Sponsored

Coggin Ford dealership oil change disaster

What is your worst Ford dealership debacle?

• Total voters

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only read the first and last page of this thread, and the scary takeaway for me is that 50% of the folks that voted paid for service work NOT done. That's crazy!
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man, i'm so glad my service department at my local place is so good. They do such a good job

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only read the first and last page of this thread, and the scary takeaway for me is that 50% of the folks that voted paid for service work NOT done. That's crazy!
That represents 50% of people who reported problems, not 50% of people who have had dealer service. There is no voting option for "None of the above" or, more importantly, "I've never had a problem."

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That represents 50% of people who reported problems, not 50% of people who have had dealer service. There is no voting option for "None of the above" or, more importantly, "I've never had a problem."
well that is why I didnā€™t vote. There wasnā€™t an option for ā€œnever had an issue with dealer serviceā€.

I read the last option on the poll to be: ā€œI paid for an oil change/radiator flush/brake job, and they didnā€™t do the workā€. Not ā€œI have never had a problem with dealer serviceā€.

OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
well that is why I didnā€™t vote. There wasnā€™t an option for ā€œnever had an issue with dealer serviceā€.

I read the last option on the poll to be: ā€œI paid for an oil change/radiator flush/brake job, and they didnā€™t do the workā€. Not ā€œI have never had a problem with dealer serviceā€.
I completely agree that "Had no problem" is a legitimate choice.
The issue here is, I had multiple service related problems with Jeeps, Hondas and now Ford. Fortunately for me, only Ford dealership was negligent enough to try to kill me or other unsuspecting motorists.
At this time I would like to mention that Ford Customer service was actually above and beyond. I have opened case, there is an assigned associate who is checking on the progress and I feel that my story attracted attention. So, next time when I am having a problem, I will definitely include a "No problem" choice!

Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope for a quick solution with dealership or @FordMotorCompany. The idea of being killed by negligent moron at dealership doesn't feel right to me.
Don't hold your breath, my Bronco has been at Ford for nearly 4 months because of a powertrain malfunction and brake failure, Ford doesn't care as I am slowly learning.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically, I was billed for service not performed, but didn't pay for it.

I had to take my Focus EV in for a leaking (battery) coolant resivor shortly after I purchased it. The Service Writer asked if I wanted the oil changed while it was in for repair, I jokingly said sure if it needs an oil change go ahead.

The next day I went to pick it up, had to see the cashier first. She presented me a bill for the oil change. I asked if the work had been finished and she replied, its ready to go. I asked to speak to the Service Manager, he arrived and wanted to argue about my claim that the oil had not been changed. I asked him to show me my vehicle and we walked outside, I opened the door, popped the hood and asked him to show me where they put the oil...

He said - OH we'll take that off the receipt.

It's a full EV :rolleyes:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where do I even begin? I have had so many bad experiences over the years. As a female, when I was a teenager I decided I was going to learn how to perform my own vehicle maintenance so that on the occasions that I don't/can't, etc... they can't pull one over on me. I swear this has given me bad luck, LOL. I always find the bad techs.

* I've had a tool left in my engine bay that put a hole through my radiator & overheated my car. Audio shop - almost had to take them to small claims court.

* Oil filter cap left unscrewed on my newly built engine 500 mile break in oil change. Lost a bunch of oil before realizing it & pulled over on the highway. I had just rebuilt the engine myself (performance upgrades), was slammed at work, exhausted, and just didn't want to work on it again already so thought this shop could handle a basic oil change. Fortunately the owner new me & about the rebuild, etc and *seemed* super supportive. He brought me oil to top it off. Was only 1-2 quarts low and never became a problem. His techs were chatting and distracted.

* Wheel almost came off on the side of the highway, lug nuts on one all hanging on by 1-2 threads. Felt a wobble & pulled over. Almost lost it going 65+

* With my Bronco I have been servicing at the dealer for the initial paper trail. FIRST oil change at 2k miles and the tech spilled oil everywhere. They informed me, said the tech was cleaning up a bit of a spill. Ok whatever, it happens, I spill a little oil sometimes. I got home - my brand new 50k vehicle as oil residue EVERYWHERE. Crying down the fenders and bumper, grill, and every nook & cranny in the engine bay. I was livid. The only redeeming factor is the dealer is otherwise great, service manager is super nice and was sooo apologetic. They shampooed EVERYTHING (exterior, interior, under carriage & engine bay, with all trays/covers removed so they could get everywhere).

Lots of other smaller things here & there but those were the most notable.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had this experience with a Jeep. Watching a 33" BFG bounce down the highway without you is certainly an unforgettable experience.

But I was the tech that didn't tighten the lugs. šŸ˜…

In my defense, I had just barely missed a concussion from a high lift jack trying to lower the Jeep to tighten the lugs the rest of the way... knot on the side of my head stuck out further than my ear.
Oh nooo. I did similar. I was installing an engine, we had the engine on the hoist still, with the engine in place, in the engine bay. I was sitting on the legs of the hoist, while accessing the front of the engine... Stood up to move over to the side, and slammed the top of my head into the hoist arm. Saw stars. Felt sick for a week.

OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My problem was solved last week. Engine bash plate was ordered and reinstalled, alignment and tire balance was done and tire replacement was reimbursed. I had a real nice loaner for 2 days. Overall, I am completely satisfied with result and would like to say thank you to my Ford representative, Tiara! She was instrumental in this process.
From now on I will be checking every part that was touched in service.
Thank you everyone who chimed in!
Have a safe service next time!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had this experience with a Jeep. Watching a 33" BFG bounce down the highway without you is certainly an unforgettable experience.

But I was the tech that didn't tighten the lugs. šŸ˜…

In my defense, I had just barely missed a concussion from a high lift jack trying to lower the Jeep to tighten the lugs the rest of the way... knot on the side of my head stuck out further than my ear.
This illustrates a point. We all make mistakes. I do all my own work except warrantee and recall. I have made errors. But a couple things: I have saved thousands of dollars over time so I can afford a redo once in a while and I am far more in tune with what's going on with my vehicle so I can spot errors or issues before they become a real problem (never been passed by my own wheel however). Also, each new job is a learning experience, good for the aging mind, and helps you later when you might have to do a trail fix.
Sponsored