Interest Rate Increase

Broncoguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw interest rates might go up in March this year. Does anyone know what this will do to the price of new/used cars? Should I buy something now or wait to see if the new/used car prices will go down? I am looking at some preowned Broncos but I’m wondering if I should wait and build one.
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw interest rates might go up in March this year. Does anyone know what this will do to the price of new/used cars? Should I buy something now or wait to see if the new/used car prices will go down? I am looking at some preowned Broncos but I’m wondering if I should wait and build one.
I doubt interest rates will go up enough to justify the $10k markup you might spend trying to get one now, off the lot or used. I’d place an order

edit: that said, my vroom and carvana offers have dropped 10-15% on my used car over the last couple months. Perhaps market is cooling, or they’re just making adjustments since wallstreet doesn’t seem to value their growth at all costs model quite as much 🤷

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will be very interesting to watch for those of us playing the Bronco game.

I hope everyone who said they will use the delay to save and lower the amount they need to finance actually saved up.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interest rates will not climb that dramatically, that fast. We may see a couple increases in the next year, but we're talking the possibility of a 0.25-0.75% increase on an Auto Loan. Not going to ruin anyone's plans. 5 years from now may be a different story.

-Anonymous VP at anonymous Financial Institution here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
in theory YES!

so you may not be able to get 1.99% on 60 months. It may go up to 2.29 on 60 months.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If rates go up, it could potentially lead to higher monthly payments on loans for new/used cars. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on the market and see how things play out.
You replied to an old thread from early 2022, when rates were still at historical lows. Since this thread started, interest rates have gone up dramatically.

One of the comments in this thread did not age well...
Auto loan rates since the original comment:
Ford Bronco Interest Rate Increase 1706408620834
Sponsored