BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! 6 pages in and people don’t realize it’s how the windows are attached, not the windows themselves that cause the problem. Well, there was a person on page 5 that mentioned the rails, but still… :ROFLMAO:
It’s 95% the windows themselves. Maybe more. If they had used the same plastic windows used on BesTop tops, there would be zero waves. They’d be completely flat.

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

took delivery of a 2023 4 dr soft top 12/6. rear quarter windows look tinted, and not wavy, surprisingly quiet too. I knew there would be more road noise than a hard top. It's all good...Happy New Year..

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s 95% the windows themselves. Maybe more. If they had used the same plastic windows used on BesTop tops, there would be zero waves. They’d be completely flat.
This is only 5% of the problem? No way the tracks of the window being at different heights could cause a major problem! Especially not when the higher track is directly under the plastic of the windows and not the fabric part. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Soft Top Window Seems Less Wavy 1D3E7F12-6992-4E5B-B872-69B03900C667

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My OBX driver side pretty wrinkle free but one wrinkle passenger side.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Soft Top Window Seems Less Wavy 29 (2)

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, we probably should be banished to hardtop hell 🤣
PS - I actually prefer the wave … really!
No! Not the hard top! Spare us!
Back on topic, my windows arent that bad at all, especially compared with some early 21 bronco spy shots. Still doesnt bother me. Not like Im looking out of them anyway.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone just had an upholstery shop move the buckles down to potentially help pull out some of the wave? Would like to see pics of more ‘23’s. Does look good.
This is my thought as well. My buckle straps were really long and I sewed them up so they were shorter. This helped reduce the sag initially but now it looks as bad as it originally did. I honestly think moving the Velcro piece lower on the window and moving the buckles would fix it.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did this part number change? To me, this is part isn’t designed right, it isn’t lined up with the rest of the rail and is too flexible. Might not be 100% the cause of the wave but it sure isn’t helping. Was considering modding it to move it lower to pull the window tight, leaving it alone for now.

Notice all the dirt under it, it wasn’t sealing either. I adjusted the soft top main bracket, had a little to give to bring the front down but still not enough.

Mine is exactly the same, the driver's side does that lil jump up but my passenger side is straight. I messed with that window after I got my Bronco trying to figure out why it does that.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it’s temperature related? Cold shrinkage like George Castanza?

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know how to get a replacement back window on the soft top? I used my snow brush on it without thinking, and it scratched it up pretty good.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how to get a replacement back window on the soft top? I used my snow brush on it without thinking, and it scratched it up pretty good.
You should be able to polish that out. There are numerous DIY videos on YouTube on polishing soft top (Jeep) windows. There are polishes intended for plastic only like Novus and PlastX, but if you have a quality auto polish that usually works fine too.

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you asked me what I hate the most on our Bronco (and the list is very short), it's the factory soft-top. It is absolute shite compared to the Wrangler (we've owned 5 over the years). If @Bestop_Team ever comes out with the Supertop Squareback, I'll be first in line. Their tops on our Wranglers were near perfect... fit, finish, reliability and weatherproofing.

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran a coax cable along the bottom of the side window and the frame to increase the tension to get rid of the wrinkles

7A5D8010-3B95-4599-A1F4-2436DC93C30A.jpeg
Sponsored