Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't rotate my spare its a pita and if something happens I like my new one out there but thats just me.

Took the tundra in for service ,first or second oil change because it was free and they got handprints all over the headliner . It was so expensive to replace but it was made right. Someone at that dealership might get a talking to.
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're driving a $32,000+ vehicle that gets 15mpg and you're going to worry about saving $250 in tire wear? 😁
That's not the only reason for a 5 tire rotation. The wear down or change in outer diameter that occurs through the regular driving is substantial after a certain point of miles. Consistently rotating the spare in will help to ensure all the tires are similar. Imagine you blow a tire after 20K miles and want to use the spare. That difference in OD will be notable and will overwork your differentials for no good reason. Also, change the orientation of the spare to the elements and sun. Hanging off the tailgate the spare never sees the sun down low and therefore doesn't get uniform damage from it's rays. Rotating it in solves that issue.

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it can't be cleaned to look like new the only option is to replace the cover.
\
I agree...it wont look new so if you could live with it get a $1000 credit on ford parts at invoice....if you must fix...put in aftermarket leather seats ....costs @ $2,000 and they look like factory leather and they dont get dirty...btw...my 2021 build has identical seats and if ever take delivery of it...I will be putting aftermarket leather seats...the quality is on par with factory and costs about the same as factory leather option...my .02

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2009 H3T has a full size spare and no TPMS sensor. It's not a Federal Requirement for the spare to have a sensor. It's not a Federal Requirement to use a sensor at all if the system is indirect reading and is compliant with the TREADS law, which is notification when a tire is 20% below manufacturer spec.
I needed to use my spare as a result of a flat, there is a TPSM installed on the spare from the factory.

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's not the only reason for a 5 tire rotation. The wear down or change in outer diameter that occurs through the regular driving is substantial after a certain point of miles. Consistently rotating the spare in will help to ensure all the tires are similar. Imagine you blow a tire after 20K miles and want to use the spare. That difference in OD will be notable and will overwork your differentials for no good reason. Also, change the orientation of the spare to the elements and sun. Hanging off the tailgate the spare never sees the sun down low and therefore doesn't get uniform damage from it's rays. Rotating it in solves that issue.
I've had two flats on the road in 40 years. Any difference in tire diameter won't destroy my differential driving the day or two it might take to get the flat fixed, I'll keep it off the highway. I detail my cars often so UV protectant spritzed on the spare will keep it in fine shape. :)

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow two flats only? Thats pretty amazing. Agreed it won't destroy anything. But also for some people getting that replacement tire, times two or four, because we all know it's not recommended to replace one tire at a time, may be a cost that they can't incur at the moment or perhaps the tires they need are on national backorder! Either way it's not a big deal but it is something to think about.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You called him "dude" and played a Jeep card? I am surprised that you got as far as you did.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having the fifth tire makes rotation easier also, only need a good floor jack since only one corner is off the ground at a time.
This. I rotate all 5 every 7 -10k with just a floor jack. Takes about 40 min tops. Also gives me a chance to really clean the wheels. Figure the extra life is worth the effort...

...and if a dealer gave me back my vehicle with seats like that, they would surely be on the receiving end of a serious hissy fit.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since we are asking. What is the best 5 tire rotation? This is one I found on google.

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster Jeep 5 tire

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner will take that out - no problem

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the spare new. When they discontinue the tire it becomes gold on ebay. People look for the elusive replacement to single tire they destroyed and have to pay up. I have personally had to do that several times on collector cars. Zero mile FJ with one failed BFG KO. I just one new to match the other 4 NOS tires matching. Threefidy was the fine. About double over the current KO3.5s or whatever they're on now.

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an OEM spare from 1986, looks mint, but not sure I would use it. I will say just be glad you got a spare unlike some other vehicles and I am not talking the plastic ones with run flats.
I would very much advise against using it. My husband and I once tried to use a spare that was "only" about 17 years old and it didn't even make it a mile.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't want a 5 tire rotation. Because that spare tire will have more tread than the other 4 that have been wearing evening throughout 5k miles. Once you put that spare on they in theory it won't be making as much rotations as your other 3 tires. As for the seat try a steam vac or a shampoo vac. Either way be a man and do your own oil changes and do as you want with your tires.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

@Alvin Olson
Sponsored