Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. Been waiting on you to post to see if it worked. I’ll definitely be ordering some.
Where you able to install yourself or did you need to take to shop with a wall mount spring compressor?
Let me know how they work for you when you get them installed.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no doubt it solved your issue and you were lucky that the unannounced spring rate of what your bought happened to be exactly what you needed.
But me and other people don't have this luck and don't want to buy 5 different springs to guess work and hope that it matches the need.

We need spring rates or axle weight to be able to properly select the spring.
Looks like they have a few different spring rates available now:

https://www.dobinsonsdirect.com/pages/product-result?rq=mk_ford~md_bronco~yr_2021-2023

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
has anyone tried the donisnon coils on the front shocks?

Luv2Caamp

Badlands
First Name
Channing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found very little info on after market springs for the new Bronco. I have about 200lbs on the back with an Expedition One bumper with tire carrier, a 37" tire and rim, and Hi Lift jack mount and jack. I also have the Sas package with Zone 3" lift that lifts the front 3" and the rear 2" to remove rake. I have a Westin front bumper with winch. The problem was that the rear felt spongey. Even though the rig was level, you could feel the back sway when you turned sharp and the back squatted when you hit the gas. When you put any weight in back it also made the back sit lower. I never tried to tow anything yet but I know what would happen. I searched all over the forums and internet for a solution and found very little. I thought I found a fix and ordered a set of ARB rear heavy springs but had to send them back because they will not fit on the SAS Bilstein struts. Well finally, I found a post that mentioned Dobinson HD springs. I called Dobinson and the tech told me they had tested on the SAS Bilstein's and they worked great so I ordered a set for 150 to 350lbs of added weight. I just put them on and removed the Zone stuff from back suspension. It is greatness. The problem is solved. The rig is riding and driving like stock again. Not too stiff and not squishy. The rear may be an eighth to a quarter inch higher than front but it really looks level. I thought I might need a set on the front but it is fine with stock springs. I am so happy. See the link for the springs. I got them in Black. They come in three colors.

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-ford-bronco-rear-coils-c19-569v/

1.jpg
Can you let me know what you’re referring to by removed the zone stuff? Thx for posting btw- been looking for a cure for major sag when loaded up. Even tried swapping out the coilovers with some others and feels like it made it worse. Have a 2.7L 4dr BL SAS. TIA

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you let me know what you’re referring to by removed the zone stuff? Thx for posting btw- been looking for a cure for major sag when loaded up. Even tried swapping out the coilovers with some others and feels like it made it worse. Have a 2.7L 4dr BL SAS. TIA
I actually had a zone 3" lift put on. It lifted front 3" and the rear 2". The rear lift was actually achieved with a 2" puck on top of the coil over. The new heavy spring gave the rear 2" of lift without the puck, so I removed the Zone puck previously installed from the rear of the Bronco and it still sits level. The back may actually sit a tenth of an inch or so higher than the front whish is perfect. Remember, the Zone lift lifted the front 2". The Bronco comes with about an inch of rake. The front sits about an inch lower than the rear. At least that is the case with Sasquatch package.

Sponsored

Luv2Caamp

Badlands
First Name
Channing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually had a zone 3" lift put on. It lifted front 3" and the rear 2". The rear lift was actually achieved with a 2" puck on top of the coil over. The new heavy spring gave the rear 2" of lift without the puck, so I removed the Zone puck previously installed from the rear of the Bronco and it still sits level. The back may actually sit a tenth of an inch or so higher than the front whish is perfect. Remember, the Zone lift lifted the front 2". The Bronco comes with about an inch of rake. The front sits about an inch lower than the rear. At least that is the case with Sasquatch package.
Thanks for that. I haven’t made any additional lift adjustments from the factory Sasquatch lift (I can still fit mine in the garage-even with a roof rack on it)so it sounds like a simple fix for my situation. I’m excited there seems to be a solution for loading up the horse! Truly appreciate you providing your experience.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that. I haven’t made any additional lift adjustments from the factory Sasquatch lift (I can still fit mine in the garage-even with a roof rack on it)so it sounds like a simple fix for my situation. I’m excited there seems to be a solution for loading up the horse! Truly appreciate you providing your experience.
Yep, just to be clear, if you put springs on rear with standard factory set up. Your back end is going up 3" higher than it sits now with the Dobinson rear heavy springs. That would make the rear end four inches higher than front. The rear already sits 1" higher from factory. You would probably need to put Dobinson's on front to keep it close to level. My rig has Zone lift on front and Dobinson's on rear.
Ford Bronco Finally Found HD Rear Springs That Work Bronco

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's very easy for someone to take their Bronco, put it on a truck scale, and for $13 or so you will know exactly how much weight is on the back axle and how much weight is on the front.

It would be nice if I could use those numbers to then go pick springs :)
What type of establishment has a truck scale that can measure axle weights? Would love to spend $13ish to know my axle weights

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my understanding that most any truck scales that weighs semi's will do it. For example, those weigh stations close to state lines on interstates. I have never actually done it, but that is what I have been told.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What type of establishment has a truck scale that can measure axle weights? Would love to spend $13ish to know my axle weights
CAT scales at most major truck stops (Loves, Flying J etc). There’s a phone app that makes it easy.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking of spring rates. I’ve been looking at the Ford Performance 2” lift coilovers for non-sas Broncos. They only have 2 part numbers, either 2-dr or 4-dr. Nothing different about 4-cyl or V-6 or trim levels. And they are not adjustable.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My full Dobinsons setup (springs and shocks). The shock bodies are adjustable for height. Rides great and restored my ride height and then some.
Ford Bronco Finally Found HD Rear Springs That Work IMG_6814

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My full Dobinsons setup (springs and shocks). The shock bodies are adjustable for height. Rides great and restored my ride height and then some.
Ford Bronco Finally Found HD Rear Springs That Work IMG_6814
Great to hear. I was curious about the ride quality of the shocks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs