Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was able to tighten my rear softop windows a bit by just twisting each top fastner (male side) a full 360 degrees prior to being fastened, which had the effect of decreasing the fastner's overall length.

This method might strain or wear the strap of the fastner, but I found it worthwhile.

The results make it less wavy than normal, however, it does not eliminate the wave entirely.

Overall, I'm more satisfied with the look of my softop now.
20221012_143431.jpg
You just have a ‘22 with the redesigned top. My ‘21 clips are on a long flat part and can’t be twisted.
Sponsored

ozzcab

Base
First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You just have a ‘22 with the redesigned top. My ‘21 clips are on a long flat part and can’t be twisted.
I'm not familiar with a redesign of the OEM soft top, however, my soft top also has clips on long flat parts, which are the female ends of the clips attached to the roof of the top.

The clips I was able to twist were the male ends attached to the rear windows themselves. As a point of reference, the male ends on this demo video for operating a '21 soft top appear to be identical to mine:

Ford Bronco Temporary fix for Bronco's wavy plastic windows Screenshot 2022-10-12 195324

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not familiar with a redesign of the OEM soft top, however, my soft top also has clips on long flat parts, which are the female ends of the clips attached to the roof of the top.

The clips I was able to twist were the male ends attached to the rear windows themselves. As a point of reference, the male ends on this demo video for operating a '21 soft top appear to be identical to mine:

Screenshot 2022-10-12 195324.png
For some reason I was thinking the top 🤦. Heck it’s worth a shot. My wife’s ‘22 you could in theory twist either one. The top clips are in small flaps you can grab.

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw a post for a different solution to the wavy windows on the Bronco 6x group on Facebook. The person glued an aluminum strip to the inside of each of the back windows. Here are some pictures he posted. Does anyone see any pitfalls in this idea?

Ford Bronco Temporary fix for Bronco's wavy plastic windows Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 2.37.23 PM
Ford Bronco Temporary fix for Bronco's wavy plastic windows Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 2.36.43 PM

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That fix is not applicable to early tops and you can see tgat top bottom seam is at one level.

To truly fix the early windows requires moving the ide in track at the bottom of frame down or the insuring piece attached to window up so that stitched seam at bottom same level as the short front section. Without lowering 90% of the window to where it should be , stretching the corners won't cure the entire problem as it will still be loose in the middle
Sponsored