Sponsored

First time I've seen this. (shipping damage)

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all -

first let me start by saying i have purchased a 2023 base SAS for msrp from a great dealer in the next state (monadnock ford in NH). very very happy with it msrp was 43170.
Ford Bronco First time I've seen this. (shipping damage) 1689268151315

I had a bronco on order from early Feb2022. When i bought one I contacted the dealer and said I had bought one and wasn't going to purchase my order when it did come in and if they want to cancel that is fine. The order was still "unscheduled clean" after about 12 months. So i just forgot about it.

Well yesterday my dealer texts me my bronco has arrived! not bad only 17 months for a 2 door / BD / MID / V6. i said again I wasn't going to buy it and he was happy and responded it would give him the opportunity to sell it for $10k over MSRP.

I went by after work to just take a quick look at it. sure enough the thing was damaged in transit. Sort of odd as this is the second vehicle I have ordered from them that arrived with shipping damage. (the first was a 2003 cobra, wow 20 years ago now)

anyway here is how this bronco arrived:

Ford Bronco First time I've seen this. (shipping damage) 1689269932830

Ford Bronco First time I've seen this. (shipping damage) 1689269951343

mcgovern ford in framingham. They are or seem to be completely unaware. I happen to be very tall and without the sasquatch package i can clearly see over the roof while standing next to it.
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure why the dealer wouldn't be aware--it's clearly transport damage. The dealer didn't do anything wrong, all they can do now is wait for a new hardtop to come in to replace it. Transport company pays for it. Nothing for you to worry about...it's theirs to sell now.

OP
OP

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure why the dealer wouldn't be aware--it's clearly transport damage. The dealer didn't do anything wrong, all they can do now is wait for a new hardtop to come in to replace it. Transport company pays for it. Nothing for you to worry about...it's theirs to sell now.

i agree. just thought it was my luck the 2 vehicles I've ordered from this dealer both had some sort of shipping damage. I haven't seen a bronco roof like this can only assume they drove it off the truck with the upper deck still loaded?

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i agree. just thought it was my luck the 2 vehicles I've ordered from this dealer both had some sort of shipping damage. I haven't seen a bronco roof like this can only assume they drove it off the truck with the upper deck still loaded?
Could have happened anywhere from the rail ramp while loading on the rail car to going on/off the carrier. This is the first I've seen it happen...definitely not from someone from the dealership or plant taking it through a drive-thru LOL.

Sponsored
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco, 14 Honda Pilot, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the years in the car business, I've seen quite a bit of similar damage. Manufactures only allow a certain amount of time to claim transit damage. Unfortunately with drivers dropping off cars after hours and in inclement weather, these things can be missed. I've seen a Range Rover with the roof indented and the sunroof shattered out and the driver claimed that it must have been a low hanging tree branch. Odd that if left equally spaced gouges on both sides of the roof before the glass shattered.

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door had MIC top damage also from shipping a couple weeks ago when we picked it up, though not as bad as this. Already got the warranty claim approved and dealer ordered the replacement parts.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened to me too but on a different vehicle. 2012
Ford Bronco First time I've seen this. (shipping damage) 20181124_162441
GMC Duramax Southern comfort conversion had a nice crease right down the middle of the cab, I didn't catch it till it was too late
File the claim immediately

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer didn't catch when it was dropped off which means he gonna eat all of that repair. Ouch!

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, they put the license plate holder on! 😒 Looks almost exactly like mine (Badlands tho).
They are too stupid & should know that in Texas... for the Broncos there is NO front license required by law!
Sponsored