First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking dif. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends. I personally have zero experience in lifting/pricing components, but if I were to buy knowing the end game wasn't to keep until I die, it would depend on budget/resale value. There's reputable shops out there, just a relative hassle finding one. Then, you pay for parts AND labor instead of getting everything done from factory. I assume the lift and tires/wheels align with the goal of larger tires. The hassle of getting a speedometer corrected, the option of the different gearing with sas for slightly heavier tires...

What you get for the cost is impressive, from factory(engineered to work together), and cost effective (no additional labor), but I could see if you don't want 60% of the package, then don't get it. I'm a simple mechanic that is confident in replacing factory parts, and upgrading cosmetic components. I went with sas. No regurts.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking dif. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
This signals to me that you have no interest in taking it offroad. The Sasquatch package is a tremendous deal from the factory under warranty. If you are only wanting the look and stance, then you can rationalize the cost savings by just upgrading the wheels/tires with a lift. But don't discount the added value of stronger front axles, front and rear lockers, and 4.7 gearing.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base Sasquatch is an incredible deal, and I plan to order one as well when the banks reopen.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This signals to me that you have no interest in taking it offroad. The Sasquatch package is a tremendous deal from the factory under warranty. If you are only wanting the look and stance, then you can rationalize the cost savings by just upgrading the wheels/tires with a lift. But don't discount the added value of stronger front axles, front and rear lockers, and 4.7 gearing.
You are correct. Just want the look. I drive 400 miles a month. Beach and boat ramp use.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are correct. Just want the look. I drive 400 miles a month. Beach and boat ramp use.
EDIT: It’s your $$. I’m not sure what the cost is to bump up to the big bend then you can get the 4.27 gears and rear locker.

Then you should want a locker driving the beach with no locker while doable on really skinny base tires won’t be as enjoyable as doing it in 35’s and being able to tap a button if you happen to start slipping a wheel. Boat launch as well rear locker is great for pulling the boat out on a slippery ramp. If you ever plan to upgrade to 35” tires then your going to some close to 4K once you get rims, tires and labor. If you want a lift yes you can go cheap but labor still a factor for many. The base 3.73 gearing is gonna suck the mpg down to about 14mpg with 35’s. The sas people have been reporting 18-20mpg. The base with Sas is a pretty good value and if it’s not your forever car is going ti bring a better resale down the road.

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s worth it for the factory warranty as someone mentioned (especially the lift/gearing).

Similar thing in the wrangler 392 world. There is an option package called Xtreme recon that includes similar things from factory. They stopped offering it already on the 23’s back in the beginning of September. Not everyone cares, but some people are not happy since it’s such a relatively great deal, and hard to find a 392 for sale with one that isn’t crazy ADM.

If I can order a Bronco I’ll be checking that box for sure. I also plan to take it off road though.

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This would be my First and the Last 4x4 so I went with the Base Sasquatch and added running boards for my family. Only did one soft offroading this year and its mostly used for daily chores by my wife as I have travel for work, so far all I got is satisfaction.

at 5508 happy miles....

Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ signal-2022-08-06-18-28-13-983-24

Last edited:

Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends. I personally have zero experience in lifting/pricing components, but if I were to buy knowing the end game wasn't to keep until I die, it would depend on budget/resale value. There's reputable shops out there, just a relative hassle finding one. Then, you pay for parts AND labor instead of getting everything done from factory. I assume the lift and tires/wheels align with the goal of larger tires. The hassle of getting a speedometer corrected, the option of the different gearing with sas for slightly heavier tires...

What you get for the cost is impressive, from factory(engineered to work together), and cost effective (no additional labor), but I could see if you don't want 60% of the package, then don't get it. I'm a simple mechanic that is confident in replacing factory parts, and upgrading cosmetic components. I went with sas. No regurts.
Don't forget warranty

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's fine. I wasn't intending to be a "gatekeeper" with my comment. For your use case, the added value of the components that aren't seen may not make the most sense. But be mindful of the limitations by just going with tire/wheel package and a lift to clear the extra meat.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those who wanted a base, but also wanted a locker it’s the only way. To get a factory warranty with those parts is killer. BaseSasquatch is one of the best deals in the off-road road ATM.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like unless you're a serious rock crawling, mud bogging freak Sasquatch isn't going be something you miss a whole lot (that's a little platform dependent I think).

That's also solely based on reading many posts about yes or no to the SAS option, and people who've done the rodeos, and driven both SAS, and non SAS vehicles (most saying the no SAS vehicles did just about everything the SAS vehicles did).

The Badlands platform seems to be one that gets mentioned as one you could live without, and still have a serious 4WD monster. You get lots of the SAS options without the actual lift, and bigger tires.

Mine will be a daily driver, sand vehicle for the most part so SAS just didn't make much sense for me in my opinion. Bigger, louder tires, $3k plus sticker increase were the chief reasons I opted out. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me.

Damned if it don't look cooler with the lift, and those beefy tires though.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was $2500 on my Badlands. The wheels and tires are worth more than that alone.
The Sasquatch package upgrade was $2,500 for me, too, back in 2021. However, with recent price increases, the current Sasquatch package upgrade for Badlands is over $4,000, and it’s over $6,500 for the Big Bend trim on the OP’s profile. That suggests the incremental cost of the upgraded front axle and both locking differentials is roughly $2,500. If the OP is not interested in lockers and doesn’t plan to use the vehicle off-road, he can save money by just installing a small aftermarket lift and upgrading the wheels and tires.
Sponsored

Last edited: