First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont know anyone that does a 5 tire rotation...
So this is not the norm?! I’ve gotten mixed reviews on this. Is it more of a preference?! I thought it was best to rotate them to prevent rotting?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do my own rotations on my vehicles and on my jeep i only do the 4 because taking it off is tough do to the weight. And by tough, i mean its a pain in the ass heavy. So im one with a new unused tire wheel combo on the back.
My other cars have space savers and fixaflat no spares.
Id have them replace the seat if they can't clean.
You don’t worry about the spare rotting out or anything?! That was my concern and when I first bought the Bronco people were saying to not cover the tires and to have them rotated to avoid them rotting out. Am I wrong?

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They should be able to get it out. Both my cars have light interiors and I've had spots like that that detailers have been able to get out.

There is also this stuff called "awesome" that does wonders. Scrub it in, let it foam up, then use a wet vac or better yet a green machine to suck it up.
I hope you’re right! The service manager says that he wants to fix it entirely before giving me the vehicle back.

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP, even in the days when I had a full size spare, it always stayed in the trunk. Never included in rotation. But that said, if you specifically asked them to include the spare, and they didn't, then you have every right to be upset. Otherwise, perhaps not so much.

Re: the seat, I can only shake my head. Imho it speaks to a callous disregard for customers that probably permeates the entire dealership. Mechanics get dirty, just a part of the job. So how could someone in a managerial position not have developed a process to ensure the inside doesn't get dirty? Amazing. When I take my two vehicles for service, I pull into the lane and get checked in. Next a plastic cover goes on the drivers seat and paper mat on the floor. Then the car is moved to the back for service. When it's done, the service writer walks me to the car and removes plastic seat cover and paper floor mat in front of me.

Good luck w/ future interactions at your dealer. Enjoy your bronc.

Take care. Contented
There was no plastic or paper covering used on the seats or the floor when I got in. In my other car, most of the time I have to remove them myself. This dealer didn’t seem to be the brightest so I’m not sure if they will do the oil change again once I get my vehicle back.
And regarding the 5 tire rotation I was only going by what the Ford dealer told me where I purchased the vehicle. So now since I’ve made it a thing, I guess they will have to keep rotating the 5 tires now! Sigh!

Sponsored

FNDUCKEDUP

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 & 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh I'd be so pissed....

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, that's just horrible on the seats. Plain negligence on their part. They should have put plastic on the seats. Heck yeah they should figure out how to clean them.

On the five tire rotation- I have a Jeep Wrangler and don't do it, only 4. I debated and still debate whether I should have done it. I was too worried about uneven wear on one of the tires- the spare- like having 5K miles on all of the tires and 0 on the spare on the very first rotation.
That’s my concern with the tire rotation so now that I’ve requested it, I will have to keep up with it, because I was concerned about even wear and tear as well and tire rot that I heard people talk about. I guess it boils down to a personal preference.

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WOW! I'd have gone full John Goodman in Big Lebowski on them. I'd hound ford and the dealership for some new seats or some type of compensation be it free service or whatever.
" This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man. "
the-big-lebowski-rage.gif
Thank you! I love this!!

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

DE0C67D8-908C-4597-8DAA-F056311846A7.jpeg

BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C.jpeg
Ask the dealer to give you a sweet deal on a leather interior. Good god those seats are hideous, if anything the stains help.

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was tossing the idea around this week of Wildtrak with cloth. Not anymore.
Yeah, I honestly debated with this before my order and sided with cloth since the WT has a more rugged look. I guess we shall see what the dealer tells me, otherwise they are giving me a new seat. And they better know how to fix that!! Ridiculous, I’ve had it for 3 months only to have a dealer (mechanic) mess up my seats!! Ugh!!

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Change your own oil because if you don't own it then you don't care.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

DE0C67D8-908C-4597-8DAA-F056311846A7.jpeg

BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C.jpeg
Send these pics to ford and demand new seat there not getting those stains out

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sad to hear, quality workers are tough to get theses days....

TSP will clean it up. Home Depot paint section, small box, powder.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs