Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t need huge tires. Just bigger than on the base. Big Bend seems like what I need. The look, and gear change. No manual. Must be auto and 2.3. Ramps are not an issue with the skiff I pull.
I sure wish Ford would offer a mini-Squatch on the Base.... bigger tires and a rear locker, but they make you step up to the Big Bend for those options.

My 2dr BaseSquatch build is only $1k more than a Big Bend with rear locker and adv 4wd transfer case.... that makes it a better deal for me. The additional front locker and wheels/tires are a deal for the extra $$.
Step up to the Black Diamond and it's another $1k on top of the BaseSquatch.

The standard traction control instead of the rear locker will get you out of some traction-limited situations. A locker isn't absolutely necessary for many.
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So to the original question, the value of the Sasquatch package.

Excluding the Badlands (or package which comes with the sasquatch package standard). The Bronco's capabilities on non-sasquatch Broncos is reduced depending on the trim and configuration. Upgrading the differential(s), transfer case, suspension, wheels, and tires via the sasquatch package is anywhere from a good value to a great deal, as long as you want the whole package.

In the Badlands - it isn't a good or great value, UNLESS you want the Sasquatch rims and tires.

Personally, I didn't want to run 35's, 4.7's, and I didn't like the rims or tires with the Sasquatch package. I wanted lockers, but I also wanted carpet, a cloth interior, and adaptive cruise control. I was somewhat screwed and had to decide on what compromise I would accept.

IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V.jpg

In the end, I ended up ordering the OBX with the rear locker, advanced 4x4 transfer case, and lux package. The 4.27 locker is plenty to run 33.5" tires even when running around Colorado (above 7,000'). I didn't get the sway bar disconnect or the front locker. I was initially bummed that I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but in the end, I was happy with what I ended up with.

IMG_20221006_185615.jpg

The advanced 4x4 transfer and rear locker only added $1500 to the price. The 4.27 will run a wide range of wheel/tire combinations with ease. I addressed the suspension "short comings" by installing the Badlands shocks and springs. I have wheels and tires that look amazing on the Bronco (plus an extra set of wheels/tires for highway/economy use - 23 mpg at 70+ mph). It has been brilliant for the 41,000 miles that I have put on it so far.

IMG_20221009_115443.jpg

Pikes Peak 14,000+ elevation.

I don't regret that I went non-sasquatch, but I also realize that I sacrificed some capabilities and some resale value making the choices that I did.
It’s a great looking rig!

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big Bend and Outer Banks come with 32.1” tires and 3.73 gearing. Black Diamond with 31.6” tires with 3.73 gears.

Badlands tires are barely any taller (32.7” to be precise), and comes with 4.47 gears.

Do people really think going from 32.1” to 32.7” without re-gearing is actually going to have noticeable performance loss?

I see a lot of people that keep commenting that Sasquatch comes with 35s. It comes with 34.4” tires. Doesn’t that round to 34, not 35?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, but you just have to pay to play. The Bronco is nice, but I can't get myself to pay BMW X7 money for a vehicle with the bones of a $30k vehicle.
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-11 at 10.32.44 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-11 at 10.32.45 AM.jpeg

Right me either. I'm still waiting on mine meanwhile several local dealerships just somehow have plenty of Broncos for sale listed at $70k. Thanks Ford!
Sponsored