Sponsored

Coggin Ford dealership oil change disaster

What is your worst Ford dealership debacle?

• Total voters

2022BRONCOH

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a freaking idiot these dealers are they hire anything off of the street to do oil changes they probably do not drug test these POS who work on your 50,000 dollar car since the dealer are usually the idiots that damage customers cars and blame it on the customer. They are rip off artists and play the it was the manufacturers mistake that the skid plate was designed improperly and fell off. Also one should not have to inspect shit you are already paying these POS to do the work
Sponsored

2022BRONCOH

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, the moral of the story is to just DIY! 😉

After many dealerships and garages being useless twats that f--k s--t up, I quit taking my cars in and just started doing it myself. If you want it done right, DIY...
They are not useless twats I never meet a pussy who was that useless they are just a bunch of dicklesses

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had this experience with a Jeep. Watching a 33" BFG bounce down the highway without you is certainly an unforgettable experience.

But I was the tech that didn't tighten the lugs. 😅

In my defense, I had just barely missed a concussion from a high lift jack trying to lower the Jeep to tighten the lugs the rest of the way... knot on the side of my head stuck out further than my ear.
Many years ago, a guy from a Land Rover forum I was on, had a bad accident with a high lift jack. The handle flew up and took out his eye. :( I stand clear when people are using those. And also out of whiplash zone during off-road winching, not knowing the condition of someone else's line or attachment strength.

Also I once had a spare tire break loose from the back of my CJ-5 while driving. Landed in a lake in Colorado - couldn't find it. That was partly on me, a bolt broke on a homemade spare carrier.

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, use to always find a new tool or rag after having any work done.

Unfortunely, you are correct with techs up to their eyes in work hopping from car to car & getting fatigued.
Being busy is not an excuse for poor work.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here I thought I'd take the Bronco to my local to do my five-tire rotation. I'll be doing it myself this weekend instead.

Under factory warranty, I take everything to the factory dealer except tire rotations. I mainly want to finish my recalls, but they never seem to have the parts, even though I scheduled them. Annoying.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing dumber is going to a dealer for oil change. The boss's nephew on Crack is doing oil changes.
Either learn how to do this simple shit by yourself or find a mom an pop shop to do it.
I won't trust those oil change guys to do shit I know how to do myself.
Sorry but that's the way it is.
Paul in AZ
PS. bring your oil and filter and a bit of bourbon..and I'll do it for you.
bourbon after, not before

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with sites like these is a single issue can be blown up to appear to be rampant, even if only a few people experience it. The first year of any new vehicle is going to be more problematic. But I really think Bronco reliability is solid. We’ve had zero issues with ours over 15 months. That’s anecdotal, of course. Consider that Ranger and Bronco share a few things in common.

That said, I would only switch if the Bronco would fill a need that the Ranger cannot, because it’s expensive to buy and sell vehicles and current interest rates are probably higher than when you got your loan.
I Agee totally, the only people that want to share ownership experiences are the one with problems. Many of those problems can be traced back to the truck being worked on by less-than-stellar “technicians”. See it regularly in the dealership I work for. Many concerns are caused by adding accessories, lighting, lifts, wheels and tires. When those modifications cause problems, most owners don’t know the difference between what Ford built and what the modifiers hacked. Then they go to a forum and tell the world how bad quality is on their Bronco. Go figure.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, welcome to B6G. Keep in mind when reading through this forum that you are more likely to encounter posts writing about an issue they are having. What you aren't reading are the owners that have no problems.

1. With regard to service, owners can enter/log their maintenance in the Ford Pass app.
2. Pricing is what it is.
3. The base LC starts at $55,600 MSRP in a choice of colors - White, Black or Gray. Want an actual color, well you have to step up to the next trim. But of course, that brings you back to your second point. For $55,600, you get a lot more in the Bronco than you will in the base LC.
Larry, I only have 500 miles on my '24 BB and haven't driven it up the side of mountains with 50 degree inclines like a lot of guys on here have, but the first time I got home from the dealership (when he still had the highway tread Bridgestone factory tires) I had to test the 4WD on ground that I sank in just standing there (I weigh 180). The Bronco made it look easy. It was observing what Bro
Hi, I’m here from Ranger 5G, actually because I considered trading my 2019 Ranger Lariat (41k) with no issues for a Bronco even though I have a 10yr 100,000 mile extended warranty purchased with truck. I have 3 comments 1.) I think dealerships and institutions like Car Facts do everything to discourage you from doing maintenance-want to devalue because no “service record.“ 2. The pricing on Bronco’s is crazy, and finally there seems to be item after item of problems on the Bronco 6G site when compared to Ranger? Love Ford always have, but making me think I need to look at new base Land Cruiser or 4 Runner??
Larry, I only have 500 miles on my '24 BB and haven't driven it up the side of mountains with 50 degree inclines like a lot of guys on here have, but the first time I got home from the dealership (when he still had the highway tread Bridgestone factory tires) I had to test the 4WD on ground that I sank in just standing there (I weigh 180). The Bronco made it look easy. It was observing what Bronco owners on here were saying about their rigs for a couple of years that convinced me to get one. I love mine. So definitely don't let a few posts shy you away from the Broncos. I don't know about your local dealership, but I got a 7yr/75,000 mile warranty on my rig when I picked him up and so far it's been a more enjoyable machine to drive than the only other one I bought new, an '05 Mustang GT, 5-speed manual. For what you pay, you're getting a lot more truck with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's surprising how many people do not understand the difference between car dealers and car manufacturers. Do they think the same about groceries, TVs, etc?

I think you’re confusing people thinking Ford might want to give a sh!t with people thinking Ford has an obligation to give a sh!t.

It is possible Ford might want to get involved if they thought it could tarnish their name and hurt future sales. e.g. a dealer outright committing fraud. Obviously Ford has no liability in this. But they’d probably want to step in and sort it out before it became a PR hassle for them.

Will Ford help this guy? F if I know. But like daddy used always say…”if it ain’t worth askin’ for, then it ain’t worth having”

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last week February 13th I took my 4 door Black Diamond to local dealer for routine oil change and tire rotation. Work was done on time and I drove truck back home. Checked oil level and it was perfect. Little I knew how much damage can one moron technician can achieve... Few days later I lost engine bash plate on highway and got flat tire in the process. At the moment I thought my truck was disintegrating in a hurry, but at least I did not loose control of the vehicle and was able to turn off on next exit. Of course, every couch mechanic on this board will blame me for 1. Not doing oil change myself (honestly, I love doing it, but this time I couldn't due to circumstances) and 2. Not completely inspecting vehicle after visit to dealer (Again, I just couldn't do it!).
After incident I got a new tire and called dealership. Service advisor did not return phone call and after I left message to service department manager, nobody bothered calling me back. I will drop my truck tomorrow and will update you what solution will be provided in person.
Next will be general manager of Coggin Ford and Ford Motor Company. In the mean time, moral of this story is simple: inspect your vehicle after each visit to dealer.
Your dealer experience was atypical but unfortunately it still happens.
Dealing with your issue is way above the pay grade of anyone below the general manager.
Understanding not being able to DIY,you might check into a off roader club to see if someone could assist you. If you were near me I'd be glad to help.
Paul in AZ....will work for beer.

nx40yrs

Heritage
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Moral of the story is DIY but never take it to a dealer for service.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading these horror stories- ouch. Iam 65, still do all of my own work. Gosh the day I can't anymore......I only wish I could open a shop and help people out, do work the right way and not charge too much. But I don't have the millions for a piece of property. Vehicle work is my passion and there's only one way to do things- the right way. It takes knowledge, skill, sometimes research, proper tools, time and patience. And it takes good "feel" too on assembly, tightening of fasteners, etc. And it's not for everybody even though some think it is...............
Sponsored