Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noticed a small scratch today while cleaning my car... Can't think of a time when I bumped it except yesterday
..Boss was looking at the car and his gun belt bumped into the back passenger door. Didn't think much of it at the time.. Looks like it needs a small buff.. He is a motor head and apologized and is brining me 3m buff and blaze to use.
Ford Bronco First scratch... Bleh! 933BD2A9-1119-4607-ADAA-64C69E1CF59A
Any pro tips on clear coat scratches?
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
best to just buff it out. if you just knock down the edges, it typically fades out of view. the visible scratch are the rough edges more than the scratch itself.

if you absolutely feel compelled to fill it, pick up a touch up pen from walmart. should wick in nicely then polish.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noticed a small scratch today while cleaning my car... Can't think of a time when I bumped it except yesterday
..Boss was looking at the car and his gun belt bumped into the back passenger door. Didn't think much of it at the time.. Looks like it needs a small buff.. He is a motor head and apologized and is brining me 3m buff and blaze to use.
Ford Bronco First scratch... Bleh! 933BD2A9-1119-4607-ADAA-64C69E1CF59A
tips? 3M products lol. Hopefully thats just clear coat, doesnt look too deep but follow the instructions on whatever he gets you and cover a wider area so it blends better.

Some of 3Ms compounds have an aggressive abrasive mix so just do your research, read the instructions, take your time, youll be alright.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That awkward moment you want to scream at your boss, but you can't...

At least he's trying to help and sounds like he's sorry about it. Hopefully a light buff will get it out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tips? 3M products lol. Hopefully thats just clear coat, doesnt look too deep but follow the instructions on whatever he gets you and cover a wider area so it blends better.

Some of 3Ms compounds have an aggressive abrasive mix so just do your research, read the instructions, take your time, youll be alright.
I've done buffing once. On an epoxy cutting board. Like last week..😂 But never on a car let alone a brand new one. He said a little 3m rubbing compound on a microfiber and light elbow grease followed by blaze and I'm golden. I did watch a yt video where a guy used 3000 then 5000 wet sand, but his scratch was like 10 inches long. I don't think I need to go that far with it. But it's helped ease my anxiety on sanding a car.

Ford Bronco First scratch... Bleh! 54BDAF02-D1B9-40DE-8527-0A72264AABC9

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rear door swung open into my toolbox. Thus small ding and went through clear and paint. I feel your pain unfortunately.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done buffing once. On an epoxy cutting board. Like last week..😂 But never on a car let alone a brand new one. He said a little 3m rubbing compound on a microfiber and light elbow grease followed by blaze and I'm golden. I did watch a yt video where a guy used 3000 then 5000 wet sand, but his scratch was like 10 inches long. I don't think I need to go that far with it. But it's helped ease my anxiety on sanding a car.

That's a pretty sweet cutting board!

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a new Bronco Sport. Wouldn't drive it much the first month until my ordered hood protector came in. Didn't want rock chips. I've installed it and now drive it. If I know I'm going to the grocery store parking lot I'll drive my used car. A scratch would put me over the edge. I hate brand new vehicles, stresses me out, but I'll get over it sometime.

I plan on ppf for my big Bronco. Trail rash and pinstriping will kill me.

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You might be able to get away with that, unfortunately white scratches like that are often deeper than you think. Provided it isn't transfer. However if you try a decent compound, then a finishing polish it should at least even it out a little. Hopefully to where you don't notice it as much.

If that doesn't work then you can get out the sandpaper and go from there, however if you have never done that before I would urge extreme caution, sanding can make the problem way bigger than it originally was, if done wrong. If done right, you'll never know the scratch was there. A local paint correction shop might be happy to get it out quick for you. Will take them 20 minutes.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope not. if you rub your fingernail over the scratch can you feel it?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several great advice posts above mine here.
if the modest use of a drop of compound then polish doesn’t do it,
Get one of those clear coat touch up pens, apply it and let it sit in the sun and harden up well for a day.
Then you can take a paint stick and use like some 2000 grit wrapped around it to GENTLY start taking that touch up back down.
Repeat buffing process.
Don’t be too nervous when you see swirls from the compound.
The polish typically takes care of those.
Wax as normal.
Sponsored