First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just dropped it off at the Xpel dealer in Grand Junction. She's getting full PPF, ceramic window tint, and ceramic coating over the PPF and the wheels. Someone else had their Cactus Grey done up as well and they had it ready to go home. Seeing that one convinced me I have it at the right place. Already looking forward to picking her up on Friday...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked her up this evening and I'm blown away! The paint correction really brought out the tri-coat depth and the film and ceramic coating have made it look like glass. Super pleased with how it turned out! They also installed my Bronco script on the fenders and tinted the doors. The doors ended up slightly darker than the factory tint we were trying to match so when Ford replaces my MIC, it's going back and having the top tinted as well. If anyone is in western Colorado and looking to have film/wrap, tint, or paint correction/detailing done, Colorauto in Junction has knocked two Broncos out of the park while beating the Denver Xpel dealer's price by a very good margin.

20211203_174641.jpg

The picture isn't so hot as it was dark already and I wasn't planning on posting it. I'll get some better ones tomorrow. The rake is also greatly exaggerated. Need to work on my camera skills...

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked her up this evening and I'm blown away! The paint correction really brought out the tri-coat depth and the film and ceramic coating have made it look like glass. Super pleased with how it turned out! They also installed my Bronco script on the fenders and tinted the doors. The doors ended up slightly darker than the factory tint we were trying to match so when Ford replaces my MIC, it's going back and having the top tinted as well. If anyone is in western Colorado and looking to have film/wrap, tint, or paint correction/detailing done, Colorauto in Junction has knocked two Broncos out of the park while beating the Denver Xpel dealer's price by a very good margin.

Ford Bronco First time she's not sleeping at my house... getting XPEL applied 20211203_174641

The picture isn't so hot as it was dark already and I wasn't planning on posting it. I'll get some better ones tomorrow. The rake is also greatly exaggerated. Need to work on my camera skills...
Curious what the total cost was?

OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious what the total cost was?
$4,500 out the door inclusive of tax . Includes coating the wheels and ppf'ing the inside door sills up to about 6 inches. If you don't do the tailgate it saves about $500. If you don't ceramic coat the wheels or have them do the inside door sills, it will take off another $250. They do go behind door handles/tire carrier mount and wrap around edges.

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
$4,500 out the door inclusive of tax . Includes coating the wheels and ppf'ing the inside door sills up to about 6 inches. If you don't do the tailgate it saves about $500. If you don't ceramic coat the wheels or have them do the inside door sills, it will take off another $250.
Cool, thanks! I don’t know nothing about this stuff. How many years life?

can it handle branches/trees rubbing on it offroad?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It is warrantied, but I will have to grab the paperwork out of the Bronco to tell you for how long. The ceramic coating adds a lot to the longevity. Between the self healing ppf and the coating, it should keep the pinstriping away. I was also thinking it should help with paint chips too. I really wanted to be able to use the Bronco offroad without the anxiety that comes from hearing buckbrush and scrub oak screeching down the sides.

UPDATE: Xpel Ultimate carries a 10 year warranty.

Last edited:

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is warrantied, but I will have to grab the paperwork out of the Bronco to tell you for how long. The ceramic coating adds a lot to the longevity. Between the self healing ppf and the coating, it should keep the pinstriping away. I was also thinking it should help with paint chips too. I really wanted to be able to use the Bronco offroad without the anxiety that comes from hearing buckbrush and scrub oak screeching down the sides.
Nice, it looks great!

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$4,500 out the door inclusive of tax . Includes coating the wheels and ppf'ing the inside door sills up to about 6 inches. If you don't do the tailgate it saves about $500. If you don't ceramic coat the wheels or have them do the inside door sills, it will take off another $250. They do go behind door handles/tire carrier mount and wrap around edges.
Only 9 hrs from Phx. Might we worth my drive once I get mt Bronco

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems like a fair price. And your Bronco looks pretty amazing, especially with the new badge.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Paint protection films run from 8-12 mil thick which can help with rubbing but they are still a thin coating so a stiff branch could pierce it. I would still try to limit brush up against the paint if you are sensitive to scratches.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just dropped it off at the Xpel dealer in Grand Junction. She's getting full PPF, ceramic window tint, and ceramic coating over the PPF and the wheels. Someone else had their Cactus Grey done up as well and they had it ready to go home. Seeing that one convinced me I have it at the right place. Already looking forward to picking her up on Friday...
Ceramic Coating over the PPF? 🤷

OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ceramic coating helps protect the ppf. Bugs, hard water, bird poop, etc can all be damaging to ppf or even stain it. The ceramic coating adds another layer of protection and makes it a lot easier to clean. As much as a full ppf wrap costs, it will be well worth it if it increases the longevity or ease of cleaning. In addition, we have very hard water out here and it likes to leave spots in a master of seconds in the summer. That is something that ppf is susceptible to and the coating helps make it easier to prevent and remove.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good thanks for sharing. My favorite color!

I was the same way when I got my first new car. Wanted to keep it nice. All went downhill from there over the years!
Sponsored