Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t remember the last time I waxed a car……my wife seems to enjoy (or somehow feel compelled to do) that chore.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of my CG BL on 7/29 or so. A week or so later did the wash, clay, ceramic coating. I found three small scuffs in the clear coat that polished out. I removed flares, rock rails, and tire carrier for the process. I was very impressed with the coverage and finish so I know it’s possible to get a good job. You should at least report this to your dealer in case additional problems occur.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What you’re looking at is called solvent pop. It happens when solvents aren’t allowed to flash off long enough prior to entering the oven and erupt through the semi-cured paint. Root cause is probably a thicker than normal application of clearcoat film given that flash times are set by line speed.
This right here. This man knows what he is talking about.

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm late to the conversation but I have them too. Found this discussion while trying to figure out what they were. Thank you JohnForyt. They look exactly like you described. I didn't notice at the dealer and you really have to be in the right light but definitely won't buff out. I have six on my hood. At this point, I'm just happy to have it.
Sponsored