Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had my oil changed by a dealer at around 3000 miles. I believe they used Motorcraft Synthetic Blend. It looked and smelled terrible when it came out at 10K miles. I jacked up the driver side and let the oil drain for a long time. I got a full 7qt out and put 7 qt back in. 7qt club!

I replaced the oil plug with a Femco Oil drain system so that next time I don't have to remove the skid plate. I also used Castrol Edge 5w30. I used this oil for years in my autocross/track cars and was super pleased so I figure I'd continue in the Bronco.

I'm noticing cooler oil temperatures by a significant amount (~5 degrees) on the same drives so that's interesting.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have a link to this oil drain system? I'm intrigued.

Granted probably won't work for me with the 2.3L. If it's like the 2.3L on the Ranger, then the oil filter is sitting on the side of the engine and the best way to get it at it is through the inner wheel fender. But wouldn't mind taking a look anyway.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3000 miles is the first oil change? My ford pass app say 10,000 which is crazy high in my mind. If it was a newer diesel motor I could get behind it but a gas engine shouldn’t go over 5,000 without a change.​

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3000 miles is the first oil change? My ford pass app say 10,000 which is crazy high in my mind. If it was a newer diesel motor I could get behind it but a gas engine shouldn’t go over 5,000 without a change.​
i can’t tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me. The interval is 7500 but I also prefer 5000.
Sponsored