Sponsored

My Bronco has mis matched paint from the factory. (pic attached)

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought Ford was not offering 2-tone paint...
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my badlands for a week and realized the small painted section at the rear above the bumper that wraps the sides slightly is a different shade of grey from the rest of my car. Looks ok from an angle but straight on itā€™s clearly different.
That isn't so much a defect as rather different material will exhibit paint differently. That small section that you refer to is plastic whereas the rear quarter panel and tailgate is metal.

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That isn't so much a defect as rather different material will exhibit paint differently. That small section that you refer to is plastic whereas the rear quarter panel and tailgate is metal.
You are right, didnā€™t even realize that until you mentioned it and I went and knocked on the two panels.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also the quarter is sheet metal, the door is aluminum

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also the quarter is sheet metal, the door is aluminum
But once primer is applied top coat should come out similar..which could indicate correct paint but primer color different than or different brand than factory.

Sponsored

BuckeyeDuramax

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So like the title says. I watched my truck come off the truck at the dealer yesterday, and noticed a paint issue. The paint on the doors do not match the sides of the Bronco. I also found window glass pieces on the inside. The seam sealer on both doors appear to be factory gun applied, but the paint is way off. Has anyone else had this happen? It's VB and there was a 2 month period that it was in production. Any advise is welcomed.

Edit - top pic shows is most realistic to in person viewing, the bottom pic is least noticeable.

IMG_8970.jpg

dooroutside.jpg
You have a Bronco which is more than I can ever expect to say @ this point!

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So like the title says. I watched my truck come off the truck at the dealer yesterday, and noticed a paint issue. The paint on the doors do not match the sides of the Bronco. I also found window glass pieces on the inside. The seam sealer on both doors appear to be factory gun applied, but the paint is way off. Has anyone else had this happen? It's VB and there was a 2 month period that it was in production. Any advise is welcomed.

Edit - top pic shows is most realistic to in person viewing, the bottom pic is least noticeable.

IMG_8970.jpg

dooroutside.jpg
Any update on this?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Badlands always came with BFGs guys. It's not Sasquatch, those are the upgraded wheels.

Since 2dr VB BLs happen to be the best looking configuring in my opinion, I've seen a lot of pictures of them. I've never noticed mismatched colors til now. Something happened for sure. What's odd is that both doors are off.
Maybe the doors are lightening blue?

Weā€™ve seen mix and match seats, why not doors?

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A large portion of the body of the 2021 Ford Bronco is made from lightweight aluminum. This includes the hood, front fenders, rear fenders, doors, and tailgate. Meanwhile, steel was used to construct the Bronco's frame and floor. The sport tubes and cage are made from boron steel as well.

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Did you find out what happened and is it getting repainted?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you find out what happened and is it getting repainted?
I have the option, but it turns out that the color is correct, there's flop in the flake. It's noticeable on one specific situation, and knowing its there, I really don't see it unless I stare it down in that light.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford sent one to my dealership with the interior panels not matching

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A large portion of the body of the 2021 Ford Bronco is made from lightweight aluminum. This includes the hood, front fenders, rear fenders, doors, and tailgate. Meanwhile, steel was used to construct the Bronco's frame and floor. The sport tubes and cage are made from boron steel as well.
I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t know that the Bronco quarter panels and fenders are aluminum, especially since both of our other vehicles have 100% of the body panels made of aluminum.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am guessing something happened to the door(s) and they replaced them
šŸ‘† but probably repainted instead of replaced. Dealer will need to take pics and send to digital imaging for approval. Not a paint guy but that may end up being a fender, door and quarter blend.
Sponsored