Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't want a 5 tire rotation. Because that spare tire will have more tread than the other 4 that have been wearing evening throughout 5k miles. Once you put that spare on they in theory it won't be making as much rotations as your other 3 tires.
A five tire rotation is actually recommended in the owner’s manual.

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster 7444ADB6-3639-497E-A24F-87204FEA36F8

As for the seat try a steam vac or a shampoo vac. Either way be a man and do your own oil changes and do as you want with your tires.
OP is female, so she may not want to “be a man.” 😉

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't want a 5 tire rotation. Because that spare tire will have more tread than the other 4 that have been wearing evening throughout 5k miles. Once you put that spare on they in theory it won't be making as much rotations as your other 3 tires. As for the seat try a steam vac or a shampoo vac. Either way be a man and do your own oil changes and do as you want with your tires.

Unless you have some really soft rubber tires that only last about 25K, this is absolutely not an issue.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d only add my spare into the rotation if I was planning to replace the tires without another brand or size when they wear out.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t worry about the spare rotting out or anything?! That was my concern and when I first bought the Bronco people were saying to not cover the tires and to have them rotated to avoid them rotting out. Am I wrong?
Had spares on back outside for many years. Only got dusty. If you daily drive. You would get 25 percent more miles out of your tires if you rotated all five. I don’t do it but believe it’s a good idea. I don’t drive many miles so I believe they will need replacing before I wear them out.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an OEM spare from 1986, looks mint, but not sure I would use it. I will say just be glad you got a spare unlike some other vehicles and I am not talking the plastic ones with run flats.
I would very much advise against using it. My husband and I once tried to use a spare that was "only" about 17 years old and it didn't even make it a mile.
There it is. That was in February, 2014, when our 1997 Contour got a flat, so we took out and mounted the factory spare. This was less than a mile later.

The tire looked and felt fine before we mounted it, but as the picture shows, once it was put to use, it turned out to be anything but fine.

Original Facebook post from the time this occurred. We must have moved the car between the cell phone picture in the main post, and the much better DSLR picture that I copied to here.

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster 1643955630290

Last edited:

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

omg
and they gave it back to you like that?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A five tire rotation is actually recommended in the owner’s manual.

7444ADB6-3639-497E-A24F-87204FEA36F8.jpeg

OP is female, so she may not want to “be a man.” 😉
The spare tire should always be replaced if it exceeds 6 years of age, regardless of whether it is part of the tire rotation.

This bit from the manual seems apropos, with regard to my previous post showing what happened when @Seanette and I tried to use a spare tire that was about seventeen or eighteen years old.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My problem is I'm just not a good collector. I like to use the things I pay for. I figure if I have 5 new tires, I'm going to use 5 new tires. Now, once it's time to buy another set, at that point I can decide if I'm going to pick the best of the 5 used tires to become my spare, or just buy another 5 and keep on keeping on. What I'm not going to do though is watch a brand new tire dry rot and finally have to be replaced and never even got any use out of it.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, you sound like a PITA customer. Where's this "Disaster" I'm supposed to be reading about? Sure you could request to have the 5th tire rotated but I'd say that only a small amount of customers actually ask for that. The oil on the seat is a hassle but complain and push for them to clean it or replace the seat if not possible. All in all, not THAT big a deal to whine about it on a forum.
Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I work in oil and gas. Spray the area first with Resolve or Shout and let it soak for a few minutes. Then grab some HOT HOT HOT soapy water (boil if need be first), scrub brush, water extractor (steam cleaner) - or just wipe with a towel and let air dry if it's warm enough. I've cleaned all my Ford F-150 work trucks like this and it gets the stains out every time....mind you my cloth seats were a dark blue, so YMMV on the lighter color. But it won't hurt to try.

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
omg
and they gave it back to you like that?
Exactly, why I raised holy hell! I wanted them to see their technicians lack of quality control. I’m pretty sure the tech knew he did it and never said anything. But, after I escalated it, the owner of the deal reached out to me requesting to fix the problem. Gave me a rental for the three days it took them to correct their mistakes. Seats have been cleaned and they detailed the vehicle inside and out. I just told the owner, they need to do better.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brake cleaner in a can will get it out. Same chemical as dry cleaners use.
Sponsored