jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you need to actually join or open up an account with a credit union to get an auto loan from them? I’m seeing good rates from penfed, but not sure how this works. always leased in the past
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Word from my dealer when i asked about this (not telling what dealer or sales person so as to not hold anyone to a promise they can't keep), was that he "anticipates" that Ford will be doing some very very attractive intro rates, due to the number of new Ford buyers, and the new vehicle release.
Here's to hoping it shakes out that way
Lol okay. That’s like me saying, “The Broncos have a deal in place to trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars so they can draft Trevor Lawrence. I can’t reveal my sources though just in case it doesn’t pan out.”

I could use this on anything in life.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol okay. That’s like me saying, “The Broncos have a deal in place to trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars so they can draft Trevor Lawrence. I can’t reveal my sources though just in case it doesn’t pan out.”

I could use this on anything in life.
See how good of advice this is?! you never have to stick to anything this way. :-D

It's more that if you say the Broncos are gonna make that deal, and say that Sam Jones the locker room towel manager told you, I suspect Sam isn't about to have a good day.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See how good of advice this is?! you never have to stick to anything this way. :-D

It's more that if you say the Broncos are gonna make that deal, and say that Sam Jones the locker room towel manager told you, I suspect Sam isn't about to have a good day.
Lol yeah. I’ll hope you’re right but I still had to laugh at it.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In some cases, Ford will offer their promotional rate. ( say 0% for 60mo)
If you don’t take the rate, you can usually get a different incentive, say 2000 credit. The deals usually can be used across the board, but time will tell if Bronco 2/4-dr will be excluded.
While Ford Credit may exclude the Bronco from 0% financing, credit is a huge money-maker and I can't believe they would be uncompetitive.

But as you said, only time will tell.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you need to actually join or open up an account with a credit union to get an auto loan from them? I’m seeing good rates from penfed, but not sure how this works. always leased in the past
At my credit union, you join up by opening an account with them (minimum just $5), and then you can apply for a loan. But mine's in Ga, and you have to be a Ga resident. In fact the only reason I joined them was to get an auto loan - which right now they're doing 1.98-percent up to 60 months.
Edit: You can prequalify with credit union (or bank, I suppose), then when you close deal on vehicle, you can see if Ford can match/beat your deal, and if not, it's a simple matter to have the credit union or bank release the funds to the dealership and you drive away.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no way of knowing, but my guess is Ford will try and make as much money as possible on the Bronco, the only tempering will be what the market will bear. Would not surprise me if the Bronco was exempt from their best offers. State Farm has temporarily stopped doing auto loans so I'll check before the deal and probably use Ford then, refi if a better deal becomes available.

I asked about this a few months back when I changed my dealer. It appears Ford does a monthly kickback with the financing instead of a lump sum. Used to you had a 90 day window, but now any time you refi the dealer gets less money.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

State Farm has temporarily stopped doing auto loans so I'll check before the deal and probably use Ford then, refi if a better deal becomes available.
Every time I've checked with them, they were no where near being competitive with their APR. ( I can assure you , it isn't my credit rating)
Might be a good thing they are teaming up with whatever bank.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I've checked with them, they were no where near being competitive with their APR. ( I can assure you , it isn't my credit rating)
Might be a good thing they are teaming up with whatever bank.
When I bought my F350 mid-2018, SF was the best deal I could find, advertised rates. Ford would never do a good rate on the superduty and I'm not a member of any credit union currently. I did not let the car dealer shop for the loan; dealers can get lower rates than other routes. Of course, when I bought the wife's explorer, you can't beat 0% for 72 mo. via Ford.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I bought my F350 mid-2018, SF was the best deal I could find, advertised rates. Ford would never do a good rate on the superduty and I'm not a member of any credit union currently. I did not let the car dealer shop for the loan; dealers can get lower rates than other routes. Of course, when I bought the wife's explorer, you can't beat 0% for 72 mo. via Ford.
Dealers have alway done well by me as far as getting a competitive APR.
Maybe because I always ask them about it. BUt I have seen others get abused.
Young Marines (service men of all branches really) get taken advantage of all the time by dealers (fuckin' scum of the earth).
Nissan Altimas for5/6 years at 21%.....Yup, saw the paper work with my own eyes. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went with Ford Finance and got 0%, 4yrs with our Bronco Sport, they offers .09% for
60Mo
Yeah, and the Sport is selling like crazy. I figure there’s a good chance that there’ll be good rates for the Bronco.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, and the Sport is selling like crazy. I figure there’s a good chance that there’ll be good rates for the Bronco.
Who knows, hopefully, the wife’s friend bought an expedition and got the same rate.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
which credit company's do they use. I know I have checked my rate on 3 different ones and Experian is about 100 lower then the other two company's.
You should use your annual free credit report to pull your report from Experian. The difference wouldn't be that great under normal conditions. It sounds like you have something adverse being reporting specifically to Experian. You'll want to find out what it is and get it addressed.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action is your friend here

Power tip: Don't get your report from all three bureaus at the same time unless you absolutely need to in order to clear up known issues. If you spread your requests out during the year, you can get a report every 4 months. All free, as per federal law (explained at the link above).

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should use your annual free credit report to pull your report from Experian. The difference wouldn't be that great under normal conditions. It sounds like you have something adverse being reporting specifically to Experian. You'll want to find out what it is and get it addressed.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action is your friend here

Power tip: Don't get your report from all three bureaus at the same time unless you absolutely need to in order to clear up known issues. If you spread your requests out during the year, you can get a report every 4 months. All free, as per federal law (explained at the link above).
still do not know why it is some much lower (100) points then the other two. Have been working on improving all ratings. But by time I go to finance should be a lot better.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My credit union is STILL offering 1.98-percent financing up to 60 months.
Sponsored