Sponsored

Would you accept temporary defective MIC?

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a temp to be replaced even if it was a year later I would do that deal all day.
Exactly. You understood the hypothetical question! Temporary top (with replacement to follow) to get your Bronco now versus waiting for the final top at God knows what date later. Seems pretty straight forward to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, nasty leg over the fire piece by piece with that white top in site! Cactus Grey and White Top belong together.
Careful with those hind legs. Might get stuck in your teeth!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would you take your bronco earlier if it had a cracked rim and a missing headlight?

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if Ford told you that top is crap and the windows might fall out or it might leak or just crack from the sun you be good with that what about the rest of the bronco you be out if Ford told you be crap just to get a Bronco some people would settle for anything.
Nope.
You get the Bronco now with the cosmetic defects on the top we’re all learning about. They send you a guaranteed replacement top when it’s available. Or just keep waiting.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be doing a nice, slow walk around Inspection when I take delivery and anything that MAP's QC missed will noted. As for the internal and mechanical mistakes, I've got 3 Years/36,000 Miles for Ford to correct their mistakes or to prove Ford was selling Lemons instead of Broncos.

Big difference between a Red "X" and Circled Red "X" when you're flying.

yogiberra1-2x.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you take your bronco earlier if it had a cracked rim and a missing headlight?
Nope. I would take it with a MIC that had cosmetic defects with a guaranteed free replacement later to get the Bronco now.

Interesting question though. You should start a new thread with that question and see how many takers you get!

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd take a *slightly* jacked up MIC top even as a permanent thing as long as it was structurally sound, if they'd knock a couple grand off MSRP. But I'm already 99'd and waiting for '22. Maybe it'll be sorted out by then.
I'd also happily take a soft top.
I'm waiting for a 2 Door BaseManSquatch, and plan to use it offroad quite a bit, to replace my 1991 Jeep Cherokee.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be doing a nice, slow walk around Inspection when I take delivery and anything that MAP's QC missed will noted. As for the internal and mechanical mistakes, I've got 3 Years/36,000 Miles for Ford to correct their mistakes or to prove Ford was selling Lemons instead of Broncos.

Big difference between a Red "X" and Circled Red "X" when you're flying.

yogiberra1-2x.jpg
I will be focusing HEAVILY on the MIC top and any imperfections.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot stupid/desperate people on here willing to take a defective roof. I shouldn't say stupid since that's not nice. There are a lot of intelligent deficit people here
Another point to consider is that some, albeit it very few, buyers who are buying a Bronco to be an open air vehicle and the top will be stored anyway.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

nope. I can wait an extra few months, just get it right.
Who says it's going to get better at this point?

Sure seems like if Webasto can't get it right by now, and waste management can't keep up with all the defective tops (as rumored), then there is something inherently wrong with the design and manufacturing process. Given Ford has pulled the Mod top from Webasto, and expects the lead for a different Mod top supplier to be 2023, I don't see how the great MIC disaster gets fixed anytime soon, much less two months.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who says it's going to get better at this point?

Sure seems like if Webasto can't get it right by now, and waste management can't keep up with all the defective tops (as rumored), then there is something inherently wrong with the design and manufacturing process. Given Ford has pulled the Mod top from Webasto, and expects the lead for a different Mod top supplier to be 2023, I don't see how the great MIC disaster gets fixed anytime soon, much less two months.
I don't really have an answer. I do know I need a roof that works and is free from defects though. If they said "we are issuing you this Bronco AND we have created a 24 months manufacture recall for the roof so it can be replaced when the problem is fixed" then I would take the vehicle. Paying $40k+ for a vehicle with a known defect...I'll be patient. I don't need a Bronco though, I want one. If I needed it for a commute, daily driver, that would be a different story.

EDIT: If they came out with a suitable soft top equivilant for the 2door, I would consider it, but there would have to be a price adjustment.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope.
You get the Bronco now with the cosmetic defects on the top we’re all learning about. They send you a guaranteed replacement top when it’s available. Or just keep waiting.
It cost ford more money to do that and what happen if lets say you driving down the freeway and a window comes off and cause a crash and someone dies .

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It cost ford more money to do that and what happen if lets say you driving down the freeway and a window comes off and cause a crash and someone dies .
Again, I'm talking about cosmetic defects. That's what people are reporting. Not flying windows.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again, I'm talking about cosmetic defects. That's what people are reporting. Not flying windows.
some was windows and there are pics but still you think Ford well eat the money on the tops they already losing money because of them.
Sponsored