Sponsored

Coggin Ford dealership oil change disaster

What is your worst Ford dealership debacle?

• Total voters

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last week February 13th I took my 4 door Black Diamond to local dealer for routine oil change and tire rotation. Work was done on time and I drove truck back home. Checked oil level and it was perfect. Little I knew how much damage can one moron technician can achieve... Few days later I lost engine bash plate on highway and got flat tire in the process. At the moment I thought my truck was disintegrating in a hurry, but at least I did not loose control of the vehicle and was able to turn off on next exit. Of course, every couch mechanic on this board will blame me for 1. Not doing oil change myself (honestly, I love doing it, but this time I couldn't due to circumstances) and 2. Not completely inspecting vehicle after visit to dealer (Again, I just couldn't do it!).
After incident I got a new tire and called dealership. Service advisor did not return phone call and after I left message to service department manager, nobody bothered calling me back. I will drop my truck tomorrow and will update you what solution will be provided in person.
Next will be general manager of Coggin Ford and Ford Motor Company. In the mean time, moral of this story is simple: inspect your vehicle after each visit to dealer.
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand circumstances dictating not being able to do your own oil. Also most of the lube technicians are usually guys with very little experience. They usually have a basic understanding of automotive equipment but they usually don't make enough to be as thorough as a seasoned line tech. You are right always check your vehicle after service but you really shouldn't have to. Oil change guys should be the ones who are more on the ball than anyone else in the dealership, considering that the oil change is the most requested service

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Knock on wood I've been lucky with my service department. Worst experience I had was I had a vehicle that had directional tires. I told them everytime when it went for a rotation, these are directional tires. Twice I had to go back and have them redo it.

joes bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 2017 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One item missing from the list, loose oil filter. I caught that before it really made a mess. My niece on the other hand wasn't so lucky, 3mi. from the dealership oil and smoke coming out from under the hood. luckily motor wasn't hurt but what a mess.

Have to add one more to the list, over tightened oil filter. Again If your lucky with a lot of mussel it comes loose. If your luck runs out again as it did for my brother. you get the biggest screwdriver you can find and drive it threw the filter hope and pray you get it loose. thankfully it worked. That said, I do my own Maintenace.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week February 13th... ...Company. In the mean time, moral of this story is simple: inspect your vehicle after each visit to dealer.
No, the moral of the story is to just DIY! 😉

After many dealerships and garages being useless twats that f--k s--t up, I quit taking my cars in and just started doing it myself. If you want it done right, DIY...

Sponsored
OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope for a quick solution with dealership or @FordMotorCompany. The idea of being killed by negligent moron at dealership doesn't feel right to me.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

. Of course, every couch mechanic on this board will blame me for 1. Not doing oil change myself (honestly, I love doing it, but this time I couldn't due to circumstances) and 2. Not completely inspecting vehicle after visit to dealer (Again, I just couldn't do it!).
The most reasonable thing most people would do would be at least check that it had proper level of oil in it (which you did). Anything after that is just Monday Morning Mechanicing.

F-ck those guys.

Good luck and let us know what the dealer says.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately I have the ability to conduct the majority of maintenance and service myself. To date the only issue with a recall was when I took it in for the windshield seal and they must have hit the hero switch for the rear locker. I drove about five miles before I realized the locker was engaged.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear, that really sucks! I'm guessing the bash plate is toast?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Previous oil change filter was left loose. This last one they left a clip on floor from removing lower panel under steering to person recall update. Left steering wheel tilt all the was loose. Suppose I should check the oil level and filter. Luckily points are all used up.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the moral of the story is to just DIY! 😉

After many dealerships and garages being useless twats that f--k s--t up, I quit taking my cars in and just started doing it myself. If you want it done right, DIY...
Like the OP said that's not always possible. Some people don't have a place they can do it themselves or the have physical limitations for example.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is times like this I am glad the service director at my dealership is my Father. I have all of his phone numbers and can even kick in their front door if he dodges my calls.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like the OP said that's not always possible. Some people don't have a place they can do it themselves or the have physical limitations for example.
I know! For those of you who can't, I feel for ya! I would suggest trying to find an independent shop/garage that is known for being honest and has good reviews...