Sponsored

First Edition ordered and still no build date.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably right who knows I might just go ahead and order a V8 Defender and see what shows up first..
That's the same boat we're in lol. There's a sparkling new FE about to show up at a dealer near us after financing fell through on it. They have it listed for $89k.

I laughed my ass off. We're on waitlists with two dealerships to snipe someone's Bronco if their financing falls through, but I straight up told them that cost was the #1 non-negotiable for us. If it goes over $55k, I'm gonna pass and go get a Defender. If we don't have a VIN by October...probably going to go get a Defender. Then decide if we want to take delivery (years from now šŸ˜‚) on a Bronco and turn around and sell it or just cancel the order outright.
Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many of these damn threads are gonna be replicated?

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got a vague email from my dealer today. "SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER PRODUCTION"

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How many of these damn threads are gonna be replicated?
If I were a mod, I would keep a running set of threads - FE not scheduled, Dealer screwed me, Scheduled and no Bronco, etc. and just keep merging the new ones in

Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I were a mod, I would keep a running set of threads - FE not scheduled, Dealer screwed me, Scheduled and no Bronco, etc. and just keep merging the new ones in
Pretty sure they exist, people just either
A. don't know how to use the search bar
or B. know how to use it but want more attention.

OP
OP

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, and instead of sending me my limited edition Bronco, they sent me a limited edition poster today.

D395CEA1-0B62-47BF-A8B5-9408A035AA08.jpeg

285BE768-8200-4534-AAEB-05ED85E2104C.jpeg

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would rather have it delayed and get a correct/good top. Having to deal with the top through a dealer is going to be a nightmare.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, and instead of sending me my limited edition Bronco, they sent me a limited edition poster today.

Ford Bronco First Edition ordered and still no build date. 285BE768-8200-4534-AAEB-05ED85E2104C

Ford Bronco First Edition ordered and still no build date. 285BE768-8200-4534-AAEB-05ED85E2104C
I actually received mine today. Itā€™s cool but not really sure what Iā€™ll do with it. One of the traxx bronco would have been way more cool. At least Iā€™ve got a new sticker for the yeti.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is what I gathered from my dealer - apparently they are finally doing something to be more aware:

1. On 7/16, Dealership showed my FE was still 19'd. The following Tuesday, 7/20, they informed me it had changed to 01.
So check with your dealer, ask for a new DORA sheet. Check to see if yours changed.
If it's anything <10, yours is in the chute so to speak as only Ford can set your priority to single digits. Dealers can only set to 10 or higher.

2. Scheduling week is not build week. MAP is shut down, and may have extra shutdown weeks depending on chip/top issues causing many to be parked until those parts come in. You can't build more if you have no space to put them, and what space they are using, some of it has a rental cost.

3. Semiconductors are slowly becoming available - news the PC world is that newer chips there are starting to ship again. I figure automotive can't be far behind. I have no insight into Ford's supply chain directly though, so I have no idea of their delays.

4. As noted elsewhere, First Editions were not limited by dealership allocation. My dealership told me the same thing.

5. "First Edition" was probably not the best moniker to use. Most of us associate "First Edition" with publishing and being the 'first' produced like it means in the publishing industry. Here is how my dealership explained it: "A Ford selected set of options combined into a trim package for the first production year. These will be produced alongside other trim levels." Nowhere in that definition does it suggest it will be first produced of all models that year, just a trim package that is custom for the first year. This definition also fits how it's being used on the Maverick. Maybe if Ford communicated it that way, it would have been more clear. Its what I based my understanding on, and why I am not frustrated. I knew it was potentially going to be a long wait.

6. If you ordered a First Edition trim, check with your dealer ASAP to make sure it's buildable. I hear some orders are still configured for dual tops or the MOD top resulting in unbuildable configurations. These options are no longer available and that needs to be changed at the dealership. The dealership "owns" the order entry process, so they have to be the ones who change it. You can't call the helpline and have them change it, and Ford will not proactively change it. YOU have to go in and request it. And be sure to get an updated DORA sheet when you do it. I would suggest getting this done today if possible. Your priority code may not change right away. It will wait for the next preview pass to get updated.

To expand on this: I was told buildable First Editions were changed to Priority 01 or 02. If yours was NOT changed, you need to make sure it's buildable now. The way it was explained to me through other channels closer to Ford: All buildable First Editions were all switched to 01 or 02. Priority 01s will get scheduled next. If there are available slots left on the schedule and it won't affect building 01s, then 02s will fill in those slots. Any 02s that do not make the cut this round will be bumped to 01 for the next round of scheduling. If yours is NOT changed to buildable before that next round, you're SOL because they switch to MY22 scheduling after that. So please, please, please - check with your dealership, make sure yours is buildable NOW, otherwise you may not get it at all as it cannot make MY21 scheduling if you don't.

7. The models/posters/bags/points thing - most I saw with the models had serious scheduling issues, and those with posters had some less serious scheduling issues, so it seems to be a 'peace offering' based on the level of disappointment. I have not received ANYTHING from Ford or my local dealership (in fact, it went the other way around LOL I gave the sales tower guy a Maisto Wildtrak Bronco model in red LOL), but that's probably because mine was never scheduled and changed. My only thing was the tops, so I changed it and even told those points will arrive a few weeks after I take delivery on top of the 42000 from the purchase. The bags and other stuff is dealership dependent - the dealership is buying that swag themselves to give out, and some dealerships aren't buying swag.
My FE was changed to a priority 1 on July 24th or thatā€™s the date my dealer informed me of the change. Hoping it gets scheduled during the next round, although who knows when that will be since the last few weeks have seen nada. Thursday šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ™šŸ¼

Sponsored

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You aren't alone. Reserved FE within first hour of website going live during premiere. Placed configuration as soon as possible in January for FE in LB and Onyx Black Interior. I have received zero communication from dealer or FORD except for poster. Although on Wednesday of last week I logged into Ford.com and the reservation now says "Ordering with Dealer".

Read the forum this morning and called dealer. They said that FE's are being given priority for MIC tops and they had just delivered their first Bronco on Friday which was a soft top. They said they have over 40 Bronco's in the same situation as me and I was near the front of the line. I didn't clarify with them if that was 40 FE's or total Broncos.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. They said I have no build date, no vin, no window sticker and the local dealership has not been contacted by the factory yet despite the reservation status changing.

Monster Bronco did send me a message we should get info Thursday. I'm hopefully we can get our Bronc's and get a 4x4 trip or two in with the family and the top off prior to winter.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have also heard that some FEs will be built in 22 by customer service and my dealer. Not the most exciting news.
No big deal, right? Price protection and all, you might be one of the lucky few to own the rarest Bronco of all... The FY22 (or FY23) first edition!

OP
OP

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You aren't alone. Reserved FE within first hour of website going live during premiere. Placed configuration as soon as possible in January for FE in LB and Onyx Black Interior. I have received zero communication from dealer or FORD except for poster. Although on Wednesday of last week I logged into Ford.com and the reservation now says "Ordering with Dealer".

Read the forum this morning and called dealer. They said that FE's are being given priority for MIC tops and they had just delivered their first Bronco on Friday which was a soft top. They said they have over 40 Bronco's in the same situation as me and I was near the front of the line. I didn't clarify with them if that was 40 FE's or total Broncos.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. They said I have no build date, no vin, no window sticker and the local dealership has not been contacted by the factory yet despite the reservation status changing.

Monster Bronco did send me a message we should get info Thursday. I'm hopefully we can get our Bronc's and get a 4x4 trip or two in with the family and the top off prior to winter.
Holy shit, I just checked my order and it says "Ordering with Dealer" too.