First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

DE0C67D8-908C-4597-8DAA-F056311846A7.jpeg

BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C.jpeg
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, even though I do a 5 tire rotation on several vehicles, I believe I'm in the minority. Most Jeep spares I see look like they've never seen the ground either, so I doubt it's that common anywhere. Whenever it comes up here there's always lots of questions on how it's done. My guess is they've probably never had anyone want them to include the spare in the rotation.

The seat though, that's a disaster. Hope they get it clean without messing it up.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do my own rotations on my vehicles and on my jeep i only do the 4 because taking it off is tough do to the weight. And by tough, i mean its a pain in the ass heavy. So im one with a new unused tire wheel combo on the back.
My other cars have space savers and fixaflat no spares.
Id have them replace the seat if they can't clean.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took the Bronco to the dealer for its 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation based on the warranty I bought. They did the oil change and failed to do a 5 tire rotation. Do you know the service manager told me most people don’t want the spare rotated. Like what dude, it’s standard and a no brainer in making sure they all get in the rotation. I asked him do you think Jeeps don’t get a 5 tire rotation. So I had take it back for that and they left oil/grease stains on my seat. They are trying to clean it but worst case scenario that they can’t, any ideas of how to clean this?! The good news is I blasted them on FB that the CEO of the dealer reached out to me and provided me a rental until they can figure out a way to get these stains removed.

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C

Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster BD57384E-21D7-4AD8-A592-EB98BD41952C
Holy fuck!
Is this some back water, shit heel dealership or what? /

BR0NC0M0M

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Mustang; '18 Edge Sport; '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I had a Jeep I always had the Jeep dealership rotate my spare tire too while it was under warranty with them. Pay attention if your tires are directional though. Received mine back from the Jeep dealership once with some of directional tires going the opposite way. :rolleyes: .....and I'd make them replace that seat if they can't fix it.

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always rotated all 5 of my Jeep tires. I keep the spare in the tub instead of on the tailgate which makes it even more difficult to pull out and rotate, especially since they're 38" tires. But that's what prudence and necessity dictate.

You pay for 5 tires, you should use 5 tires. The spare shouldn't sit up on the tailgate or wherever, unused, it should age and reach wear conditions similar to the other 4 tires so that when it's time to replace them, you can replace them with 5 new tires. The dealer shouldn't give you any pushback on that.

I'd be furious about the stains. Seems like every time any of my vehicles, or boat, or plane for that matter get worked on, I get them back all dirty like that. But never stained. They need to make it look like new which may require replacing the seat(s). You need to insist on that.

-JC

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

5 tire rotation is not “standard” anywhere that I’ve ever heard of.

I actually just called my local Jeep dealer up the street and they said they only do it when a customer requests it.

So you might be overreacting there. Dirty seat thing is obviously unacceptable. Hopefully they’ll make it right.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hot water extractor should take that dirt right out. We kept one on standby, just in case.

I like to keep my cars detailed, it's a hobby. My spare will remain on the tailgate until it's needed, just to keep it clean and new. I know it's a dumb reason.

You're driving a $32,000+ vehicle that gets 15mpg and you're going to worry about saving $250 in tire wear? 😁

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A five tire rotation is not as normal because of all the vehicles with the temp spare or with none at all. It is silly to even debate it though. It's a customer request.

Sorry to see the seat. Keep in mind that the oil change folks are not the highest paid personnel on site.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, even in the days when I had a full size spare, it always stayed in the trunk. Never included in rotation. But that said, if you specifically asked them to include the spare, and they didn't, then you have every right to be upset. Otherwise, perhaps not so much.

Re: the seat, I can only shake my head. Imho it speaks to a callous disregard for customers that probably permeates the entire dealership. Mechanics get dirty, just a part of the job. So how could someone in a managerial position not have developed a process to ensure the inside doesn't get dirty? Amazing. When I take my two vehicles for service, I pull into the lane and get checked in. Next a plastic cover goes on the drivers seat and paper mat on the floor. Then the car is moved to the back for service. When it's done, the service writer walks me to the car and removes plastic seat cover and paper floor mat in front of me.

Good luck w/ future interactions at your dealer. Enjoy your bronc.

Take care. Contented

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hot water extractor should take that dirt right out. We kept one on standby, just in case.

I like to keep my cars detailed, it's a hobby. My spare will remain on the tailgate until it's needed, just to keep it clean and new. I know it's a dumb reason.

You're driving a $32,000+ vehicle that gets 15mpg and you're going to worry about saving $250 in tire wear? 😁
Actually it’s more like $50,000+ So yes and it was with my warranty to do the 5 tire rotation. I will pitch a fit and I get 18.2 mpg. Thanks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They should be able to get it out. Both my cars have light interiors and I've had spots like that that detailers have been able to get out.

There is also this stuff called "awesome" that does wonders. Scrub it in, let it foam up, then use a wet vac or better yet a green machine to suck it up.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the average Ford dealer is not great in the oil change department.

I asked a few about a 5 tire rotation. They did not know what I was talking about, and I did not have the desire to teach a service advisor/oil tech how to do a tire rotation.
Sponsored