Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That'll be an aftermarket add on once mine ages a bit, but I agree with you. Personally I think every option should be al la cart individually.
That would be amazing for the consumer but not the ideal business model for Ford. It would basically eliminate the need for all the trims. As it is, they're already producing a lot of customized broncos and are behind schedule. If there wasn't trims to standardize part of that process, I think there would be more production problems
True that. There is something warm and fuzzy about a base. Sounds weird but I either would have gotten a basesquatch with upfitter switches or an every possible option badlands (which I've done twice) lol
Why not one of each? Lol
I would've got a Base if it was optioned with either. A Rhinolined floor, should've been a Base exclusive.
With the money saved on buying a base (in some cases $15k+ compared to other trims) you could get the floor rhino lined yourself and for probably cheaper than Ford would charge
The 285/75/17's are good. No rubbing except at one extreme it rubbed once so far. I haven't removed the crash guards but I might because it's so easy to do but then again one minor rub every now and then isn't a big deal so I'm undecided.
thank you and good luck with yours
Did you consider skinnier tires? This post of another guys base model build kept the original base steelies and he added a true 33" tire (255/85r16. Tallest you can go on the 16” steelies, no rubbing)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-2023-shadow-black-base-experience.63687/#post-1801460

Seeing your bronco has me excited though. I finally got a build date for next month for a base 2dr with manual transmission (the best configuration!). With price protection and grangers below invoice deal, I'm expecting below $30k before tax and fees. It will feel like highway robbery!
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the money saved on buying a base (in some cases $15k+ compared to other trims) you could get the floor rhino lined yourself and for probably cheaper than Ford would charge
I went Base Sasquatch instead, so I would've saved about $5k, before upgrading tires.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The real value in the Heritage Edition would've been in parting one of those out. Someone would've paid $8k for that Mod top, then the seats, grille, wheels and (possibly)dash swap with cash on top. Walk away with basicly a BB Sasquatch with the mid and square fenders for less than the cost of the Base.
If someone were so inclined the mod top and fenders would have the biggest resale value since neither are available. The grille is already out in the wild well before any HE has even hit the streets. The dash is the same just painted and the Fifteen52 wheels are almost identical. The plaid seats would be hard to reproduce but give someone like Mabett or another company a market analysis and they'd probably make the covers.

Guess I need to make sure I keep up on the insurance payments and park mine somewhere secure!

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be amazing for the consumer but not the ideal business model for Ford. It would basically eliminate the need for all the trims. As it is, they're already producing a lot of customized broncos and are behind schedule. If there wasn't trims to standardize part of that process, I think there would be more production problems

Why not one of each? Lol

Did you consider skinnier tires? This post of another guys base model build kept the original base steelies and he added a true 33" tire (255/85r16. Tallest you can go on the 16” steelies, no rubbing)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-2023-shadow-black-base-experience.63687/#post-1801460

Seeing your bronco has me excited though. I finally got a build date for next month for a base 2dr with manual transmission (the best configuration!). With price protection and grangers below invoice deal, I'm expecting below $30k before tax and fees. It will feel like highway robbery!
I considered skinnier but wanted the bigger and wider tires on the steelies. The stock 16" are only 7" wide whereas the BD wheels are 7.5 allowing for a wider tire and proper fit. Actually, although the 255/85/16's fit on the stock 16" wheels I think they're a bit wider than recommended for the rim width so the tread is bulged which I suspect would effect wear and handling. It's been a while since I did my research so it's possible I'm remembering wrong though.
Thank you

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I considered skinnier but wanted the bigger and wider tires on the steelies. The stock 16" are only 7" wide whereas the BD wheels are 7.5 allowing for a wider tire and proper fit. Actually, although the 255/85/16's fit on the stock 16" wheels I think they're a bit wider than recommended for the rim width so the tread is bulged which I suspect would effect wear and handling. It's been a while since I did my research so it's possible I'm remembering wrong though.
Thank you
I also researched it awhile back but you've planted a seed of doubt haha. Now I'll have to double check because that's what I'm planning on doing to mine

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree, if you could option a rear locker on a base Base, they would sell a ton more of them. But they’re not going to cut into their sales of higher-end profit machines. Hell I can’t believe they still offer Sas on the Base. I’m sure the bean counters at Ford are begging the bosses to cut that out!
Ford set each trim to have just enough to induce you to the next one. If I could get high package on a BD I wouldn’t have ordered an OBX!

Only exception is offering Sasquatch package on a base, makes absolute steal!

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been looking into the Bronco while waiting for my Mav which I really no longer want, lol. I am leaning towards to 2 dr and was thinking about going with either the BB or the OBX but the more I read the threads I think a base 2dr automatic might be the way to go for me. This would just be a daily driver for me and I don't plan to do any off roading with it. What all would I be missing out on going with a base vs say a BB? How is the wind noise, etc in the base? Does it still come with the sound deadening for the hard top? The one thing I would do is replace the wheels as I'm not a fan of the steelies but that should be do able.

The only other thing that had me possibly leaning towards the OBX was to get the 4A drive system. I guess it does come on the Base with SAS but I'm not seeing any of those around me here in MI. Is the 4A system a must have for driving in the snow, etc?

Open to suggestions...
I'm a 2 DR base owner and it suits my needs perfectly. Windnoise for me is not an issue, even at highway speeds. It's no louder than my wife's wrangler, in fact, it may be quieter than hers. Mine did come with the sound deadening at no charge, but I believe they no longer do that, you'll have to pay for it. I can't comment on other trims' ride quality, but I'm 100% happy with how mine handles on the roads, it's fun to drive.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been looking into the Bronco while waiting for my Mav which I really no longer want, lol. I am leaning towards to 2 dr and was thinking about going with either the BB or the OBX but the more I read the threads I think a base 2dr automatic might be the way to go for me. This would just be a daily driver for me and I don't plan to do any off roading with it. What all would I be missing out on going with a base vs say a BB? How is the wind noise, etc in the base? Does it still come with the sound deadening for the hard top? The one thing I would do is replace the wheels as I'm not a fan of the steelies but that should be do able.

The only other thing that had me possibly leaning towards the OBX was to get the 4A drive system. I guess it does come on the Base with SAS but I'm not seeing any of those around me here in MI. Is the 4A system a must have for driving in the snow, etc?

Open to suggestions...
The noise is about as I expected it to be. It's not a car or standard SUV so expect it to be a bit louder. Mine came with sound deadening but that may be an added cost now.
Personally I don't see a need for any of the GOAT options except the normal 2 wheel drive/ 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low. I know technology helps some people but having wheeled enough off road, all the options feel like a gimmick to me. For snow just select 4x high and go.
Good luck with your decision

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes my issue was a bit different. I wanted an OBX but they wont sell one with a MT. I ended up about even $$ wise but with a better suspension and stereo. I got a base with 3 options, Modular bumper, key pad and roof rack. With tier II price protection it was 32K. I purchased the paintable mirror caps door handles and fender flares and had them color matched. I then added the 5100 billstiens, bully bar, grill spot light, compnent stereo, PPF film, leather steering wheel, leather 2 tone interior (including door cards and center console lid), and OBX take off rims tires. With the remote radar detector and everything installed it was 42K and nicer than the OBX you could buy. The awd will do anything needed and then some and the billstiens easily adjust for a nice 2inch lift in front and 1 1/2 in back which levels the vehicle. For the money feel like it is a very nice rig. If I ever decide to climb rocks or do mud bog racing I still have money over to add race stuff.

Sponsored

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a two year wait I finally received my base bronco yesterday. Base means base, as in not a single added factory item. Manual trans because I like my toys that way. I'd previously bought some BD take off wheels so I could fit bigger tires and I powder coated them carbonized grey because I like the steelies but wanted them the body color. I took it straight to the tire store for five BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. All in, with price protection, plus shipping, tax, fees, wheels and tires etc I'm just over $35k which to me seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. If it proves reliable as it ages I'll build it to be more off road worthy but for now it's just for the street and light off road with the top on and doors off, because I've learned over the years that I like the shade but with the doors off. I have a nice 77' model that's aged well, and I'm old enough to know they're all nice when they're new but time will tell how this one ages.
Congrats have fun modifying

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
After a two year wait I finally received my base bronco yesterday. Base means base, as in not a single added factory item. Manual trans because I like my toys that way. I'd previously bought some BD take off wheels so I could fit bigger tires and I powder coated them carbonized grey because I like the steelies but wanted them the body color. I took it straight to the tire store for five BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. All in, with price protection, plus shipping, tax, fees, wheels and tires etc I'm just over $35k which to me seems like a lot of vehicle for the money. If it proves reliable as it ages I'll build it to be more off road worthy but for now it's just for the street and light off road with the top on and doors off, because I've learned over the years that I like the shade but with the doors off. I have a nice 77' model that's aged well, and I'm old enough to know they're all nice when they're new but time will tell how this one ages.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Lastly, Guy and Jim at Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville TN did a good job for me.
J

Ford Bronco Finally arrived. Seems like a lot for 35k CEDC0DAE-5534-4ADE-B8A6-835A2B6BD484
Took me 25 months. Got my base ...zero options in October 22. I love it.
Picked up a set of 5 wheels and tires off a BL for 400 bucks.
I'll spend extra bucks on options. The 4 banger and Mt hauls ass. Lots of fun. I think the wife is going to steal it.
Paul

prmaise

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice!
I have a 2 door base, only options are roof rack, auxiliary switches, and door entry code.
Employee family price $31k

Picked up Outer Banks wheels and tires for $700 (brand new) and a few other mods along the way.
If i don't get at least 2 strangers every day telling me what a great truck, then it is a strange day
Rear anti-sway bar (Belltech) is next.

sand bronco.jpg

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am glad you like your rig. Not to my taste but it looks clean and I dig it. That said I paid MSRP for a higher spec and I am not in any way shape or form say that I got "alot" for my money. I feel it was a bit pricey but in line, at the time, with what I was comfortable paying and feel the car was worth to me. If it was more, nope. It if was less, in the few grand window for what I go I would agree with you.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the base base crew :). I don't know something about building this thing to your desire is just cool lol. I managed to take it up to Bronco Knoll in Johnson Valley with no lockers. You know what though? I can upgrade the axels to match the sas package in the future.
Ford Bronco Finally arrived. Seems like a lot for 35k image
Ford Bronco Finally arrived. Seems like a lot for 35k Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 11.57.55 PM
Sponsored