Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do they call them mannequins when they are perfectly capable at running and driving? I would think a mannequin would be one that didn't have a drivetrain like some of the car show concepts. They should be called dealer display vehicles. :)
“Mannequin” is simply the nickname for a test drive/demonstrator or loaner vehicle in the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP), so it has to be operational to fulfill its intended duty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my dealer couldn't find any information when he was placing my order for including the slide out tailgate or the swing gate tray table. Would you have any information regarding those two items? Thanks for all your information.

Yes, it can be added as a part through the parts department. It cannot be ordered on a 21 MY car. It should be able to be ordered as a 22 MY option.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why do they call them mannequins when they are perfectly capable at running and driving? I would think a mannequin would be one that didn't have a drivetrain like some of the car show concepts. They should be called dealer display vehicles. :)

Anyway, that's about the same time I was thinking (June 21), so your more educated guess hopefully confirms no further delays than what was already announced. :)
I think the mannequin term is because we have to order some type of accessory upfit to equip it with and show off the Ford accessories available.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it can be added as a part through the parts department. It cannot be ordered on a 21 MY car. It should be able to be ordered as a 22 MY option.
The slide out tailgate would be an accessory part as well as the tray/table?

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While not a perfect predictor, I have some insight on when the first Retail Broncos might get shipped.

We have two Mannequin Broncos that 'Should' get produced before retail orders. One is estimated to be built in the week of 5/17/21 and another in the week of 5/31/21. A safe guess is that those will take 4 weeks to show up at our store, so assume the last one will arrive late June.

I'm not sure where our mannequins fall in line compared to other dealers production timeline. But guess that ours is closer to the end of the line. That puts really late June or first part of July as the start of retail order delivery.

Just thought I'd pass that along.
SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT the JUNE 1 WAS TOTAL B.S. even in least demand trim line with least demand options.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Mannequin” is simply the nickname for a test drive/demonstrator or loaner vehicle in the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP), so it has to be operational to fulfill its intended duty.
Yeah, I just think it's a dumb name. Mannequins are lifeless and don't move. They also usually don't have any genitals. :LOL:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I just think it's a dumb name. Mannequins are lifeless and don't move. They also usually don't have any genitals. :LOL:
Mannequins live, I saw it in a movie once...

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soulless and defective car builder Elon Musk, reflecting on a learning curve that belies his genius...

"Friends ask me, when should they buy a Tesla. Well, either buy it right at the beginning, or when production reaches a steady state, but during that production ramp, it's super hard to be in vertical climb mode and get everything right on the little details. It's just a super difficult thing." Customers who "really want things to be dialed," Musk went on, should buy a very early model or one built "once production has leveled off."

Thanks and duh, Elon. On to Mars

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for sharing that. You guys really do go above and beyond.
Totally agree. Wish they were closer so I could’ve switched. My dealer seems annoyed anytime I ask questions, or flat out doesn’t respond to me. AND they’re not giving any Granger deal!

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is that because of an availability delay? This will be something that can be purchased after the fact, correct?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that because of an availability delay? This will be something that can be purchased after the fact, correct?
Yes, it may even be at the time of sale through the parts department. I believe it was to reduce manufacturing complexity.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it may even be at the time of sale through the parts department. I believe it was to reduce manufacturing complexity.
My dealership is gonna order my accessories through the parts dept instead of "off the assembly line" to make the build process easier.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds about right. My dealer told me late July to early August is when I should get mine. And thats because I chose Sasquatch with 2.7L (late availability).
Sponsored