Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How will they treat you when you pull out your calculator to run the numbers yourself on the spot? Is that a bad move?
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I am getting a Bronco and I ended up here because a customer was getting the run around at another dealership and called our store and i answered. We got to talking and he told me about this site. I joined to jump on the Bronco Bandwagon and of course when I saw all the questions I saw a spot I could help out with and i jumped in. I've actually gotten some angry emails over it too..... but oh well!! I'd rather be honest and help people. I like sleeping well at night knowing I do the right thing. Some dealerships are just gonna hate no matter what.
Angry emails? Geez. I'm glad you're helping folks out. It would suck to see a bunch of excited enthusiasts get fleeced at the dealership because they're taking any deal in order to drive off in their new bronco.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@NayNay Thanks for all the info here! I have a score somewhere in the 700s, an income well in 6 digits, and I'm shooting for a 50%+ down payment... but my DTI is probably horrible because of hundreds of thousands in student loans I'm working on. Will I be one of those freak cases to get rejected? Bad terms wont scare me much, I'd just pay it off within a year, but I'm a bit worried I won't get approved to begin with?

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve calculated all my theoretical payments at 5% so anything under that would be a win for me. I’m working on making sure everything is in line before I buy this car and making no large purchases or opening new credit prior to. With that said I’ll see what the rates are and if I can get lower through a bank, I will.
I opened a new credit card because I never had a credit card and having availability of multiple forms of credit loans results in a higher credit score. Immediate 20 point boost from 750 to 770. YMMV, a new credit card probably isn't a great move if you already have one. Also, I ordered it back in July so it wouldn't count as "recent" by the time I order my Bronco. There are exceptions... Probably not many people like me make it to 36 years old never having financed a car.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That depends on an individual situation. Everyone is different. If an individual wants an 84 month loan and plans to keep a vehicle long term there's nothing wrong with it. Especially if the rate is decent.
Oui. This is why auto loans are the new housing bubble.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it can. There's a couple things the bank looks at. Let's call it a good balance.... your DTI is debt to income, what you have coming in vs what you pay out. There's also a LTV, the loan to value. When you put money down it helps to balance these things and does get you a better rate. Also avoid rolling negative equity from a trade to your new vehicle too. If you want a more in depth explanation let me know.
Thanks, I do know about DTI and LTV but I guess I never thought about LTV for buying a new car. But it does make sense, I refinanced my Challenger and put 3K down and they lowered the rate from 4.9 to 3.9.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
72 month loans are brutal, 84 even worse!
if interest rate is low then it’s not that brutal. A 45k loan @ 3% over 72 months is only an extra $1200 or so in interest over the term vs. a 48 month loan. Make some extra payments here and there and that will be reduced. I’ve never done an 84 month loan.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife and I just went through the process of purchasing a Subaru Forester. With a credit score in the high 700s, the finance person at our dealership told us 0% was there for us. It was a surprisingly easy and fast transaction. By the way, Subaru financing is with Chase.

On the other hand pre Subaru purchase, I've dealt with BMW financing on three MINI purchases. The rates were competitive with my credit union but for some reason the sitting down and working numbers were so stressful.

For my Bronco - I've built a gameplan to follow to be where I want to be when it comes time to put pen to paper.

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford will likely not have incentivized rates so I would look into a credit union a couple weeks prior to taking delivery.

When I got my F-150 last year they had crazy offers on rates through Ford but it wound up being more beneficial to use the cash rebates and bring in my own credit union financing. Since they would not do like a 1.9% and let you have the $3000. rebate also, for example. But then again, the F150 is the best feeling vehicle in the world and I do not think there will be those type of offers on a commodity like the Bronco.

MikeBravo

Badlands
First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer to have financing in place beforehand, but the last car I financed (in 2014), I got 0% through the dealer so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the vehicle make and model may play a role in the financing rate. Other first-year vehicle models typically haven't been offered at the best rate or lease terms. If you think about it, Jeep, knowing its popularity, will offer 0% or great lease options, but rarely do they ever include the wrangler, or all wrangler trims, even with one of the best resale values in the industry. Maybe Ford will do something different, but with what could be considered an overwhelming response to the release of the Bronco, they may not find a need to offer Finance incentive through Ford financing and the traditional banks will not have enough info on the resale value to roll the dice on a smoking rate. All that said, would still agree that Credit Unions and sometimes your insurance company (like State Farm) offer the best rates and may be more flexible with credit. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@NayNay Thanks for all the info here! I have a score somewhere in the 700s, an income well in 6 digits, and I'm shooting for a 50%+ down payment... but my DTI is probably horrible because of hundreds of thousands in student loans I'm working on. Will I be one of those freak cases to get rejected? Bad terms wont scare me much, I'd just pay it off within a year, but I'm a bit worried I won't get approved to begin with?
I’m sure NayNay will chime in here but to kind of answer your question... Student loans are sometimes looked at in a different category than credit cards, auto loans, and Mortgages. They group student loans differently now when calculating DtI since most people now have huge student loans and it was something you took on to further your education and career. At least that’s how the CU I worked for did it, they placed it in a different category. But for the love if God please everyone look at your financial situations and see if you can actually afford this Bronco. It’s sad to see family and friends get stuff taken away from them since they lived above their means.(not saying you are one of those just saying it to everyone in general)

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, here is a problem. There's no need to go over credit scores. I have personally had Ford give top tier rates to customers who had scores in the 500s. It is more to do with structure being in line. Now, an 800 score helps to bend things to a better curve, but I've also had Ford turn down 800 scores due to debt to income not being in line.
I want to sincerely thank you for your input here on B6G. It is good for a lot of people to understand financial terms and rates from your side of things since this is what you do every day. There are a lot of people on here that don’t know too much about Debt to Income, credit scores, and terms of the loan vs rebates and it helps to have you explain it so that everyone can know what to expect. Knowledge is power and like I said in my other posts every single one of us needs to become financially literate to build a strong foundation for our future and if that means waiting a year or two for the bronco because you currently have to much debt than so be it. Your future self will thank you for not taking on more than you can handle.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sure NayNay will chime in here but to kind of answer your question... Student loans are sometimes looked at in a different category than credit cards, auto loans, and Mortgages. They group student loans differently now when calculating DtI since most people now have huge student loans and it was something you took on to further your education and career. At least that’s how the CU I worked for did it, they placed it in a different category. But for the love if God please everyone look at your financial situations and see if you can actually afford this Bronco. It’s sad to see family and friends get stuff taken away from them since they lived above their means.(not saying you are one of those just saying it to everyone in general)
I can definitely afford it but being in the field I'm in starting out with stupid amounts of debt is the norm. Worst case I would wait until mid 2022 and just pay the whole thing in cash. I'm definitely making a conscious choice going slow on my student loans. I get quoted Dave Ramsey on a daily basis by my colleagues because of it, but the idea of retiring at 55 before you start to actually enjoy life doesn't work for me. I will definitely have to check out credit unions, I have never worked with them before but keep hearing great things.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can definitely afford it but being in the field I'm in starting out with stupid amounts of debt is the norm. Worst case I would wait until mid 2022 and just pay the whole thing in cash. I'm definitely making a conscious choice going slow on my student loans. I get quoted Dave Ramsey on a daily basis by my colleagues because of it, but the idea of retiring at 55 before you start to actually enjoy life doesn't work for me. I will definitely have to check out credit unions, I have never worked with them before but keep hearing great things.
Yea some local Credit Unions you don’t need to do anything special to join other than live in that state/county/city or whatever. Some you do need to be an employee of certain fields like locally we have a teachers credit union where only teachers and family can join. But now days a majority can be joined by anyone who lives in that community. They are Member ran so it usually translates to the members(customers) getting lower rates and not getting screwed over with terms since they don’t have investors to answer to. Credit Unions tend to care more about you as a person where banks just want your money.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel lucky that the dealership I’m going with finances through a local credit union. I didn’t know until I got my F150 from them a few years ago. The credit union is great to work with. Even let me skip the first payment on my F150 as their email to set up my account hit my spam filter and I didn’t see it. Called the. And had zero repercussions.

Going into the Bronco, I’m putting at least 20% down so I feel much better about being able to have more options.
Sponsored