Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - Badlands - Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was feeling burned out after Christmas, so packed up the Bronco and drove to the Eastern Sierras to Alabama Hills. If you've seen any truck commercial (or the movie Tremors!) in the last 2 years, you will recognize the area :D! Found what I believe to be the best designated dispersed camp site in the area, and spent two nights just relaxing and unwinding. Love that my Bronco can take me to the spots away from all the Teslas and Priuses. Video above; hope you enjoy it!

In search of camp...
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-broncodi

Found it!
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-campv2

The dogs approve
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1_dogsandbronco

Setting up the DeepSleep
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-deepslee

View from bed in the morning...
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-sleepview

Broncos looks good in the morning light...
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-sunrise

Our dogs absolultely love going on adventures in the Bronco!
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 1-dogs
Sponsored

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very cool! We camped there back in May and really enjoyed it. Drove around for at least an hour to find a site, and everything looked full. Finally stumbled across a great space behind some large boulders.

How was sleeping in the Bronco? Is there enough room for someone over 6' tall?

OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool! We camped there back in May and really enjoyed it. Drove around for at least an hour to find a site, and everything looked full. Finally stumbled across a great space behind some large boulders.

I really like sleeping in the Bronco. It's great for cold and/or windy weather (as opposed to tent camping).

The DeepSleep is inflatable memory foam, and is really comfortable. I am 6' 3'', and while there's not tons of extra head/foot room, I do fit in it fine (even with my wife and two dogs in there too).

I'll be doing a product review on the DeepSleep probably sometime next week (btw I'm not affliliated with them).

Thanks for watching!

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beautiful area of the country. This makes me want to go back again

thanks for sharing with us :)

Sponsored

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m 6’2 and have camped in the back of my four door. I slid the seats up as far as I could. Slightly bend your knees and I was fine. Just keep your feet off the rear hatch or the get cold😁

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool spot! Alabama hills used to be a fav for me but they have all but removed camping from the good areas due to over crowding and people leaving trash. Winter is the best time to go as you can tell. Californians don’t like cold weather camping ;) I highly recommend to go across the valley to the east next time to a place where Prius’s truely cannot go! (They can make it just about anywhere in Alabama Hills).

Mazourka Peak has incredible views over the valley and sheltered camping in the tree line looking out down toward Alabama Hills. There is also Reward Mine nearby and Coyote Flats. A few places not yet overcrowded with arguably better views.

973A8A1C-719D-4670-A2B8-354D4986834B.jpeg

46271ABE-94AF-4D45-933B-4E3E484FA4CF.jpeg

4E380402-B81C-49E4-BA08-15C67599BD7A.jpeg

OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mazourka Peak has incredible views over the valley and sheltered camping in the tree line looking out down toward Alabama Hills. There is also Reward Mine nearby and Coyote Flats. A few places not yet overcrowded with arguably better views.
Mazourka Peak / Pappose Flat has been on my list for quite a while. Will get up there in the spring this year probably. Made it up to Coyote Flats in June ‘22. So glad I went then, because I believe it’s been closed for over a year after last winter. Incredible place.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mazourka Peak / Pappose Flat has been on my list for quite a while. Will get up there in the spring this year probably. Made it up to Coyote Flats in June ‘22. So glad I went then, because I believe it’s been closed for over a year after last winter. Incredible place.
I’m planning on heading up this spring or fall too! Taking the Bronco gang this time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning on heading up this spring or fall too! Taking the Bronco gang this time.
Sweet! Hit me up if you want to add another Bronco to the herd.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was feeling burned out after Christmas, so packed up the Bronco and drove to the Eastern Sierras to Alabama Hills. If you've seen any truck commercial (or the movie Tremors!) in the last 2 years, you will recognize the area :D! Found what I believe to be the best designated dispersed camp site in the area, and spent two nights just relaxing and unwinding. Love that my Bronco can take me to the spots away from all the Teslas and Priuses. Video above; hope you enjoy it!

In search of camp...
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 4E380402-B81C-49E4-BA08-15C67599BD7A

Found it!
Ford Bronco Finding an EPIC campsite and sleeping in the back of the Bronco - Alabama Hills [pics and video] 4E380402-B81C-49E4-BA08-15C67599BD7A

The dogs approve

Setting up the DeepSleep

View from bed in the morning...

Broncos looks good in the morning light...

Our dogs absolultely love going on adventures in the Bronco!
Looks like a great getaway, thanks for sharing. Any info on the gear setup on your tailgate, behind the spare?

OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great getaway, thanks for sharing. Any info on the gear setup on your tailgate, behind the spare?
That's a rucRak! They have some cool features and are very versatile. I've had it over a year and a half and love it.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a rucRak! They have some cool features and are very versatile. I've had it over a year and a half and love it.
Ah yes, I recall looking at that back when it came out. I see they sell the Bronco specific model, do you know how that differs from the universal rack? Did you find you needed any of their add on accessories?

OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah yes, I recall looking at that back when it came out. I see they sell the Bronco specific model, do you know how that differs from the universal rack? Did you find you needed any of their add on accessories?
Regarding Bronco vs. universal, I can't comment on the specific differences, other than it is built specifically to fit the Bronco; I would just go with that. The only accessories I bought were the tool holders, which is perfect for mounting a shovel, and the hitch stabilizer.
Sponsored