Sponsored

My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached)

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It appears that they used both Lightning Blue and Velocity Blue body panels.
Definitely looks like they repainted the doors with Lightning Blue instead of Velocity Blue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely looks like they repainted the doors with Lightning Blue instead of Velocity Blue.
Up close its an exact color match. The flake is different making the door appear darker.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bondo (reg tdmk) and nowhere did I suggest dealer had anything to do with this. It came that way on the truck so unless shipping company has a body shop this was done after MAP initial build. They paint entire bodies with matching panels in one shot, not like some luxury companies who bring in body panels painted in different locations.

And broken glass indicates......broken glass, but if it was just from misalignment and catching on opening doors why repaint. This is physical damage to the doors, keyed, dented (hence Bondo and/or lead filler) but damage that required either replacement from stock, fully painted, or touched up after install.

I have a hunch that pulling door panels will reveal a different color underneath⁸
No offense - but no halfway decent body shop uses 'bondo'. They use a variety of different fillers based on substrate being worked on, depth of damage etc. And GOOD Shop use as little filler as possible.

Lead filler? You do know that the doors are aluminum right? Not to mention modern body panels are WAY TOO thin to use lead (it's actually a mixture of lead/tin) as filler.

OP - I know it sucks - but just work with the dealer. If they don't have an inhouse paint shop (Some don't) they will have a shop they use regularly.

Pictures on the internet make it hard to judge.

As for metallics, that's why most metallic paint jobs aren't panel painted and then put together unless you orientate the panels in the manner they will sit on the vehicle. It's also why spraying different panels with metallic at a different time will sometimes come out different in appearance........gun pressure, temp, humidity, how the paint was sprayed - all can cause differences.

Are there painters than can do it and it comes out flawless? Yes...and that's skill and experience.

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know why the Bronco's production has such issues, Ranger is made is made in the same plant, no complaints, mine is perfect.

VB Badlands 2Dr is what I had on order since last Summer. Needing a tow vehicle forced my hand and I went with the Ranger. After a week I'm loving it.

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) IMG_20220314_090808165

Ford Bronco My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached) IMG_20220314_090741673

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why the Bronco's production has such issues, Ranger is made is made in the same plant, no complaints, mine is perfect.

VB Badlands 2Dr is what I had on order since last Summer. Needing a tow vehicle forced my hand and I went with the Ranger. After a week I'm loving it.
My Badlands is also "perfect"

It's a mass produced vehicle, some will be produced well, some will not.

Sponsored

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my badlands for a week and realized the small painted section at the rear above the bumper that wraps the sides slightly is a different shade of grey from the rest of my car. Looks ok from an angle but straight on it’s clearly different.

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow….. There is an interesting story here I’m sure, but the terrible thing is that Ford let this be delivered.
It probably wasn’t that noticeable with all the grime from sitting on the mountain. Didn’t pop out until the dealer cleaned it up.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Collectors edition? Dont take it out of the wrapper!

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It probably wasn’t that noticeable with all the grime from sitting on the mountain. Didn’t pop out until the dealer cleaned it up.
It has 6 miles on the odometer so I doubt it went there.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As at least one person stated, being a metallic color it can be harder to blend. Make sure they blend into both fenders or you could end up with a similar result.

I don't think the dealer will let you choose where it gets fixed. But I had my door done at Clark's Autobody in Pepperell, MA. I went there on recommendation and the insurance adjuster even commented he liked that shop and they will get me fixed up good.

It came out perfect. I was worried about matching Rapid Red. Zero complaints. Sean is the owner and is a great guy.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fine to me. I must be color blind. I can’t tell the difference.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It has 6 miles on the odometer so I doubt it went there.
Your OP said that it was stuck in production for two months so figured you got hit with the chip shortage and sat for a while. If not the QC person must have tied one on the night before they looked at yours. That stinks but I’m sure a good shop can get you right.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your OP said that it was stuck in production for two months so figured you got hit with the chip shortage and sat for a while. If not the QC person must have tied one on the night before they looked at yours. That stinks but I’m sure a good shop can get you right.
It will all work out, I'm not too worried. My delay was not due to chips, so I'm betting it was a damage event. I know that the passengers window broke but that's all I can say.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my badlands for a week and realized the small painted section at the rear above the bumper that wraps the sides slightly is a different shade of grey from the rest of my car. Looks ok from an angle but straight on it’s clearly different.
All plastic bits are painted elsewhere... Except maybe the filler door. Cars with their urethane bumpers are an obvious example. Some colours just don't match up perfectly and metal flake and/or pearl paints can stick out like a sore thumb when they aren't sprayed together with a joining panels.
Sponsored