have gotten a zero option base, throw some 33s on and be done. Probably would be happier in the long run.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perfection.

Sometimes I still wonder if I should have gotten a zero option base, throw some 33s on and be done. Probably would be happier in the long run.
Personal preference, and how it'll be used. If it was an only vehicle I would have gotten a 4 door with auto and options. Good luck with your as well.
thx

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the 2 DR M/T BASE Club @Jason Sandsux! Looks good. Still have the stock tires on mine, but do have a set of BD takes offs that I'm leaning towards rattle canning to match the grey on the base steelies.
I think one size narrower than mine you could just run the base wheels ok. Nice color on your.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The color matching on the wheels really works too, looks much better than either the factory silver or black steelies.
thank you

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco