Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the sales people are simple minded or dumber than any other normal people. The problem that I've encountered in every business in every industry in the last 10+ years is a significant lack of motivation to go out of their way to learn anything. People don't read their emails, handbooks, brochures, etc. and rely exclusively on being told everything and if they don't know it they claim "I was never taught that".

I do think Ford is keeping a lot of information close to the chest, because dealerships leak like seives, but even the little info the dealerships have is not getting dessiminated because Management knows they're not getting any sales for months, and sales people don't care enough to ask for their customers.

Definitely not saying it's everyone, but a good 90% of people I encounter are this way.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had the same experience. My dealership I reserved my Bronco through called me Friday to come in and finalize everything because they were expecting Bronco deliveries in December. I am kinda bummed actually because the original timing worked for me since I am looking to purchase a house first of the year and I wasn't looking to car payment during that time. SO we shall see what happens.

Anyways,
I just wanted to see if anyone has seen this or heard this from their dealership? Expected December Deliveries? If the B&P isn't out then how can the dealership finalize everything?
It could just be a dealership screwup.

But if they don’t know the difference between a Bronco and Bronco Sport, that’s a genuine problem.

Then again, they could be thinking that you don’t have a clue as to what’s going on ;), and are trying to get you to part with some hard earned cash as a deposit.

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford is cocky and overconfident knowing they have the number one truck in the USA F150.

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt it's a trap, never attribute malice where it can easily be explained by stupidity. Stupidity is much more common than malice, even in the car world.

I dropped by my Ford dealer on Saturday to drive the 2.3 and 2.7 engines and was talking to them about the Bronco and could tell that I was getting much better info on this forum than they had.

If you are posting on this forum, you are more informed on the bronco than 99.9% of the population, and that includes dealerships.
100% agree . I work specifically with auto dealers every day . The range is all across the board, but in 20 years have only dealt with a handful of truly deceitful. Ignorant, yes! ( ignorance defined as not knowing all the facts, not intended as a slam)

Sponsored

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the exception of 1, every internet sales person I have dealt with was fairly new and pretty much clueless. Internet sales is where many dealers put new people to get their feet wet.
My first dealership, before switching to Stephens, was an internet sales rep. Super nice, tenured , but not outgoing and motivated. My take is , at least in this case, gets handed leads , no real selling or closing, thus minimal customer service ( or drive to learn)

Iejoydecheesesteak

Outer Banks
First Name
Evad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt it's a trap, never attribute malice where it can easily be explained by stupidity. Stupidity is much more common than malice, even in the car world.

I dropped by my Ford dealer on Saturday to drive the 2.3 and 2.7 engines and was talking to them about the Bronco and could tell that I was getting much better info on this forum than they had.

If you are posting on this forum, you are more informed on the bronco than 99.9% of the population, and that includes dealerships.
My dealer keeps trying to sell me a ranger instead. I am thinking of changing dealers. I made a reservation for a bronco. I want a bronvo

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dealer keeps trying to sell me a ranger instead. I am thinking of changing dealers. I made a reservation for a bronco. I want a bronvo
I HATE that kind of salesman! Was looking at Explorer/Expedition a few years ago and saleman wanted to show me an Escape! Yea, not the same dude!
Sponsored