First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
After a two year wait I finally received my base bronco yesterday. Base means base, as in not a single added factory item.
I couldn't do it. I tried, but the Aux switches for $195 were too good a deal.
I also paid an extra $295 to get a color instead of gray.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You almost have an electronic limited slip with the advance traction control systems these days. The ABS will effectively stop the wheel that’s slipping / spinning the most to make the other wheel spin.
Kinda. Traction control doesn't function in low range. A while back I was running 4L and became immobile, engaged locker and went on. I wish I would have thought to shift to 4H and see how the TC worked. I works in my son's Tacoma in low range.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been looking into the Bronco while waiting for my Mav which I really no longer want, lol. I am leaning towards to 2 dr and was thinking about going with either the BB or the OBX but the more I read the threads I think a base 2dr automatic might be the way to go for me. This would just be a daily driver for me and I don't plan to do any off roading with it. What all would I be missing out on going with a base vs say a BB? How is the wind noise, etc in the base? Does it still come with the sound deadening for the hard top? The one thing I would do is replace the wheels as I'm not a fan of the steelies but that should be do able.

The only other thing that had me possibly leaning towards the OBX was to get the 4A drive system. I guess it does come on the Base with SAS but I'm not seeing any of those around me here in MI. Is the 4A system a must have for driving in the snow, etc?

Open to suggestions...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I almost went exactly this route. I even have some 33s in my basement that would have gone on it. When I got the last Ford email I emailed my dealer to remove SAS/2.7/auto off my base 2 door which were the only options besides the aux switches. The dealer told me it was being previewed so I left it alone. It looks really good though.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been looking into the Bronco while waiting for my Mav which I really no longer want, lol. I am leaning towards to 2 dr and was thinking about going with either the BB or the OBX but the more I read the threads I think a base 2dr automatic might be the way to go for me. This would just be a daily driver for me and I don't plan to do any off roading with it. What all would I be missing out on going with a base vs say a BB? How is the wind noise, etc in the base? Does it still come with the sound deadening for the hard top? The one thing I would do is replace the wheels as I'm not a fan of the steelies but that should be do able.

The only other thing that had me possibly leaning towards the OBX was to get the 4A drive system. I guess it does come on the Base with SAS but I'm not seeing any of those around me here in MI. Is the 4A system a must have for driving in the snow, etc?

Open to suggestions...
I did that after waiting for bronco for a year I orders a maverick got it In 3 months it’s a base with awd went out of state because NJ stealers wanted 2+ g adm just to order. Gave up on the bad bronco and was going to just get a gladiator then we get email from ford it was shipped. Never a word from the dealer. Unfortunately the dealer put it in as a default base so not the options or color but we still got it so we will make the best of or black base with not one option but we love it. I added the front and rear fog light switches since we did not have the upditter Aux. and added a trigger shooter 6 and I think that’s better then the built In Aux. we added badland take offs and we are I. It for u see 34000 out the door.

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After a two year wait I finally received my base bronco yesterday. Base means base, as in not a single added factory item. Manual trans because I like my toys that way. I'd previously bought some BD take off wheels so I could fit bigger tires and I powder coated them carbonized grey because I like the steelies but wanted them the body color. I took it straight to the tire store for five BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. All in, with price protection, plus shipping, tax, fees, wheels and tires etc I'm just over $35k which to me seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. If it proves reliable as it ages I'll build it to be more off road worthy but for now it's just for the street and light off road with the top on and doors off, because I've learned over the years that I like the shade but with the doors off. I have a nice 77' model that's aged well, and I'm old enough to know they're all nice when they're new but time will tell how this one ages.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Lastly, Guy and Jim at Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville TN did a good job for me.
J

Bronco.jpg
The Base with 33's added, is imo a great vehicle and value. I love mine. My options are auto trans and aux switches.
I think the steelies, powder coated or stock
(see @BudgetBronco) look great.
Congrats and welcome to the Base Club! 🙂

Last edited:

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow, you really did lock in that price protection. There’s been quite a bit of price creep in the 2 years (yes, it’s literally only been 2 years) since you could first order a Bronco.

Go to B&P and select a no-option Base today, and it’s $35,890 with destination, and that’s before tax and tags, and before paying whatever you did for wheels and tires. So to replicate yours today, assuming you can even order one right now, and you’d be looking at well over $40K. I guess that’s still a deal, but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I “built“ BaseSquatch today with a Mod Bumper and Aux Switches and nothing else, and it came to $44,295 before taxes. That’s a fair bit more than the $38K or so two years ago…

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I agree the base is a great value, but if like me you want a Squatch the Heritage is the value IMO. You get SAS plus the mid package standard plus the modular top and those terrific square fenders. Not to mention all the other white styling bits (I realize they are not for everyone) mine is scheduled with the manual and I can't wait. I do agree though for a non sas the base is best value out there.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree the base is a great value, but if like me you want a Squatch the Heritage is the value IMO. You get SAS plus the mid package standard plus the modular top and those terrific square fenders. Not to mention all the other white styling bits (I realize they are not for everyone) mine is scheduled with the manual and I can't wait. I do agree though for a non sas the base is best value out there.
I would have to agree that functionally, the Heritage is a good value. 😉

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was 50k,God knows how much im into it now! Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your Bronco looks awesome!!!
I am running the BFG K02 285/75R16E with no rubbing & crash bars still in place on my base steelies. How are the 285/75R17E on your Base? Did you have to remove the crash bars, or do they actually fit straight outta MAP? :D
The 285/75/17's are good. No rubbing except at one extreme it rubbed once so far. I haven't removed the crash guards but I might because it's so easy to do but then again one minor rub every now and then isn't a big deal so I'm undecided.
thank you and good luck with yours

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, you really did lock in that price protection. There’s been quite a bit of price creep in the 2 years (yes, it’s literally only been 2 years) since you could first order a Bronco.

Go to B&P and select a no-option Base today, and it’s $35,890 with destination, and that’s before tax and tags, and before paying whatever you did for wheels and tires. So to replicate yours today, assuming you can even order one right now, and you’d be looking at well over $40K. I guess that’s still a deal, but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I “built“ BaseSquatch today with a Mod Bumper and Aux Switches and nothing else, and it came to $44,295 before taxes. That’s a fair bit more than the $38K or so two years ago…
Very true. The price protection was the least Ford could do but it also was unexpected to have such high inflation when they announced it I'm sure

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to mention all the other white styling bits (I realize they are not for everyone)
You got that right. Having to go through and black it back out takes some of the value out of it. The fenders are sweet though.

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You got that right. Having to go through and black it back out takes some of the value out of it. The fenders are sweet though.
I personally like the white top and wheels but I will do something with the grille.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real value in the Heritage Edition would've been in parting one of those out. Someone would've paid $8k for that Mod top, then the seats, grille, wheels and (possibly)dash swap with cash on top. Walk away with basicly a BB Sasquatch with the mid and square fenders for less than the cost of the Base.
Sponsored